Windows 10: Weird Keyboard Glitch (First letter jumps to end of word/sentence)

Discus and support Weird Keyboard Glitch (First letter jumps to end of word/sentence) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Dear Windows 10 forums, So i just re-installed windows on my computer because of an issue that I had for other reasons. It seemed to install fine.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ftrach, Apr 10, 2019.

1. ftrach Win User

Weird Keyboard Glitch (First letter jumps to end of word/sentence)

Dear Windows 10 forums,

So i just re-installed windows on my computer because of an issue that I had for other reasons. It seemed to install fine.

But here's the problem (very weird).

As of right now, this only seems to be happening on Facebook Messenger, on Facebook.com, but for some reason whenever I send a message to someone, the first message sends fine. (This is pressing the "enter" key once, I thought maybe this would be worth noting)

But the second message I start typing, the FIRST LETTER immediately is sent to the END of the sentence, and the message gets ruined.

Example:

Weird Keyboard Glitch (First letter jumps to end of word/sentence) [​IMG]

Also when this glitch is happening, if I hit "backspace", it jumps to the beginning of the word/sentence instead of backspacing properly.

I've tried every single keyboard setting possible and have googled everything and cannot figure out what's going on.

It seems to be only happening on Facebook Messenger right now so I'm not sure if it happens anywhere else. Is this a problem Windows 10? Is it a Facebook Messenger glitch?

I also tried various browsers.

If anyone knows what's possibly going on I would appreciate some insight, this is really frustrating me as I use Facebook.com Messenger a lot to communicate.

P.S: The same error DOES NOT happen on http://www.messenger.com, which is very interesting. Maybe it's a Fcaebook issue? But why would this only happen after my reset of windows 10 OS?

Thanks in advance if anyone can help me with this small, but very annoying issue.

Regards,
    Francis Trach

:)

ftrach, Apr 10, 2019
  2. Geethu B Win User

letters being transferred to end of sentences

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with typing and letter are transferred to the end of the sentence.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

To understand the issue better, I would need more information from your end.

• What is the make and model of the desktop?
    • What is the model number of the Wireless keyboard and mouse?
    • When exactly the issue started?
    This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

1. Damaged hardware.

2. Missing Windows Updates.

3. Corrupt keyboard driver.

Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I would suggest you to connect an external keyboard and check if the issue persists or not.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to download and install all available Windows Updates and devices drivers from the computer manufacturer website.

Method 3:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to download and install latest keyboard driver from the manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Apr 10, 2019
  3. letters being transferred to end of sentences

when i type anywhere either chat windows or notepad certain letters transfer to the end of the sentences and some letters disappear completely. im using win 10 desktop with an Acer wireless keyboard and mouse.

bambiluvsthumper, Apr 10, 2019
  4. Weird Keyboard Glitch (First letter jumps to end of word/sentence)

letters transferred to the end of my sentences,,namely the letters "y" and combinations of "ny",and "h"

when I type a sentence in any chat window anywhere, certain letter will be transferred to e end of the sentenceth.See? it just happened on the previous sentence. the "th" from the word "the" was transferred
    to the end of te sentenceh. there it just happened again,,gah. It happens to many letters all the time. i have to delete e transferred letters at the end and go back and repair the worrdsth,,gah,this as been going on for ever.h

You can see it in the above paragragh

"th" from word "the"

ny from anything

y's

bambiluvsthumper, Apr 10, 2019
Thema:

Weird Keyboard Glitch (First letter jumps to end of word/sentence)

1. Weird Keyboard Glitch (First letter jumps to end of word/sentence) - Similar Threads - Weird Keyboard Glitch

2. Fixing weird keyboard spam glitch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fixing weird keyboard spam glitch: I have a msi gs66-11ue laptopI've been having a problem where the keyboard sometimes spams keysit looks something like this "my name issssssssssssss"There's no specific time this occurs, or any specific key.One thing i've notices is that all my input gets super slow as if it...
  3. Allow or Stop Touch Keyboard from capitalizing the first letter of each sentence in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    Allow or Stop Touch Keyboard from capitalizing the first letter of each sentence in Windows 11: [ATTACH]By default, if you type on any program using the Windows Touch keyboard, it capitalizes the first letter automatically. However, this guide is for you if you want to stop the Touch keyboard from capitalizing the first letter of each sentence in Windows 11 and Windows...
  4. A weird glitch affecting the keyboard

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    A weird glitch affecting the keyboard: Hey The arrow keys(cursor keys) in my laptop (HP OMEN 15 2020) are having a wierd glitch where they randomly stop working but every time I restart my laptop they again starts working Also if I logout and then at the time of login (when I'm typing my password) the keys...
  5. Printing with weird gap in the word and letters are squashed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printing with weird gap in the word and letters are squashed: Hi Guys So, we have this printer IPF 750 but is is printing as shown bellow ;tried excel ,word , notepad ,printer test page .The only way is printing good is from a PDF file . I have tried : -wipe down all printers drivers from my workstation ,reinstall the canon...
  6. Any way to auto-capitalize first letter of the first word of each sentence?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any way to auto-capitalize first letter of the first word of each sentence?: Is this even possible for non-touchscreen Windows PCs? I tried searching for this online and ended up down a rabbit hole of Microsoft forums. Does anyone have any idea? submitted by /u/jodbuns [link] [comments]...
  7. turning on the feature to capitalize first letters in a sentence

in Windows 10 Customization
    turning on the feature to capitalize first letters in a sentence: hello all!!! I just received a computer from my boss for work, and I have been going through the settings to customize myself with the way I want it set up. I have noticed online on all the forums that I have looked at, the options to TURN ON/OFF this feature are not...
  8. jumbled words because letters jump backward as typed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    jumbled words because letters jump backward as typed: can barely type an email or a comment on Facebook because letters jump backward and words get jumbled as a result https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/jumbled-words-because-letters-jump-backward-as/a54a6a33-62d3-451e-a775-a6b35b606346
  9. The capitalized letter I type at the beginning of a sentence is being deposited at the end...

in Windows 10 Customization
    The capitalized letter I type at the beginning of a sentence is being deposited at the end...: The capitalized letter I type at the beginning of a sentence is being deposited at the end of the sentence. This has continued to happen after reinstalling Windows 1o and doing all the updates. Any solutions?...
  10. Turn On or Off Touch Keyboard Capitalize First Letter Each Sentence

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Touch Keyboard Capitalize First Letter Each Sentence: How to: Turn On or Off Touch Keyboard Capitalize First Letter Each Sentence How to Turn On or Off Touch Keyboard Capitalize First Letter of Each Sentence in Windows 10 You can use different keyboards with Windows to fit your needs. The most common is a physical,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. keyboard types first letter at end of word

2. keybaord types first letter st end

3. when I type words my first letter goes to the end of the word how do I fix it