Windows 10: Weird noises in sleep

Discus and support Weird noises in sleep in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; So i had just closed a google window and put the system in sleep mode.15 minutes later, as im in bed trying to sleep, my computer starts making this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by PaulC_006, Jun 12, 2019.

1. PaulC_006 Win User

Weird noises in sleep

So i had just closed a google window and put the system in sleep mode.15 minutes later, as im in bed trying to sleep, my computer starts making this constant beep noise, so i unplug it. Id like to know some ideas of what the cause of this could be. I use a windows 10 PC with built in speakers. Replies are appreciated! It was not an alarm from any alarm app either.

:)

PaulC_006, Jun 12, 2019

2. Weird noises

whenever I turn my computer on it makes this weird buzzing sound like it is about to explode in my face. I cant keep restarting my computer or it will break, and my hard drive died recently ( we got it fixed and it is making the noise), but this noise has
    always been here since Day 1. What do I do. It's an Hp pavilion

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

jlpeoples525, Jun 12, 2019
  3. Weird Noise after Anniversary Update

Hello John,

Let’s check what is causing that weird sound on your laptop.

Based on the link that you had provided, it seems that it’s either your CPU fan or Hard drive which is creating that sound.

If it’s the CPU fan, it might be an issue due to heavy processing, processor heating up or changes made during the update. If it’s your Hard drive, the issue might be with HDD performance. We suggest you to back up all your data to your external drive
    to prevent data loss.

Follow these steps to resolve your issue:

Step 1: Check your Task Manager

Close all applications and check in task manager for any high usage of resources by any process.

• Press Ctrl + Shift+ Esc together to open task manager.
    • Click on more details and check for any apps that is taking more resources.
    • Take note of any Applications that are taking High CPU usages and try to disable it if it’s not that important.
    Step 2: Start your computer in Safe Mode

Safe mode will start computer with basic drivers to check what might be causing the issue in normal functioning of computer. Check if the weird sounds are still happening.

Start computer in Safe Mode

Step 3: Run Hardware and Device troubleshooter

• Press Windows + W, and type troubleshooting.
    • From the search list, click on troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane click on view all to get the list.
    • Click on hardware and devices troubleshooter.
    • Follow the on screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting.
    Hardware and device troubleshooter is an inbuilt troubleshooter that will find the issues with hardware devices and try to fix them automatically.

Let us know what happens.

Anthony Cato, Jun 12, 2019
  4. JohnPZ Win User

Weird noises in sleep

Weird Noise after Anniversary Update

I've also tried safe mode as you suggested and it would seem that there's no noise in that situation.

After removing the loop application the noise however persists whenever I open the start menu but I cannot understand what is causing it.

JohnPZ, Jun 12, 2019
Thema:

Weird noises in sleep

1. Weird noises in sleep - Similar Threads - Weird noises sleep

2. Weird noises from pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird noises from pc: Hello everyone.So... this problem I have is really weird.Randomly when playing, or just scrolling through web, there is a noise.It sounds like static noise, but I only hear it when I do something like scroll, hover on something and so on.Its hard to explain... its like when...
  3. Weird noises from pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird noises from pc: Hello everyone.So... this problem I have is really weird.Randomly when playing, or just scrolling through web, there is a noise.It sounds like static noise, but I only hear it when I do something like scroll, hover on something and so on.Its hard to explain... its like when...
  4. Weird noises from pc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Weird PSU buzzing noises and coil whine noises

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Weird PSU buzzing noises and coil whine noises: I just got a new Super Flower Leadex III Gold PSU today, and it’s making this extremely loud noise. This is what it sounds like: https://www.mediafire.com/file/as7bv0092ghwpod/IMG_4014.MOV/file It seems it goes away if the fan stops spinning. Is it probably just coil whine...
  6. Weird noises.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Weird noises.: When i hold down SHIFT and press E, F or T. It makes a werid noise. Just really annoying when im trying to play games and you gotta press things like that often. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weird-noises/dbac6220-e6a8-41b0-880c-b8257b4399ca
  7. Weird Crackling/Popping noise

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird Crackling/Popping noise: when i try to play any audio on my Lenovo IdeaPad Flex 5, it makes a weird crackling/popping noise (i only have 1 audio device in settings) submitted by /u/King_Savage_276 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m3f23l/weird_cracklingpopping_noise/
  8. Weird Noise

in Windows 10 Customization
    Weird Noise: I keep hearing a weird noise playing on my laptop. It sounds like a waterdrop noise. I am not sure where it is coming from, and I want to stop it. I have tried muting notifications and it still plays....
  9. Weird static noise

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird static noise: So whenever I’m listening to something on my computer (youtube, Spotify, etc) this weird noise happens which only gives out on the right ear. Unplugging and plugging in doesn’t do anything. Help submitted by /u/kingmrharvey [link] [comments]...
  10. Weird playback noises

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Weird playback noises: So I recently set up a monitor to my computer, set up a mic, and everything was good. Now, whenever I unplug my headphones, It makes a horrible playback noise. It echoes whatever I say, or even the slightest tap. Please help me....