Windows 10: Weird obscure "USB controller resources exceeded" error stops my microphone from working

Discus and support Weird obscure "USB controller resources exceeded" error stops my microphone from working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; One day all of a sudden my PC started giving me the "USB controller resources exceeded" error on boot up. Despite seeing the error on bootup, all of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GolfBravo, Jan 15, 2019.

1. GolfBravo Win User

Weird obscure "USB controller resources exceeded" error stops my microphone from working

One day all of a sudden my PC started giving me the "USB controller resources exceeded" error on boot up.

Despite seeing the error on bootup, all of my USB devices worked fine so I ignored the error thinking it was some weird bug... then I noticed my microphone connected into my motherboard's ANALOG mic in port would not work.

If I try to speak to Cortana, Cortana will immediately say I couldn't hear you and the "USB controller resources exceeded" error will pop up. The microphone does not work.

If I unplug ONE SPECIFIC USB device (My USB connected DAC/AMP) the problem goes away. The microphone works fine and that "USB controller resources exceeded error" stops popping up.

If I unplug any other USB device, the problem persists. The microphone will still not work and the "USB controller resources exceeded" error will continue to pop up.

My microphone plugged into the motherboard's ANALOG MIC IN port seems to be the only side effect of this error. Again, all of my USB devices WORK FINE

Here are all the USB devices connected to my motherboard:

1) My DAC/AMP (I use a FiiO E10K btw)

2) My keyboard

3) A USB Uplink cable connecting my motherboard and monitor so I can use the USB ports on my monitor. My mouse is connected to a USB port on my monitor. There are no other USB devices connected to my monitor.

4) A USB bluetooth device (Connected to the front USBs on my case)

5) A charge only USB cable (Also connected to the front USBs on my case, does not work as a data cable)

As you can guess, unplugging any of these USB devices except for my DAC/AMP does not fix the problem.

I've tried plugging in my DAC/AMP and other USB devices into other USB ports but to no avail. I've tried plugging them in USB 2.0 only ports and USB 3.0 only ports and a mixture and nothing worked. Whenever my DAC/AMP is plugged in, I get a "USB Controller resources exceeded" and the only side affect seems to be my microphone not working.

I am absolutely baffled as to what is causing this and as to how to fix it.

A hint as to what could be causing this problem and how to fix it??? I'm just throwing any wild guess I have since I have absolutely no clue.

Depending on where I plugged my Fiio E10K, the computer recognizes it as a different device? For example, if I plug it into one USB, it will pop up as "4- FiiO USB DAC-E10". If I plug it into another USB port, it will pop up as "5- FiiO USB DAC-E10"... and whenever I plug it into a USB port I've never plugged it into before, the device will pop up with a new number (6,7,8,9 etc)

:)

GolfBravo, Jan 15, 2019
  2. Aceman.au Win User

Sennheiser GSP 350. Microphone stops working when I open any game

Wow, ok. I think I've fixed it by accident while fiddling around.

It appears to be the Realtek audio being the issue here. I don't use my onboard sound card as my headset is a USB headset only and my speakers are plugged into an ASUS sound card.

Step by step fix:
    • I went into recording devices
    • I enabled STEREO MIX (Realtek High Definition Audio)
    • Then I set that Stereo Mix as the DEFAULT DEVICE (At this point it took over both input and output devices without my permission )
    • Then set my Sennheiser headset as default recording and playback devices in their respective windows even though they both still said they were the default devices when they weren't
    Headset microphone is currently functioning while in game now. I'll update the thread if it goes again. Should I completely disable Realtek audio??? Or will windows just force it to work again?

Aceman.au, Jan 15, 2019
  3. Microphone suddenly stopped working

My microphone is still not working. I even checked the BIOS as someone had suggested but there is no listing for the microphone in there.

JonStoffelsen, Jan 15, 2019
  4. Weird obscure "USB controller resources exceeded" error stops my microphone from working

USB headset microphone not working

Hi,

This issue could have happened due to settings of your Microphone. To resolve your issue, we suggest that you check your Microphone is not disabled and set as default. You can follow these steps to check your microphone settings:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.
    • Now, right click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.
    • Select “Microphone” and click on “Properties” and make sure that the microphone is enabled.
    • You may also check if the microphone that you are using is set as default.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help.

Anthony Gal, Jan 15, 2019
Thema:

Weird obscure "USB controller resources exceeded" error stops my microphone from working

1. Weird obscure "USB controller resources exceeded" error stops my microphone from working - Similar Threads - Weird obscure USB

2. Samsung's AKG USB Type C Headphone USB Controller Resources Exceeded [Audio Isn't Recording]

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Samsung's AKG USB Type C Headphone USB Controller Resources Exceeded [Audio Isn't Recording]: I have windows 11 on my laptop. I have got a USB type C port in my Laptop. Now if I want to make audio or video call from pc with this headphone then I can hear that person but that person can't hear me.Also when I plug ot and in again I got this "USB Controller Resources...
  3. Samsung's AKG USB Type C Headphone USB Controller Resources Exceeded [Audio Isn't Recording]

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Samsung's AKG USB Type C Headphone USB Controller Resources Exceeded [Audio Isn't Recording]: I have windows 11 on my laptop. I have got a USB type C port in my Laptop. Now if I want to make audio or video call from pc with this headphone then I can hear that person but that person can't hear me.Also when I plug ot and in again I got this "USB Controller Resources...
  4. Microphone functions in USB webcam and microphone stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone functions in USB webcam and microphone stopped working: Thanks in advance for any help! Yesterday, both external, USB-connected microphones to my Windows 10 XPS laptop stopped working. Specifically, I have a USB microphone and a current model Logitech webcam, connected to the laptop via USB connection either directly or via a hub;...
  5. Microphone functions in USB webcam and microphone stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone functions in USB webcam and microphone stopped working: Thanks in advance for any help! Yesterday, both external, USB-connected microphones to my Windows 10 XPS laptop stopped working. Specifically, I have a USB microphone and a current model Logitech webcam, connected to the laptop via USB connection either directly or via a hub;...
  6. Microphone functions in USB webcam and microphone stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. NOT ENOUGH USB CONTROLLER RESOURCES

NOT ENOUGH USB CONTROLLER RESOURCES: Hi, I've been trying to solve this problem for a while now but I can't solve it. I cannot connect more than 2 XBox 360 pc joypads at the same time. The third is not detected and the operating system returns the alert "NOT ENOUGH USB CONTROLLER RESOURCES". I've tried by...
  8. Not Enough USB Controller Resources

Not Enough USB Controller Resources: I have Lenovo Yoga 730-15IKB with latest firmware Bios version: 7KCN32WWV1.13. As soon as I updated my laptop from Windows Pro 10 version 1909 to Windows Pro 10 version 2004, I started getting a message "not enough USB resources" and my microphone stopped working. I...
  9. usb control not enough resources

usb control not enough resources: usb controller not enough resources https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-control-not-enough-resources/27a09d7d-c6f3-4c13-bf46-dc9ce0fe9aa8
  10. FIX Not enough USB controller resources error on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    FIX Not enough USB controller resources error on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]USB is now being used in all devices. USB A is leading with most devices based on it. Peripherals like Pen Drives, External Hard disks, and more use a USB port. USB C is coming up to be the next [...] This post FIX Not enough USB controller resources error...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. usb resources exceeded

2. usb controller resources how many does a dac take

3. razer ripsaw hd usb controller resources exceeded error

4. usb controller resources exceeded