Windows 10: Weird network sharing behaviour.

Discus and support Weird network sharing behaviour. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So I have many PCs and laptops in my office and they all are connected over the network. 10 laptops on WiFi and 4 PCs on wired connection. Now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by lolcocks, Feb 20, 2016.

1. lolcocks Win User

Weird network sharing behaviour.

So I have many PCs and laptops in my office and they all are connected over the network.

10 laptops on WiFi and 4 PCs on wired connection.

Now the problem is that some of these PCs and laptops don't show up on the network, some do, some won't see them selves and a few other, where as others can see those.
    One PC I reinstalled Windows 10 Build 10586 and then it stopped see and showing itself in the network.
    It's completely weird.

For example, PC1 can see most of the PCs in the network but it cannot see PC4 and 2 or 3 laptops.

Where as PC4 can see only PC2 and 3 other laptops.

All the PCs here were clean installed to Windows 10 Pro Build 10586 using one ISO image from the same one pen drive.

If one PC has this problem, then all the others should have it as well because all PCs have one set of same hardware configuration and the same applies for all the laptops too, they all are of the same model number, all clean installed to Windows 10, same as the PCs.
    All devices have all network visibility settings enabled, they all have a single shared folder on the 'D' drive.
    Even password protected sharing is disabled.

Does anyone have any solid solution for this?
    I have looked everywhere on the internet but none of the solutions have worked for me so far.

Please help me, my employees are damn annoyed because of this. *Sad

:)

lolcocks, Feb 20, 2016
  2. fadimck Win User

N900 weird behaviour

Those are known issue and Nokia promised to solve them on the next firmware update

fadimck, Feb 20, 2016
  3. buxi07 Win User
    N900 weird behaviour

yes! the problems u mentioned is really very hard to solve the one an only method is to take to Nokia Care line as they will solve ur problem with in warrenty.....

buxi07, Feb 20, 2016
  4. Weird network sharing behaviour.

I don't have a solution but I feel for you and I only have my main PC and one laptop at home. They see each other but sharing files is a real pain. All I can say it doesn't work and then suddenly on the nth try it does work. I find it faster to just give up and use a USB flash drive. *Sad

alkaufmann, Feb 20, 2016
Thema:

Weird network sharing behaviour.

1. Weird network sharing behaviour. - Similar Threads - Weird network sharing

2. Weird ethernet behaviour

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Weird ethernet behaviour: My ethernet throughput on task manager is being really weird, and my download speed is also acting strange. I don't know why it's like this, could I please have help? [ATTACH]...
  3. Weird CMD Behaviour.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird CMD Behaviour.: Hi, When I launch cmd.exe from a C# Program, I get error that 'ssh is not an internal or external program' but when I launch cmd via Win + R -> cmd.exe, there is no problem. I checked the PATH variable and its identical in both. What could cause this weird behaviour? P.S: I...
  4. Weird behaviour with updates

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird behaviour with updates: This is what happened: 1. Laptop should be offline: Ethernet plugged out, WiFi switched off in system tray. I boot to Windows to play a game. 2. I'm done with the game. System tray shows there are pending updates (something about .net framework, if I recall) that need the...
  5. Weird PC behaviour freezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Weird PC behaviour freezing: So i have had this problem around 5-6 times in the last three years ,and it really confused me ,so here's how it goes :i would be using my PC for quite sometime ,everything is normal then it freezes and wont respond i would have to force shut it down and when i try to boot it...
  6. Weird PrintScreen behaviour on a desktop

Weird PrintScreen behaviour on a desktop: Hello there. So, my dektop as been behaving quite weirdly, it's an old system and only a few months from getting binned but until then... So, the issue is: I own a gskill ripjaw km780 mx that as been working pretty well so far. Today something weird started happening: I...
  7. weird keyboard behaviour

weird keyboard behaviour: I was playing GTA V, enjoying time with my friend. Then all of a sudden, pressing W does not walk my character forward. it kept showing this menu about pen input or something. On action center it shows me a notification about something along the lines of "Microsoft Keyboard...
  8. Weird behaviour

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Weird behaviour: Hi, I have backupped a good working system, installed with everything I'm used to work with (a win pro 64 install from usb stick wich works),..I did this because I knew updating windows to its latest version would give me problems...and yes today I have tried again for the...
  9. Weird Display Behaviour

in Windows 10 Customization
    Weird Display Behaviour: I have just realised that when I change the wallpaper on my laptop it also changes on my desktop PC ... and vice versa This never used to happen - anyone any ideas what's changed? I don't know if it's significant but both computers updated to W10 Anniversary Edition...
  10. Weird connectivity behaviour

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Weird connectivity behaviour: Today while I was playing a game on my PC I heard the Windows alert sound, but when I checked to look there was no alert to be seen. Shortly afterwards my PC was disconnected from the Internet. Chrome said that my device is offline, this usually never happens. My phone could...