Windows 10: Weird Mic echo in games

Discus and support Weird Mic echo in games in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, my friends have been complaining about mic echoing within games such as COD as well as Xbox parties on the computer, I have tried multiple headsets... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Batesy1212, Nov 20, 2020.

1. Weird Mic echo in games

Hi, my friends have been complaining about mic echoing within games such as COD as well as Xbox parties on the computer, I have tried multiple headsets which all have the problem, it becomes weirder as when I mute my headset there can still be echoing heard the only solution so far is to turn down my microphone in device properties within the sound tab including mic boost, although this does not eliminate the problem it does help a bit but then I'm extremely quiet. I did install a soundboard quite some time ago which would play through my microphone and it did install drivers, I think I deleted them but don't know where to look to see if there's anything messing with my sound. If you have any solutions or suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

submitted by /u/Batesy1212
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Batesy1212, Nov 20, 2020

2. Mic echoing with a headset

Tried front panel, it didn't work. Note that my drivers are so bad I have to reinstall them each time I plug the usb somewhere else.

Listen to mic isn't enabled. There was an "AGC" checkbox, which made my mic sound louder, like a boost - unticking it didn't do anything to the echo though (there was less echo I guess, but that's normal since the mic was quieter).

The Noise Suppression thing that you're showing me I think is something specific to your drivers. All I have is two silly "echo" and "magic voice" effects ... disabling all sound effects doesn't do anything, and I don't have any "Immediate Mode" checkbox. Sorry about the french UI - imgur.com
    Thanks for the help *Smile Weird Mic echo in games :)

Modinstaller, Nov 20, 2020
  3. Mic echoing with a headset

do you have a splitter, or cable adapter ,etc? something between the headset & the PC?
    As you described this as a continuing situation, sadly yuou might be stuck until you replace the headset with a proper one.

maybe something like this depending on your current location.

i got these for cheap a year or so back. My daughter uses them, and the work fine...they arent fancy, but they arent bad either. Id suggest doing your best to get a reliable set, and with them a reliable audio software. short of this, a sound card might help, possibly a USB type, i know of some external options that arent too expensive.

i have one of these, and they use a different sound chip other than what is native to windows, maybe that might help, but id just go with a new headset personally.

also, id like to suggest you NOT install audio drivers for the device, and let windows do its thing. maybe the poor driver is causing the problem.

jboydgolfer, Nov 20, 2020
  4. KevinUZ Win User

Weird Mic echo in games

Mic echo

My parents bought me a newer mw 7000 mic and when I connected everything and put the cable in to my computer my voice started echoing. Is this the cheap mic or is it something I need to fix?

KevinUZ, Nov 20, 2020
Thema:

Weird Mic echo in games

1. Weird Mic echo in games - Similar Threads - Weird Mic echo

2. How to fix your Mic echo on Xbox

in Windows 10 News
    How to fix your Mic echo on Xbox: [ATTACH]Some users have experienced an echo effect while communicating with their friends in Xbox Live Party. Xbox Live Party lets you invite people to communicate with one another while watching movies and playing games. You can invite up to 7 people to Xbox Live Party. If...
  3. Mic echoing sound, yet not registered with PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mic echoing sound, yet not registered with PC: I have had a problem with my computer for the past week now, where sound is being reflected though my output audio into my input. It is not an issue with my headset; I muted my headset, and even bought a new one, yet the problem persisted. I have tried uninstalling and...
  4. My mic is echoing for other people

My mic is echoing for other people: So I use these headsets for gaming on the Xbox and everything works fine there but when I'm using it on my PC, everything that other people say echoes for them, I hear everything fine but even when i'm muted it echoes....
  5. My headphones mic keeps echoing. (laptop)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My headphones mic keeps echoing. (laptop): I tried to join google meet in the new browser microsoft edge, whenever I talk it comes with an echo and has like an eerie sound. How do I fix it? It wasn’t like this before. I even tried my brother’s headphones mic that works fine on his pc but it still on echo when I...
  6. Echoing sound with headphone mic

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Echoing sound with headphone mic: Hi. Does anyone know how to stop the sound from being tinny and echoing when recording using the camera app and a headphone mic set? I don't really understand what the sound settings do, so I might have set them wrong....
  7. Echo from Speaker/Mic

Echo from Speaker/Mic: I'm on Windows 10 on a 1 year old HP laptop. When I have the integrated Speaker/Headphone Realtek R Audio enabled I hear noise all the time and an echo when I speak/use the keyboard etc. I've tried muting my mic and muting speakers etc. Troubleshooter, Cortina, etc but if I...
  8. headset mic echoing

in Windows 10 Customization
    headset mic echoing: My mic is is echoing and it is being used by svchost I tried removing listen to device and it worked but then my mic stopped working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headset-mic-echoing/b2dac021-32f8-43dd-8b34-2038c37c07b6
  9. Headset Echoing and Playing Internal Sound Through Mic

Headset Echoing and Playing Internal Sound Through Mic: I have an Astro A40 headset that has worked fine for me for over a year now. But, all of a sudden the last month it has started echoing and often playing my internal sounds game Im playing or youtube video Im watching through my mic. I have done everything I can like...
  10. svchost is constantly using Mic and causing echoes

in Windows 10 Customization
    svchost is constantly using Mic and causing echoes: This has been going on for a couple of days. Svchost.exe is using mic constantly even while other applications are also using the Mic such as Discord. And the output is coming through the laptops inbuilt speakers I cannot change it. I'm on 19041.84...