Windows 10: Weird monitor issue in Dolphin

Discus and support Weird monitor issue in Dolphin in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, I'm using the latest Beta build of Dolphin (x64) and I get this weird monitor issue. I am using a duplicate monitor set up. When you run a game in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by SSShadii, May 14, 2020.

1. SSShadii Win User

Weird monitor issue in Dolphin

Hi, I'm using the latest Beta build of Dolphin (x64) and I get this weird monitor issue. I am using a duplicate monitor set up. When you run a game in full screen mode, it will run correctly on one monitor, but won't refresh on the other. If you mouse over the game from the taskbar, you can see it refreshing normally, and you can always hear it, so I know its working in the background. But, if you bring it to the front, it freezes in whatever frame it was at. Sometimes, if I get it to display full screen, but still have it in the background (i.e. the Windows taskbar is technically at the front, and the fullscreen Dolphin emulation is in the background but still maximized) you can play it normally and everything refreshes. It only freezes when it is at the front.

I've seen the same thing happen with Retroarch. If I set it to fullscreen mode, and leave windowed full screen on, it does the same thing. If I set it to full screen mode and turn off windowed full screen, it works on both monitors. I'm not sure how I would set similar options in Dolphin though.

Having it behave this way is fine actually, but I don't know how to change the "dominant" monitor (i.e. the monitor that it will work on in full screen). If I could change that, I'd be fine as I only really play games on one of these monitors. I had everything set up before a reformat, and the monitors roles were switched, and everything was fine. When I reformated, the monitors got switched somehow.

Any ideas what is going on here and how to change this behavior?

Windows 10 (x64 - 1909)

:)

SSShadii, May 14, 2020
  2. Junaid_A Win User

Dolphin GameCube emulator FPS drops to 10FPS

Hi Nilesh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To have clarity on this issue and guide you accordingly, kindly help us with the following information.

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Which build of Windows 10 is installed on the machine?

(Search winver from the Start menu to know the same)
    • What is the make and model of the graphics card installed on the machine?

When a game running in Dolphin demands more than what a system can allow, there will be drop in FPS.

Usually, any low FPS issue in Dolphin can be fixed by adjusting the graphics settings within the emulator. Click on the
    Graphics tab in the main emulator menu, toggle enhancements, and adjust
    aspect ratios and resolutions. You may also want to
    lower the display resolution, turn off V-Sync and
    Anti-Aliasing features to see if it helps. Once the above changes are made, restart the game to see if the issue persists.

Meanwhile, you may also post your query in the
    Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator forums
    and see if you find some suggestions.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Junaid_A, May 14, 2020
  3. Dell XPS 15.6 Monitor issues

Hi,

Monitors may not work as expected if the driver is not up-to-date. With this said, we suggest that you check if you have the latest drivers installed. In addition, we would like to ask some questions that may help us to isolate the issue.

• Does the external monitor work with your laptop before?
    • Have you tried to connect the external monitor to your desktop?
    • When did the issue start?
    • Were there any changes made to your computer prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    We're looking forward to your response.

Katrina Men, May 14, 2020
  4. Ian Boase Win User

Weird issue with two monitors - further assistance

Weird issue with two monitors

In my previous question (the link shown above), I was not getting any responses to any of my latest messages so I'm trying again.

After a Microsoft Update, NVIDIA - Display - 12/29/2016 12:00:00 AM - 21.21.13.7653 installed 8/02/2017, I lost the images on both monitors. All the details are
    there on the above link

After some experimenting, the issue now is as follows:

I have discovered a 'work-around' & have both monitors working in a limited way.

• When I start my PC, both monitors are active but I don't get an image on my primary screen.
    • Once I enter my password ( that is a bit of trial & error to do so because I can't see my key strokes on the primary ), the secondary screen has its normal image and I am able to move the mouse arrow around it but that arrow disappears when I move it across
      to the primary. It obviously travels across the primary screen because I must move the mouse back the width of that screen before is re-appears on the secondary.
    • Once the start-up process has completed, I then am able to change the monitor refresh rate to any of the other rates via the secondary screen and I then finally get the primary screen image.
    NB I have tried using each of the three rate options (50, 59 & 60) but it doesn't make any difference.

• Both monitors will then work normally...until the screen saver cuts in or I restart my PC. When either of those situations occur, I must go through the same steps again to see both screens.

Please, how can I solve this issue?

Ian Boase, May 14, 2020
Thema:

1. Weird monitor issue in Dolphin - Similar Threads - Weird monitor issue

2. Weird lines on the monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird lines on the monitor: Hi, all of a sudden my monitor HP Omen 25" 144hz using a display port connected to an assembled PC with NVIDIA 1660 running windows 10 started presenting weird subtle horizontal gray lines and I noticed almost like a drop in the video quality, I checked the settings for the...
  3. Weird lines on the monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird lines on the monitor: Hi, all of a sudden my monitor HP Omen 25" 144hz using a display port connected to an assembled PC with NVIDIA 1660 running windows 10 started presenting weird subtle horizontal gray lines and I noticed almost like a drop in the video quality, I checked the settings for the...
  4. My monitor weirdness

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My monitor weirdness: Hi, umm my computer is only detecting 1 monitor but its displaying the same thing on the one it detects and doesn't detect. Pls help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-monitor-weirdness/42332077-c7f3-4147-8b43-6aee5479c249
  5. My monitor weirdness

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My monitor weirdness: Hi, umm my computer is only detecting 1 monitor but its displaying the same thing on the one it detects and doesn't detect. Pls help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-monitor-weirdness/42332077-c7f3-4147-8b43-6aee5479c249
  6. My monitor weirdness

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Weird keyboard and monitor issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Weird keyboard and monitor issues: I have checked drivers, power settings, BIOS settings, and windows updates. I have a HP EliteBook 840 G7 Notebook PC, additional information below. I have a Razer Blackwidow V3 keyboard. When I lock my laptop, my keyboard does not type correctly. If I use my laptop to...
  8. Controller compatible with Dolphin?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Controller compatible with Dolphin?: Hello, I wanted to buy a wireless (Bluetooth) controller to gamble on the PC. Is this controller compatible with the Dolphin emulator, or can I only use GC controllers and Wiimotes?...
  9. Weird issue with 2nd monitor when fullscreen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird issue with 2nd monitor when fullscreen: When using my two monitors (main one in front of me, 2nd on the right) in the correct 1 | 2 orientation, whenever I am fullscreen I can't click on the bottom of the screen (like where the volume controls are). However when I swap the orientation to 2 | 1, the issues is fixed...
  10. Weird issue with Acer CB280HK 4k Monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Weird issue with Acer CB280HK 4k Monitor: So, I was lucky enough to get a new monitor and new pc the other day; a dell xps 8700, and for purposes of this discussion, the video card set up is a intel hd graphics 4600 board, and a Nvidia GTX745, with 4 gigs of ram. The monitor is a 4k capable monitor, and to get the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dolphin fullscreen second monitor frame rate