Windows 10: Weird network problems.

Discus and support Weird network problems. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Recently, my PC that uses WiFI adapter, started behaving really weird. My usual network speed is 10Mbps,but my PC is not going above 7 anymore. Also,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by darker246, Dec 31, 2018.

1. darker246 Win User

Weird network problems.

Recently, my PC that uses WiFI adapter, started behaving really weird. My usual network speed is 10Mbps,but my PC is not going above 7 anymore. Also, it is extremely unstable. It works in one moment, than drops all the way down to Kbps i guess, for example, if i am playing online game, my ping was always about 20 ms, but sometimes i get huge ping spikes up to 1000 ms, or like huge ping "waves" that goes 200 to 1000 ms over a few minutes. Also, the worst thing is, my other devices like my tablet and smartphone, are practically useless close to PC, their network is ultra slow. But if i go away from my PC, like 5 meters, it is fine... please help. Also, i am a advanced PC user so do not bother with some dumb suggestion. Thanks in advance.

:)

darker246, Dec 31, 2018
  2. Mystere Win User

What is this network device?

This is a weird problem I've been seeing in windows for years now (not just windows 10). I've been unable to figure out what it is, but we're not alone in this, I did some research a while back and a lot of other people were seeing it as well.

Some suggest it's a bug in the network stack. Some suggest it's neighbors who are connecting somehow, but not able to use the network. Regardless, it's not an uncommon problem and doesn't seem to be anything worry about. Here's some examples:

Solved Strange phones in network - Windows 10 Forums
    Strange phones listed on Network heading

Mystere, Jan 10, 2020
  3. Network Adapter PROBLEM

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

First Verify if the WLAN service is started and set to automatic, if the WLAN service is stopped, I would suggest you to start the service and put it to automatic.

Step 1: Please follow the steps to
    start the WLAN service.

• Click on Start, type in services.msc
      and press Enter.

• Select WLAN Autoconfig from the list, Right click
      properties.

• Change the startup type to Automatic.

• Click on Start button.

• Click on Apply, Ok.
    Restart the computer and verify if it works.

Also check if all the dependencies are also running. Try the steps to check Dependencies.

• Right-click on WLAN Autoconfig and select Properties.

• Click on Dependencies, you will find all the dependency services under box labeled this service depends on the following system components.
    Step 2: Run an inbuilt Network troubleshooter.

• Press Windows + X key and select
      Control Panel.

• Type troubleshooting and select troubleshooting.

• Click on view all on the left pane and select
      Network adapter.

• Follow the on-screen steps and check.
    I would also suggest you to check with the below link to check how to resolve wireless problems.

Refer:
    Wired and wireless network problems

Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jan 10, 2020
  4. Senarium Win User

Weird network problems.

Weird BSOD problem

Hi Everyone,

I have a weird BSOD problem which I cannot solve for a while(it persists still after upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7)

The main strange thing about this is that I get BSOD only after cold boot.
    So it acts like this:

1. start PC.
    2. Get to Windows Logo Screen
    3. BSOD
    4. Restart
    5. Get to menu where I can try to repair or Start NormallyIf I Choose Repair, it will fail to repair and will try to restoreIf I Choose Start Normally, it will start OK, no BSOD, can work normally, games, browse internet, everything is normal.6. Shutdown PC
    7. Next time when I start is all over again i.e. Go to Step 1

I have this problem for a while, so what I tried:
    1. Another Windows 7
    2. Another HDD
    3. Only HDD connected
    4. Changed RAM
    5. Tried with built in GPU
    6. Upgraded to Windows 10

Result is the same as above every time.

Please suggest what could be the cause.
    Logs collected with DM_Log_Collector, attached.

Thank you

PS. This thread is a continuation of this one: Frequent multiple errors BSOD. Solved - Windows 7 Help Forums the only thing changed is Windows 10 now. instead of Windows 7. If that helps somehow.

Senarium, Jan 10, 2020
Thema:

Weird network problems.

1. Weird network problems. - Similar Threads - Weird network problems

2. Weird Network Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird Network Issue: Hey guys,i just finished building my new pc and encountered a weird problem:When my Bandwith is fully used e.g. downloading a game on steam, nothing else will load. I can't even google stuff or open any other websites. Google Chrome says the DNS-Adress and Server IP couldn't...
  3. Weird Network Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird Network Issue: Hey guys,i just finished building my new pc and encountered a weird problem:When my Bandwith is fully used e.g. downloading a game on steam, nothing else will load. I can't even google stuff or open any other websites. Google Chrome says the DNS-Adress and Server IP couldn't...
  4. Weird problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird problem: 2 days ago, I bought a new laptop that comes with windows 11 OS. Then, I uninstalled the McAfee antivirus because I don't want it. Then, my bluetooth can't work anymore right after that uninstallation of McAfee anti virus. Then, I proceeded to use system restore to revert the...
  5. Weird problem

Weird problem: 2 days ago, I bought a new laptop that comes with windows 11 OS. Then, I uninstalled the McAfee antivirus because I don't want it. Then, my bluetooth can't work anymore right after that uninstallation of McAfee anti virus. Then, I proceeded to use system restore to revert the...
  6. Weird problem . . .

Weird problem . . .: My name is, Dana. This is my problem I have a dual boot computer running Windows 10 and Windows 11 excuse my punctuation I'm speaking into a microphone and I don't really want to go back and correct it so do your best to read it I have a pin setup that I use for both Windows...
  7. Weird problem . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    Weird problem . . .: My name is, Dana. This is my problem I have a dual boot computer running Windows 10 and Windows 11 excuse my punctuation I'm speaking into a microphone and I don't really want to go back and correct it so do your best to read it I have a pin setup that I use for both Windows...
  8. There is a weird problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    There is a weird problem: There is a weird problem in my computer. When I plugged my charger at my computer and I tried to open games like Valorant etc., I could not open game game gave errors about internet connection or there is a another example, I opened another game like offline game and I want...
  9. weird problem?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    weird problem?: Hello. You can call me Ayman. My english isnt good, so i'm sorry for that. My pc is running Windows 10 Pro since 2 months, and its running smoothly till this day. without an obvious reason, the PC just became trash, after a while of the start up or even in a game the PC...
  10. Weird networking

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Weird networking: Since W10, I have been truly perplexed. 2 laptops and a desktop, all running Windows 10 Home, all acting differently. For example, the laptops show the wireless network as "JShaw Internet access" the desktop shows "Network 2 Internet access." I don't recall ever setting up a...