Windows 10: Weird method to delete stubborn folder

Discus and support Weird method to delete stubborn folder in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I had this folder created by a download with MEGAsync that couldn't be deleted. I searched and found some solutions (safe mode, take ownership, etc.),... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Paultx, Mar 19, 2019.

1. Paultx Win User

Weird method to delete stubborn folder

I had this folder created by a download with MEGAsync that couldn't be deleted. I searched and found some solutions (safe mode, take ownership, etc.), and decided to try Unlocker. It didn't work.

I kept searching and found a working tip that I can only call weird:

How to Delete a Stubborn Folder in Windows

In short, it's this:

1 - Using 7-Zip, select the stubborn folder and choose Add to archive in the context menu.

2 - In the dialog box, mark the option Delete files after compression.

3 - Click OK.

4 - Delete the archive. Stubborn folder gone!

:)

Paultx, Mar 19, 2019

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Weird method to delete stubborn folder :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Weird method to delete stubborn folder :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Mar 19, 2019
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Mar 19, 2019
  4. burtram Win User

Help!! Can not delete folder

I've had that happen a few times. usually restarting the computer works for me, but if it's real stubborn, going into safe mode and deleting it there works. Haven't had one that was more stubborn than that yet. really irritating when it does that.

burtram, Mar 19, 2019
Thema:

1. Weird method to delete stubborn folder - Similar Threads - Weird method delete

2. Delete Stubborn Desktop Icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delete Stubborn Desktop Icon: I need help please deleting the following Desktop Icon. If I right click on the Icon the following short menu pops up, but there is no "Delete" Option. If I select "Properties" from the menu I receive the following message. How do I remove this unwanted Icon ?...
  3. Delete Stubborn Desktop Icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Delete Stubborn Desktop Icon: I need help please deleting the following Desktop Icon. If I right click on the Icon the following short menu pops up, but there is no "Delete" Option. If I select "Properties" from the menu I receive the following message. How do I remove this unwanted Icon ?...
  4. Delete Stubborn Desktop Icon

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Every method on the web fails to delete a desktop folder that reappears.

Every method on the web fails to delete a desktop folder that reappears.: I've tried every method offered on the web to delete a desktop folder that reappears and none of them work; changing permissions, shift-delete, delete in safe mode, etc. The folder still comes back. Scanning with MS Safety scanner and Symantec antivirus find no malware. How...
  6. Every method on the web fails to delete a desktop folder that reappears.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Every method on the web fails to delete a desktop folder that reappears.: I've tried every method offered on the web to delete a desktop folder that reappears and none of them work; changing permissions, shift-delete, delete in safe mode, etc. The folder still comes back. Scanning with MS Safety scanner and Symantec antivirus find no malware. How...
  7. Stubborn file folder won't get out

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stubborn file folder won't get out: I have been trying for a while to delete a folder out of my games hard drive and windows never seem to delete it. I have tried using cmd and other methods but none have worked. The folder is visible and can have files moved in and out, but cannot be deleted itself. submitted...
  8. Stubborn clock

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stubborn clock: My clock is stubborn and keep setting my time one hour behind my timezone. No matter how many times I turn "automatic time" on and off, whenever I restart my computer it'll always be set back to one hour behind; What the hell is wrong? submitted by /u/nmrdc [link]...
  9. stubborn programme.

stubborn programme.: 1st off thanks to all that help me out with my pc problems....I down loaded a photo edit on1 raw.. free version ,, after a month it ran out ..so went to apps it wont uninstall. Deleted desk top icon ..then went down bottom left hand corner opened my list off apps etc and...
  10. Cannot delete some weird folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot delete some weird folder: hie i cannot delete a folder which is occupying around 300 gigs its named like "7b31b96adb099d631d03e9c5" if i tried to delete it i have to change the ownership but cannot do it it doesnt make me change the ownership please help 52466