Windows 10: Weird Microsoft Windows Feedback icon in start menu

Discus and support Weird Microsoft Windows Feedback icon in start menu in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi all. I have gotten this weird problem, after either update or when i was removing apps, including the buildt-in apps using Ccleaner. But the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Whatsmyname, Aug 24, 2016.

1. Weird Microsoft Windows Feedback icon in start menu

Hi all.

I have gotten this weird problem, after either update or when i was removing apps, including the buildt-in apps using Ccleaner.

But the problem is that there is an icon in my start menu with the name: @{Microsoft.WindowsFeedback_10.0.10240.16393_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewyms-resource--Microsoft.WindowsFeedback-FeedbackApp.Resources-AppName-Text}
    in the "Others" section..

As far as i can see it seems to be from the feedback hub app, but i have deleted the app.
    I have tried to using the "Remove-AppxPackage" in powershell, but get error message.

Do any one know how to solve the problem, make it go away?

:)

Whatsmyname, Aug 24, 2016
  2. Phant0m`` Win User

Windows 10 Start Menu, DEAD, INVALID shortcut under ' Other ' category.

Last-night I've came across another who just observed this issue after the recent two Windows Updates. They posted about the near time as I have, but on tenforums.com;

Weird Microsoft Windows Feedback icon in start menu

Despite my detailed posts, including exactly where the problem lies. I guess this issue will fall in between the cracks like another similar one on here that was posted in August.

Phantom app in start menu [August 12, 2016]

I guess you won't find the development department hanging around on these forums. Based on actual evidence, problems with Microsoft products, that most workers on here don't have direct lines to the development departments.

Microsoft is making changes, and taking away some configurability and controls. Using ESE databases like it is with Start Menu, Edge favourites and whatever. I can foresee a lot of issues, every-thing from redundant entries to missing stuff caused by database
    corruptions by hardware and software (malicious or otherwise.)

Everything about this Feedback app and phantom entry in the Start Menu, this doesn't install confidence with Windows 10 and its support.

... funny I'm always the one defending Microsoft and, Windows 10.

Phant0m``, Aug 24, 2016
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Pin to taskbar

Windows is really weird when trying to do this, you will not get that option on the Desktop icon - the solution - right click the Desktop icon, choose 'Pin to Start' then right click the new tile on your Start Menu and choose 'Pin to Taskbar'

Then you can right click and delete the new tile on your Start Menu . . .

DaveM121, Aug 24, 2016
  4. Weird Microsoft Windows Feedback icon in start menu

I've got the exact issue when I've tried to remove the Feedback and Contact Application from Windows 10. This is so annoying and I hope someone has an idea.

MadeThisToResp, Sep 7, 2016
  5. Yes exactly. It seems like a mistake from Microsoft, when i'm not the only one having that problem. I hope someone has a solution.

Whatsmyname, Oct 26, 2016
  6. Berton Win User
    The 10240 in the text in the image shows that was the first RTM/Release to Market/Manufacturing from back in late July 2015. It was Upgraded to Version 1511 [November 2015] with some newer Builds and updates then Upgraded again a year later to Version 1607 [July 2016] and also called Anniversary Update. The latest for most is now at Version 1607 Build 14393.321, maybe Build 14393.351 for others. Could be the problem will go away after fully updating.

Berton, Oct 26, 2016
  7. shimshom Win User
    Follow the tutorial below and it should clear it out. You can try to run the short script in my post there or boot in with a live Win/Linux and change it that way. Might need to restart a few times to get it to take 100% but it worked well for me in the past to clear the dead entries

Start Layout - Reset in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

shimshom, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Weird Microsoft Windows Feedback icon in start menu

1. Weird Microsoft Windows Feedback icon in start menu - Similar Threads - Weird Microsoft Feedback

2. Start Menu shortcut of Microsoft are looking weird

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start Menu shortcut of Microsoft are looking weird: Hi,All my Microsoft/Windows shortcuts in the startmenu look weird. how can i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-shortcut-of-microsoft-are-looking-weird/67216c47-6eaf-4d05-a3a5-ca086e199c6d
  3. Start Menu shortcut of Microsoft are looking weird

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu shortcut of Microsoft are looking weird: Hi,All my Microsoft/Windows shortcuts in the startmenu look weird. how can i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-shortcut-of-microsoft-are-looking-weird/67216c47-6eaf-4d05-a3a5-ca086e199c6d
  4. Start Menu shortcut of Microsoft are looking weird

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Microsoft start menu weird glitch

Microsoft start menu weird glitch: Whenever I open anything Microsoft example start menu or Xbox app or the Microsoft store it just does this https://youtu.be/MNtuRoiILN0 pls help I just want to use the xbox app to talk to my friends but I cant pls pls help...
  6. icons started looking weird

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    icons started looking weird: most of my icons all of a sudden changed to this for example my snipping tool icon [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-started-looking-weird/51b3e043-695c-4050-bf4b-325731dcd76e
  7. No icons or Start menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No icons or Start menu: Split from this thread. Powered on PC today and no icons or start up menu appear, I can't do anything and it is running incredibly slow, it is Windows 10. I apologize in advance for any inconvenience if this is not the proper way to ask this question. Thanks for any help....
  8. Start menu weird folder icons

Start menu weird folder icons: Hello, Since some Windows 10 versions, I often have "weird" start menu folder icons, usually when resuming my laptop from sleep mode. The Windows 10 is always a clean install, and I have seen the issue with both Microsoft and HP drivers. Here's an example on how the...
  9. Weird Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird Start Menu: Hi Guys This is my first post so please be gentle with me. I've been a member for a while now and before making my first post i've used the search facility until i ran out of keywords to use and couldn't find anything similar to my problem. I have virtually no tiles...
  10. Start Menu Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Icons: Hello, Is there a way to pin a web page shortcut tile to "Start Menu" from Google Chrome maintaining original web page icon. Thank You 102601