Windows 10: Weird Keyboard issue on on remote desktop

Discus and support Weird Keyboard issue on on remote desktop in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello guys, Just want to ask if someone has experience my issue.. So I am accessing my office desktop at home using google remote and sometime... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/daygamer77, May 13, 2020.

1. Weird Keyboard issue on on remote desktop

Hello guys,

Just want to ask if someone has experience my issue..

So I am accessing my office desktop at home using google remote and sometime dwservice.All works fine but last night it suddenly keeps pressing keys nonstop (actually its not a key its just blank). I rebooted the desktop with no luck, I could not login on the login prompt because I cant type the password because the keys keep pressing..

So i tried access my desktop using VDI. To my surprise it has no issue, everything works fine.So what i did is to disable the keyboard on my desktop and it does not fix the issue.I rebooted my desktop serveral times. I currently using VDI as a work around. I prefer google desktop as its much faster.

I tried accessing my desktop using dwservice/dwagent and it has the same issue with google remote. So i am thinking that the issue is only happening if I use https/https protocol when accessing my desktop because on VDI it has no issue, no keyboard pressing or whatsoever.

Anyone experience this?

Thanks

submitted by /u/daygamer77
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/daygamer77, May 13, 2020

2. Keyboard layout issue in Remote Desktop

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums

We understand your concern as you are having difficulties in keyboard setting for the other PC through Remote Desktop connection.

Let me point you in the right direction, where you would get the appropriate help for this issue. I would suggest you to post your query in

TechNet
    forums, where we have experts and support professionals who are well equipped with the knowledge on Remote Desktop input language to assist you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Also suggest you to refer the sections that says “Why do incorrect characters appear in the session?”
    From this article: Frequently
    asked questions about the Remote Desktop clients
    and check if that helps.

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, May 13, 2020
  3. remote desktop

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please help me with the below details to understand your issue in a better way:

1. Are you using the Microsoft remote desktop app?

If you are using the Microsoft remote desktop app downloaded from
    Microsoft store then, I suggest you to follow the steps to
    fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

If the issue still persists with the Microsoft remote desktop app, then you can contact the support team by going to the

link
    and scrolling down to the bottom and clicking on
    Microsoft remote desktop support under the Publisher info.

However, if you are using the Remote desktop connection, which comes pre-installed with Windows 10, then I suggest you to please post your question in the
    TechNet forum.

Hope it helps.

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, May 13, 2020
  4. Weird Keyboard issue on on remote desktop

Remote desktop connectivity issues

Hello,

A factor why you're having issues remotely accessing your computer is due to settings configuration. We suggest that you refer to this article:

How to use Remote Desktop
    and follow the on-screen instructions.

About your concern regarding setting the Windows Firewall and Local Group Policy back to default, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X > Go to Control Panel.
    • In the View by: drop-down menu, select Small icons
      > Click Windows Firewall.
    • On the left side panel, hit Restore defaults.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.

To restore Local Group Policy to default:

• Press Windows key + R > Enter gpedit.msc
    • Navigate to the following path on the left side panel: Local Computer Policy >
      Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates >
      All Settings
    • On the right side panel, sort the policy settings by State > Set the state from
      Enabled/Disable to Not Configured > Apply the settings.
    • Repeat the same for this path: Local Computer Policy >
      User Configuration
      > Administrative Templates >
      All Settings.

Let us know what happens after following the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Regile Reb, May 13, 2020
Thema:

Weird Keyboard issue on on remote desktop

1. Weird Keyboard issue on on remote desktop - Similar Threads - Weird Keyboard issue

2. Keyboard layout issue in Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard layout issue in Remote Desktop: When i use mstsc on my local "Windows 10 20H2 build 19042.1645" to connect to "Windows server 2019 build 17763.2746" then after disconnecting my local keyboard layout get sometimes messed up i didnt figure out root cause of this.On BOTH machines i have exactly same langunage...
  3. Keyboard layout issue in Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard layout issue in Remote Desktop: When i use mstsc on my local "Windows 10 20H2 build 19042.1645" to connect to "Windows server 2019 build 17763.2746" then after disconnecting my local keyboard layout get sometimes messed up i didnt figure out root cause of this.On BOTH machines i have exactly same langunage...
  4. Keyboard layout issue in Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Remote desktop issue

Remote desktop issue: Hello, I have a window 10 OS, I am facing an issue with the remote desktop. It lags a lot and hangs. Have to disconnect and connect again to join. Very poor performance. Please help for a solution...
  6. weird keyboard issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    weird keyboard issue: after upgrading to windows 11, im having weird input bug that when i press any key that have a certain functionalt, shift, capslock and etc... while i'm pressing any alphabet key, my keyboard nolonger inputs............Does anyone have this bug?...
  7. weird keyboard issue

weird keyboard issue: after upgrading to windows 11, im having weird input bug that when i press any key that have a certain functionalt, shift, capslock and etc... while i'm pressing any alphabet key, my keyboard nolonger inputs............Does anyone have this bug?...
  8. Weird Keyboard Issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Weird Keyboard Issue: When I press 0 on my keyboard, it also attempts to 'return' or 'enter' and is becoming incredibly frustrating while typing in passwords. My CTRL+C and CTRL+V buttons are not working either. When typing, if I spell something wrong and want to press the right arrow to skip...
  9. Remote desktop keyboard issues.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Remote desktop keyboard issues.: I have 2 PCs at home, one that is headless and I remote desktop into. Everything works great except for 1 thing.. When I connect via Remote Desktop, it closes the current user session and opens a session for Remote Desktop. Any input used with the keyboard of the remote...
  10. Keyboard layout issue in Remote Desktop

Keyboard layout issue in Remote Desktop: I use W10 Remote Desktop to connect to a Windows 7 Professional SP1 external computer. Before that I used W7, Dutch language, American international keyboard and never had problems with these keyboard settings on my external computer with the same language and keyboard...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dwservice shift keyboard