Windows 10: Weird lag from videos on secondary monitor while gaming.

Discus and support Weird lag from videos on secondary monitor while gaming. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So, over the last twoish weeks or so, I've been dealing with some super weird lag. While gaming, anything on a second/third monitor will start to lag.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/McLabia, Jul 11, 2020.

1. Weird lag from videos on secondary monitor while gaming.

So, over the last twoish weeks or so, I've been dealing with some super weird lag. While gaming, anything on a second/third monitor will start to lag. Now, the game will play at normal FPS, ezpz, no problem. GPU usage shows at 98-100%, which should be fine, but then videos will lag out and stutter a lot. This would generally suggest that I was having issues running the game as a whole, but when I click out of the game, the lag from whatever video I'm watching will stop, and everything will go back to normal until I'm back in game. While tabbed OUT of the game, the FPS does not change, but the GPU usage drops to about 45% or so, which is what I normally saw prior to this starting.

Games are being ran in fullscreen windowed mode. I did try using full screen and windowed mode as well, issue persisted.

Videos are being played in Chrome or Potplayer.

Specs:

1 1440p monitor, games being played at 1440p, but did test at 1080p and saw no difference. Even dropped down to 720p, and it still pegged at 100% in 720p.

R7 2700 all core OC to 4.2ghz. Asus ROG Strix X470 gaming F board.

GTX1070 10% OC 451.67 driver build.

Temps never hit over 40c.

3444mhz 32gb of memory.

Windwos 10 Pro insider build /u/McLabia
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/McLabia, Jul 11, 2020
  2. Faith Win User

Gaming labtop lagging without monitor connected to it

Let me get this right: You want to disconnect a secondary monitor from your laptop and want to use the laptop screen instead, but when you do games starts to lag? What laptop is this?

Faith, Jul 11, 2020
  3. Card games lagging!

Hi Helena,

If it's an online game, the lag issue may have been caused by your Internet connection. It can also occur due to the game server issue. We'll need to gather a bit more information to better identify what's causing this. Kindly answer the following:

• Have you made any changes prior to this issue?
    • What card game are you having issues with?
    • Is the issue the same with other games?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve the issue?

Meanwhile, if the card game you're playing is downloaded from Windows Store, we suggest running the
    Windows apps troubleshooter. The apps troubleshooter can help resolve issues with games and applications downloaded from Windows Store.

Regards.

Lov Dollente, Jul 11, 2020
  4. Weird lag from videos on secondary monitor while gaming.

Setting Up A Older Secondary Monitor

ok decided to reopen in the hopes someone might have a solution for a new issues i noticed. when i do a restart the secondary monitor takes over, and not until windows is about to go to the desktop does the secondary monitor turn off and the primary display turn on. i would think there is some way to make the default monitor stay on during a reboot. any suggestion would be great. thanks

main monitor dvi to hdmi on video card
    secondary monitor dvi to dvi

xXWhackerXx, Jul 11, 2020
Thema:

Weird lag from videos on secondary monitor while gaming.

1. Weird lag from videos on secondary monitor while gaming. - Similar Threads - Weird lag videos

2. Video games lagging on fullscreen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video games lagging on fullscreen: My video games were running really smooth before. Now, the same games are running smoothly on windowed mode but as i enter into fullscreen, it starts to lag heavily Probably due to latest windows update, i don't know. Windows and graphics driver are updated already. Please...
  3. Video games lagging on fullscreen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video games lagging on fullscreen: My video games were running really smooth before. Now, the same games are running smoothly on windowed mode but as i enter into fullscreen, it starts to lag heavily Probably due to latest windows update, i don't know. Windows and graphics driver are updated already. Please...
  4. Youtube videos freeze on the second monitor while gaming.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Youtube videos freeze on the second monitor while gaming.: Hi!I have an issue with YouTube videos not playing in the background. I use double monitor set up and like to listen to podcasts or other YouTube media while gaming. Unfortunately when I boot up a game, video on second monitor freezes audio as well, This is related to the...
  5. Youtube videos freeze on the second monitor while gaming.

Youtube videos freeze on the second monitor while gaming.: Hi!I have an issue with YouTube videos not playing in the background. I use double monitor set up and like to listen to podcasts or other YouTube media while gaming. Unfortunately when I boot up a game, video on second monitor freezes audio as well, This is related to the...
  6. Weird "lag spikes" in game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird "lag spikes" in game: Hello, i have a problem, and sometimes in programs. The problem is when i am playing a game and about 5-10min i am getting wierd lag spikes that last 2-9sec and that continues for every game. With heavy games every 2sec and with low end games that can run on low end specs...
  7. Weird "lag spikes" in game

Weird "lag spikes" in game: Hello, i have a problem, and sometimes in programs. The problem is when i am playing a game and about 5-10min i am getting wierd lag spikes that last 2-9sec and that continues for every game. With heavy games every 2sec and with low end games that can run on low end specs...
  8. Weird "lag spikes" in game

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Secondary monitor turning off while gaming

in Windows 10 Customization
    Secondary monitor turning off while gaming: Hello. I got a second monitor today,a cheap one just so i can manage spotify,OBS and watch Twitch chat while streaming. The problem is the secondary monitor keeps turning off when i'm In-game... I tried everything making the secondary one my main one still turns off when i...
  10. Weird freezes while playing video games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Weird freezes while playing video games: I've recently been suffering from a rather awkward problem. Let's say I'm on an 8-hour binge of, say, League of Legends or Heroes of the Storm. During my first or second game it will unerringly freeze, but from then on, no matter how long I play everything is smooth...