Windows 10: Weird notification

Discus and support Weird notification in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Today when i logged onto my computer i got and alert which i think was from Microsoft Defender but I dont know for sure. It said there was a security... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Slyanator, Feb 10, 2020.

1. Slyanator Win User

Weird notification

Today when i logged onto my computer i got and alert which i think was from Microsoft Defender but I dont know for sure. It said there was a security message. I clicked it and it said my computer was vulnerable and I needed to turn this setting on. I slide the bar and closed the window. I immediately afterword thought that maybe it wasn’t legit and maybe it was a hacker. I saw vulnerable and panicked. Does this sound like a typical notification from windows? Unfortunately you cant look at old notifications.

:)

Slyanator, Feb 10, 2020

2. (SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Feb 10, 2020
  3. Microsoft News Notifications

Follow these steps to check if it works:

Step 1: Open the Windows Settings menu by pressing the Windows Key and “I,” or alternatively search for Settings in the Windows search bar and click the corresponding result.

Step 2: Click Notifications & Actions in the left-hand menu. This will take you to a screen providing access to all of the settings related to notifications and the Action Center.

Step 3: Click the System icon, then select Notifications and actions from the left-hand menu.

Step 4: Look for the Notifications subheading, where you will see a number of toggles for various types of notifications. The following is a list of the settings you can toggle on this screen:

• Get notifications from apps and other senders
    • Show notifications on the lock screen
    • Show alarms, reminders, and incoming VoIP calls on the lock screen
    • Hide notifications when duplicating my screen
    • Get tips, tricks, and suggestions as you use Windows
    You may just turn them off the notification as you need.

PeterPeng3, Feb 10, 2020
  4. Weird notification

Weird Notifications

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Since when are you facing this issue?
    2. Have you recently made any changes prior to this issue?
    3. Which security software is installed on your device?

As you have mentioned you are receiving notification, this is happening because you might have turned on the Mail app notifications. In order to get the confirmation, please login to your mail app account and verify whether you have received the same
    email which is occurring on the Taskbar/Action center. If yes, you can either unsubscribe from those emails or block them.

If you doesn’t want wish to receive the mail app notifications, you can go ahead and turn off the mail app notifications. To do so,

1. Open the Mail app.
    2. On the bottom left pane, click on settings.
    3. Under Settings, choose Options.
    4. Under Notifications, toggle Show in Action center button to off.

Change notifications settings for all senders

Refer the article Change Notification and actions settings in Windows 10
    for more information.

Hope it helps.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Feb 10, 2020
Thema:

Weird notification

1. Weird notification - Similar Threads - Weird notification

2. I keep getting this weird notification sound on my PC can anyone help?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I keep getting this weird notification sound on my PC can anyone help?: Hi All,Need help on a certain notification sound on my PC. I didn't install any programs before it happened. I looked up all other tips and guides and yet still to no avail.List of guides that I did.Muted all windows notificationsDid Sfc /scannowDownloaded process monitor yet...
  3. I keep getting this weird notification sound on my PC can anyone help?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I keep getting this weird notification sound on my PC can anyone help?: Hi All,Need help on a certain notification sound on my PC. I didn't install any programs before it happened. I looked up all other tips and guides and yet still to no avail.List of guides that I did.Muted all windows notificationsDid Sfc /scannowDownloaded process monitor yet...
  4. I keep getting this weird notification sound on my PC can anyone help?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. weird notification

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    weird notification: this popped up while in game, which is weird and i dont run sketchy games https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/weird-notification/cb61068e-449c-40c1-acd6-dda4d4d75a86
  6. Weird Windows notification "There is a problem with your Microsoft account"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Weird Windows notification "There is a problem with your Microsoft account": Once a day, every day for several months now, I've been getting a weird Windows notication in the Windows 10 taskbar in the action center at the far right of the notification area saying: Microsoft Account Problem We need to fix your Microsoft account most probably your...
  7. Weird Google Chrome Notification Style

in Windows 10 Customization
    Weird Google Chrome Notification Style: For the past few days, I am getting a different type of Google Chrome notification. Something like thisAnd I don't quite like this, style. I prefer the notification style belowAny ideas how to change this?...
  8. Weird Notification Sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Weird Notification Sound: I keep getting this weird sound, and I'm not sure what is producing it. I am assuming it may be some sort of virus, but was wondering if anyone has heard this sound before. It happens pretty often, possibly around once every 10 minutes. [media] 169912
  9. Weird Notification Sound

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird Notification Sound: I keep getting this weird sound, and I'm not sure what is producing it. I am assuming it may be some sort of virus, but was wondering if anyone has heard this sound before. It happens pretty often, possibly around once every 10 minutes. [media] 169912
  10. Asus laptop screen gets weird blue tint after opening notification menu and other specific...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Asus laptop screen gets weird blue tint after opening notification menu and other specific...: My mom got a new Asus D509D laptop (running a Ryzen 7) and it has this weird bug where opening the notification menu or the accessibility settings menu suddenly turn on a very strong blue cold toned tint for the entire screen. I've so far found 3 ways to remove it: 1....