Windows 10: Weird Microsoft Store icon on taskbar

Discus and support Weird Microsoft Store icon on taskbar in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I'm getting a weird icon for the microsoft store on the taskbar of windows 10. It happened also with spotify, but I uninstalled it and installed back,... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Christian Eduardo Gretter, Sep 14, 2021.

1. Weird Microsoft Store icon on taskbar

I'm getting a weird icon for the microsoft store on the taskbar of windows 10. It happened also with spotify, but I uninstalled it and installed back, and it came back to normal, but I can't do the same with microsoft store. Unpinning it from taskbar does not fix the problem. I already wiped the icon cache and the problem remains. Restarting the computer doesn't fix the problem either.

:)

Christian Eduardo Gretter, Sep 14, 2021
  2. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Sep 14, 2021
  3. Unable to download app from Microsoft Store

It seems that this is a Chrome issue. Have you tried resetting Chrome?

On the other hand, we suggest that you open Microsoft Store app instead of opening Store through Chrome. The following are steps on how to open Microsoft Store on Windows 10:

• To open Microsoft Store on Windows 10, select the Microsoft Store icon on the taskbar.
    • If you don't see the Microsoft Store icon on the taskbar, it might have been unpinned. To pin it, select the Start button, type
      Microsoft Store, press and hold (or right-click) Microsoft Store, then choose More > Pin
      to taskbar
    • If Microsoft Store won't launch, get more info at Microsoft Store does
      not launch

Regards.

JohnMel And, Sep 14, 2021
  4. ndeelam Win User

Weird Microsoft Store icon on taskbar

Microsoft Store icon disappear on the taskbar

actually, the "microsoft store" icon is in the taskbar, but the icon with no appearance, it just BLACK in color.

when i right click the "microsoft store", it is only "pin to start menu" but no "pin to taskbar".

ndeelam, Sep 14, 2021
Thema:

Weird Microsoft Store icon on taskbar

1. Weird Microsoft Store icon on taskbar - Similar Threads - Weird Microsoft Store

2. Taskbar icons are blinking and moving weirdly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar icons are blinking and moving weirdly: System InfoAMD Ryzen 5 5600X 6-Core Processor 4.20 GHz RAM 32.0GB31.9GB Windows 11 Pro 22H2 OS 22624.1690 Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22641.1000.0 captured video of symptoms...
  3. Taskbar icons are blinking and moving weirdly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar icons are blinking and moving weirdly: System InfoAMD Ryzen 5 5600X 6-Core Processor 4.20 GHz RAM 32.0GB31.9GB Windows 11 Pro 22H2 OS 22624.1690 Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22641.1000.0 captured video of symptoms...
  4. Microsoft Store apps not showing icons in taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store apps not showing icons in taskbar: Recently some of the apps in my taskbar stop showing there icons like this :- I have tried *SFC*DISM*reinstalling display driver*restarting windows explorer*many more...
  5. Microsoft Store apps not showing icons in taskbar

Microsoft Store apps not showing icons in taskbar: Recently some of the apps in my taskbar stop showing there icons like this :- I have tried *SFC*DISM*reinstalling display driver*restarting windows explorer*many more...
  6. Icons of Microsoft Store apps on the taskbar appear as a placeholders.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icons of Microsoft Store apps on the taskbar appear as a placeholders.: [ATTACH] The title is pretty self explanatory. The two middle apps are WhatsApp Desktop and Spotify, both of them where downloaded from the Microsoft Store. I've already deleted the icon cache and the issue persists....
  7. weird icons for every microsoft store apps

weird icons for every microsoft store apps: Hi everyone, it's been a while since a notices that every app from the store that I would like to create a shortcut for on my desktop becomes like these once they show up. [ATTACH] It's pretty evident that they show up with a weird "solid wallpaper"around them unlike ALL...
  8. Microsoft Store icon disappear on the taskbar

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store icon disappear on the taskbar: "Microsoft Store" icon disappear on the taskbar. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-icon-disappear-on-the-taskbar/1617212f-194c-4af8-b95e-2c7da043f87a"
  9. Icons on the taskbar got weird.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icons on the taskbar got weird.: Since 2-3 days ago, the icons on the taskbar began to act weird. First off, the volume icon was missing. So, I researched it and found a solution. It said that open the taskbar setting window and check select which icons appear on the taskbar. There were toggle buttons and...
  10. Weird taskbar icon thumbnails for Firefox

in Browsers and Email
    Weird taskbar icon thumbnails for Firefox: Not sure if this is a browser (latest Firefox) or Windows problem, so I'll describe the issue here. All my program shortcuts are placed on the taskbar. The problem I'm about to describe and show, only occurs with the Firefox taskbar icon and its preview thumbnails. And...