Windows 10: Weird occurrence - desktop won't load, spinning wheel etc

Discus and support Weird occurrence - desktop won't load, spinning wheel etc in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This just started happening today. I have dual boot (win 7 and win 10). I have been using win 7 all day. rebooted into windows 10. I am using EASY BCD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by netrate, Dec 6, 2020.

1. netrate Win User

Weird occurrence - desktop won't load, spinning wheel etc

This just started happening today.
    I have dual boot (win 7 and win 10). I have been using win 7 all day. rebooted into windows 10. I am using EASY BCD from windows 7 (I thought it was windows 10, but it is not!). I was at the menu screen to choose which os, picked windows 10. It boots to the blurred out background picture and then the desktop loads (blue), but it does not load anything - no icons, no taskbar, nothing at all. ALT-CTR-DEL brings up the task manager menu, but I cannot select the task manager. Nothing runs, nothing works. When I ALT-CTR-DEL , I can bring up the shut down menu, but it also hangs when shutting down saying :

TASK HOST IS STOPPING BACKGROUND TASKS (MS\WIN\INTERNATIONS\SYNC LANGUAGE SETTINGS).

I click restart anyway. Next time I rebooted it said I had a bad BCD. Rebooted again, to windows 7 and but I haven't tried windows 10 again.
    So if my boot manager is in 7 and I can't boot to win 10, how should I approach this? I can see my win 10 drive and it is accessible from windows 7. I am not sure how to get to a SAFE BOOT from windows 10 with the EASY BCD or otherwise.

EDIT : I have noticed that I can reset BCD config or repair it from EASY BCD, not sure if I should do this?

:)

netrate, Dec 6, 2020

2. Spinning blue wheel icon.

Hi Pat,

The issue you're experiencing might be due to corrupted system file after updating Windows. In order for us to further assist you , we'd like to ask a few questions with the issue on spinning blue wheel icon.

• Have you tried any troubleshooting steps before posting this concern? If yes, what are those?
    • Is it possible for you to send us a screenshot of the issue?

Looking forward to your response.

Reymichael Ros, Dec 6, 2020
  3. BG60148 Win User
    spinning wheel on windows 100 startup

A spinning wheel spins upon windows 10 startup. Startup is taking over 1 minute. Any suggestions?

BG60148, Dec 6, 2020
  4. Weird occurrence - desktop won't load, spinning wheel etc

spinning loading wheel

Hi, I'm having a problem. I just updated my windows 10 and my loading wheel keeps spinning and is causing my computer programs to be blink. I've tried trouble shooting and nothing comes up. I've used my avast security suite to check for viruses but nothing
    came up. Should I reset my computer to another date before this update or is there something else I can do to fix this problem.

Thank you

dragonlady1940, Dec 6, 2020
Thema:

Weird occurrence - desktop won't load, spinning wheel etc

1. Weird occurrence - desktop won't load, spinning wheel etc - Similar Threads - Weird occurrence desktop

2. Microsoft Store will not load, it opens and the wheel spins till it crashes. if possible,...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store will not load, it opens and the wheel spins till it crashes. if possible,...: as described above, i have issues running microsoft store. i have done every fix i can find, even from similar threads. cmd, powershell, mediacreation, im at a loss. there is no error message, i updated my pc even this was a hassle, had to go through microsoft website for my...
  3. Microsoft Store will not load, it opens and the wheel spins till it crashes. if possible,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store will not load, it opens and the wheel spins till it crashes. if possible,...: as described above, i have issues running microsoft store. i have done every fix i can find, even from similar threads. cmd, powershell, mediacreation, im at a loss. there is no error message, i updated my pc even this was a hassle, had to go through microsoft website for my...
  4. Microsoft Store will not load, it opens and the wheel spins till it crashes. if possible,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows spinning wheel of death

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows spinning wheel of death: My brother recently let his acer laptop do an automatic update and ever since it will turn on to the start up page but sits at the spinning wheel constantly. It's in a loop and won't start up. I can get it to do "preparing automatic repair" but there are no options and screen...
  6. Windows spinning wheel of death

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows spinning wheel of death: My brother recently let his acer laptop do an automatic update and ever since it will turn on to the start up page but sits at the spinning wheel constantly. It's in a loop and won't start up. I can get it to do "preparing automatic repair" but there are no options and screen...
  7. Microsoft Rewards Spinning Wheel

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Rewards Spinning Wheel: Is the Microsoft Rewards Spinning Wheel a scam or no? I spent 10,000 points on it and all I got was a measly 50 points. I mean, do I have to spend 1,000,000 points to get the Laptop???...
  8. Windows won't restart after update? Spinning wheel

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows won't restart after update? Spinning wheel: Hello all. I'm having difficulty with my computer not restarting after a recent Windows Update. When the computer turns back on, I get an infinite spinning wheel. The first time this happened, I went into safe mode and asked it to restore the system before the last update....
  9. spinning blue wheel

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    spinning blue wheel: this spinning blue wheel is driving me nuts is there an easy way for someone who is not computer literate to stop it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spinning-blue-wheel/6bf4d66d-141a-4c49-8ae9-bf791341df8f"
  10. Stuck on configure with spinning wheel

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck on configure with spinning wheel: Update stuck on spinning wheel following download of drivers etc and after copying files. Black screen with blue logo and continuos spinning wheel. 11811