Windows 10: Weird Notepad++ stuff

Discus and support Weird Notepad++ stuff in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Today I went to use notepad++ 7.4, and when I go to save the text file I get - Failed to save file. Not enough space on disk to save file?. I do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by dwarfer66, May 14, 2017.

1. dwarfer66 Win User

Weird Notepad++ stuff

Today I went to use notepad++ 7.4, and when I go to save the text file I get - Failed to save file. Not enough space on disk to save file?.

I do have enough space 1.29TB, does not seem to be happening to all text files, only some (2 different drives).

When I open another notepad++ file (so 2 tabs are open) I can do an Save All, which works. Any ideas guys?

:)

dwarfer66, May 14, 2017
  2. Ken Blake Win User

notepad

You say "Letters appearing as weird Symbols in notepad." What file are you looking at in Notepad? If it's not a txt file, everything *will* probably appear as "weird" symbols.

And by the way, you say "don't have any Virus, Pup,Malware, Or any of the bad stuff on my computer." That "bad stuff" is very unlikely to cause a problem with how Notepad displays something, but I just wanted to caution you that it's never possible to be
    completely sure you don't have any "bad stuff." Just because your anti-virus program doesn't find anything does not mean that you are definitely infection-free. None of these programs is perfect, and if they don't find anything, all it means is that you are
    less *likely* to be infected.

Ken Blake, May 14, 2017
  3. notepad

I have windows 10 Pro

Letters appearing as weird Symbols in notepad.

It don't have any Virus, Pup,Malware,Or any of the bad stuff on my computer.

Any help please.

cameroz28ny, May 14, 2017
  4. Fafhrd Win User

Weird Notepad++ stuff

I'd schedule Chkdsk to run next boot on those drives if there are problems. In File Explorer, select the drive and right-click, properties, tools tab, error checking and the check button. If it suggests that there are problems, let it schedule a check and reboot.

Fafhrd, May 14, 2017
  5. dwarfer66 Win User
    Cheers for the reply, I will do that soon.

dwarfer66, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Weird Notepad++ stuff

1. Weird Notepad++ stuff - Similar Threads - Weird Notepad++ stuff

2. Crashes, Freezes, weird stuff happening.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Crashes, Freezes, weird stuff happening.: Hello, so I have a few issues with my PC.It started with random GPU 100% Fan and Black screen randomly.They blue screens and freezes. The Event Monitor always pointed at something with Nvidia.So I replaced my GPU with one from a different Vendor. I don't have the fan issues...
  3. A Weird Glitch With Notepad.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A Weird Glitch With Notepad.: When I copy and pasted something up until now, it would be in a vertical format. But when I did the same thing today, it's all crammed together in a long, ugly, hard-to-read line. This has never been an issue before, and I really want it fixed....
  4. A Weird Glitch With Notepad.

A Weird Glitch With Notepad.: When I copy and pasted something up until now, it would be in a vertical format. But when I did the same thing today, it's all crammed together in a long, ugly, hard-to-read line. This has never been an issue before, and I really want it fixed....
  5. A Weird Glitch With Notepad.

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Weird stuff happening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird stuff happening: Alright, recently I got my PC and now it decides to act weird like supposedly now "The Audio Service Is Not Running" which is the first time that ever happened, internet decides to not work, "WIndows Firewall not on" which I believe it is on, can't see the event log and loads...
  7. Weird stuff happening

Weird stuff happening: Alright, recently I got my PC and now it decides to act weird like supposedly now "The Audio Service Is Not Running" which is the first time that ever happened, internet decides to not work, "WIndows Firewall not on" which I believe it is on, can't see the event log and loads...
  8. Weird stuff happening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Weird Stuff Going On

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Weird Stuff Going On: Hello and Good Day! I just wanted to clear that after the recent update to my Windows 10, things started going weird. Firstly, it told me that "Your Windows license will expire soon." but asides from that, whenever I open File Explorer, Control Panel, Task Manager, any...
  10. Weird automatic stuff

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Weird automatic stuff: so Ive been running year now @ home in the Insider group and havent updated it to a release-version. so i thought ill update my work laptop too. for some reason, it automatically added my MS-account to the work computer, despite I havent added any personal information...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. notepad failed to save file