Windows 10: Weird Malfunction

Discus and support Weird Malfunction in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Having never really experienced anything untoward with W10, therefore have always come down on the FOR side. I have an MSI G70 very high spec gaming... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dencal, Feb 7, 2016.

1. dencal Win User

Weird Malfunction

Having never really experienced anything untoward with W10, therefore have always come down on the FOR side.
    I have an MSI G70 very high spec gaming laptop, obviously RTM and this has never given a moments trouble before.
    Today I noticed on the taskbar three Document folders, clicking on one took me to Documents, right clicking gives the option to unpin, in so doing it added another couple of document folders to the taskbar and removed almost all my other saved apps.
    Repeating brought up other apps which would never normally attach to the taskbar.
    My System Restore which I had made on 2nd FEB had been wiped off so could not use that.
    Decided not to use backup in case the problem was inbuilt.
    Finally did a recovery in order to save files and documents, which left an app list on the Desktop, that list consisting of 61 apps.
    Conclusion RS1 is more reliable than TH2. though it could be down to surplus or conflicting junk apps loaded by MSI.
    Desktops running W10 Pro and Insider both running normally.

:)

dencal, Feb 7, 2016

2. Malfunctioning speaker, but a weird cause.

So, a few days ago, my phone froze, so i pulled out the battery. I turned it on, but then, videos wouldn't start( only on the internet, tried on my phone, worked fine). I a couple of time turned my phone on and off, but nothing got fixed. Then, alternating
    between shutting down my phone properly, holding the lock key for 5 seconds so it turns off, and pulling out the battery, and then, my apps wouldn't load or anything, and a bit more an my touchscreen BARELY worked, and sometimes not at all. And also, my speaker
    started making weird "electrical" noises, something like electric interference. I pulled out the SD card to save my files, and then managed to get my touch back and factory reseted my phone. Everything was fine, and then i placed in my SD card back in, and
    my phone, again, started messing up, so i took it out. And, phone is perfectly fine. I got a new SD card, but later on i noticed something. My speaker was really quiet, like someone is speaking while whispering, and trying to speak as loud as he/she could.
    If i raised the sound a lot, it would make a really weird noises. Like on the old phones when the speaker would get worn out from a lot of use, but DRAMATICALLY more. If it got too loud, the phone would vibrate from the speaker, but still, the sound wouldn't
    be that high. If i shook my phone while the speaker is working, the sound would get louder, bit more clearer, and more weird electrical noise. Note: this only happens with the speaker, headphones are fine. Now, question, how could've this happened only by
    that? And if it isn't fixable with software, where can i fix my phone, and does it have a warranty? And can i change my phone out with that warranty?

Phone is a Nokia Lumia 530.

DamjanDerdić, Feb 7, 2016
  3. periwinkle_28, Feb 7, 2016
  4. lmaneke Win User

Weird Malfunction

I'm running the RTM 10240 on my desktop as the November update doesn't work correctly on mine either. I've had no issues with the first release

lmaneke, Feb 8, 2016
  5. caperjack Win User
    dump it a get a iso of win10 and do a clean install ,best way to go in my opinion ..

caperjack, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Weird Malfunction

1. Weird Malfunction - Similar Threads - Weird Malfunction

2. WEIRD ISSUE....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WEIRD ISSUE....: Hey thereso I got a really strange issue.my firefox browser is having weird lines on each corner except the top bar.and anyone tell me how to fix it?coz i tried uninstalling it and re-installing it again but nothing seems to work.I have other browsers installed but they don't...
  3. WEIRD ISSUE....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WEIRD ISSUE....: Hey thereso I got a really strange issue.my firefox browser is having weird lines on each corner except the top bar.and anyone tell me how to fix it?coz i tried uninstalling it and re-installing it again but nothing seems to work.I have other browsers installed but they don't...
  4. Weird error on laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird error on laptop: So there was this error that said memory isn't reading on my laptop I was so confused that I shut down my laptop Microsoft if you are reading this fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weird-error-on-laptop/5bd1e7aa-44f9-4ab4-a784-d154819a3e6f
  5. Weird error on laptop

Weird error on laptop: So there was this error that said memory isn't reading on my laptop I was so confused that I shut down my laptop Microsoft if you are reading this fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weird-error-on-laptop/5bd1e7aa-44f9-4ab4-a784-d154819a3e6f
  6. Weird error on laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Why am I getting weird artifacting visual bugs when I change Windows security settings?

Why am I getting weird artifacting visual bugs when I change Windows security settings?: Build: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/CfHsGLSometimes, I get a weird artifacting visual bugt when I change my Windows 10 security settings. My PC freezes up for a second and then a line of something that looks like a QR code. It's all black and white. It looks staticky. Is...
  8. Windows behaving weirdly and TPM chip malfunctioning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows behaving weirdly and TPM chip malfunctioning: Hi all,This afternoon when I turned on my computer and logged on, I opened my start menu and only Windows UWP apps showed up in the start menu the pre-installed apps on windows. Also, all my app tiles were gone and the start menu was really thin. Then, all of a sudden, all my...
  9. Windows behaving weirdly and TPM chip malfunctioning

Windows behaving weirdly and TPM chip malfunctioning: Hi all,This afternoon when I turned on my computer and logged on, I opened my start menu and only Windows UWP apps showed up in the start menu the pre-installed apps on windows. Also, all my app tiles were gone and the start menu was really thin. Then, all of a sudden, all my...
  10. Windows behaving weirdly and TPM chip malfunctioning

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging