Windows 10: Weird networking

Discus and support Weird networking in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Since W10, I have been truly perplexed. 2 laptops and a desktop, all running Windows 10 Home, all acting differently. For example, the laptops show the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jshaw42, Jan 3, 2016.

1. jshaw42 Win User

Weird networking

Since W10, I have been truly perplexed. 2 laptops and a desktop, all running Windows 10 Home, all acting differently. For example, the laptops show the wireless network as "JShaw Internet access" the desktop shows "Network 2 Internet access." I don't recall ever setting up a "Network 2" connection.

On the laptops, Windows Explorer will list and allow access to my NAS hard drives and files. The desktop, not happening. Tabs in WE on the laptops show "File," "Computer" and "View." On the desktop I get "File," "Network" and "View."

The "File" and "View" functions are the same on all.

If I click "Properties" in the "Computer" tab on the laptop, it shows Control Panel>All Control Panel Items>System. I can map a network drive and add a network location.

If I click "Properties" in the "Network" tab on the desktop, I get Control Panel>Network and Internet>Network and Sharing Center. I can not map a network drive or add a network location.

What is going on and how can I get the desktop to see the same network as the laptops?

:)

jshaw42, Jan 3, 2016
  2. Rprentice Win User

Network weirdness

I scanned both machines, one found an instruction manual that detected positive and it was successfully removed. The other computer found an item with a cryptic name and it was also successfully removed. A restart was required for that one.

However, nothing has changed in regard to the network situation. Other than that, the computer is running fine and I'm still able to use the network even though the child (second booted) computer does not display the computers in the network window. Again,
    this issue surfaced after an update after the major 1511 November update.

Rprentice, Jan 3, 2016
  3. Ratandeep Win User
    Network weirdness

Hello,

Thank you for your response.

I appreciate your time.

I would suggest you to run system file checker(SFC) and see if it helps.

Refer:

Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

System file checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Note: It may ask for Windows installation DVD to fix and to enable SFC to make more than minor repairs. Some files saved on your computer might get deleted when fixing corrupted files.

I hope it helps.

Thank you

Ratandeep, Jan 3, 2016
  4. jshaw42 Win User

Weird networking

Well, old dopey me. I spent a couple of hours looking around and found that highlighting "This PC" in the left column of File Explorer took me to the page I needed. I have since been able to add network locations on the NAS. It's great to learn new things. So, I guess, Windows 10 is great. Becaouse I am learning something new about every ten minutes.

jshaw42, Jan 3, 2016
Thema:

Weird networking

1. Weird networking - Similar Threads - Weird networking

2. Weird Network Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird Network Issue: Hey guys,i just finished building my new pc and encountered a weird problem:When my Bandwith is fully used e.g. downloading a game on steam, nothing else will load. I can't even google stuff or open any other websites. Google Chrome says the DNS-Adress and Server IP couldn't...
  3. Weird Network Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird Network Issue: Hey guys,i just finished building my new pc and encountered a weird problem:When my Bandwith is fully used e.g. downloading a game on steam, nothing else will load. I can't even google stuff or open any other websites. Google Chrome says the DNS-Adress and Server IP couldn't...
  4. Weird untitled running Windows process that uses network and CPU - What is the wlidsvc service?

Weird untitled running Windows process that uses network and CPU - What is the wlidsvc service?: Hi, I am Abdulqadir, and on my old and new laptop, there is a very weird thing happening.I opened the task manager and listed all the way down to Windows processes, so below Background processes below Apps, and there was a weird untitled process with the icon of svchost.exe...
  5. Weird untitled running Windows process that uses network and CPU - What is the wlidsvc service?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Weird untitled running Windows process that uses network and CPU - What is the wlidsvc service?: Hi, I am Abdulqadir, and on my old and new laptop, there is a very weird thing happening.I opened the task manager and listed all the way down to Windows processes, so below Background processes below Apps, and there was a weird untitled process with the icon of svchost.exe...
  6. Weird untitled running Windows process that uses network and CPU - What is the wlidsvc service?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Network printer weirdness in Windows 10 21H1...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network printer weirdness in Windows 10 21H1...: I never had this problem before and we have a bunch of computers here at home including the one that still won't update to beyond W10 1909, but that's not the issue.This started yesterday. Here are some details...- Printers are on the Windows 10 V.1909 machine- Printers are...
  8. Network printer weirdness in Windows 10 21H1...

Network printer weirdness in Windows 10 21H1...: I never had this problem before and we have a bunch of computers here at home including the one that still won't update to beyond W10 1909, but that's not the issue.This started yesterday. Here are some details...- Printers are on the Windows 10 V.1909 machine- Printers are...
  9. Network printer weirdness in Windows 10 21H1...

10. Some Weird "Possible Solution: Networking Reset" Popups On Network Troubleshooter.

Some Weird "Possible Solution: Networking Reset" Popups On Network Troubleshooter.: Now I Can Have Fun On The Internet On Microsoft Edge, I Just Got A Weird Networking Issue When The Network Drivers Are Having Issues On My HP Pavilion Laptop, I'll Just Go To PC Settings, I Run The Network Troubleshooter, And This Annoying Thing Comes Up Called "Possible...