Windows 10: Weird OneDrive error

Discus and support Weird OneDrive error in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I need your help with this problem, I have gotten it in many games I have tried to install and now using a program and do not know what is wrong with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/LAGman91, May 31, 2020.

1. Weird OneDrive error

I need your help with this problem, I have gotten it in many games I have tried to install and now using a program and do not know what is wrong with my onedrive. Can I use a different destination for whatever procedures would take place here? This is the error along with a look on my OneDrive folder with some weird letters.

https://imgur.com/6URHDyp

submitted by /u/LAGman91
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/LAGman91, May 31, 2020

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, May 31, 2020
  3. Really weird situation with my OneDrive Folder on PC.

I recently moved my OneDrive folder from my User folder to my D: drive. I went through the unlink process then signed in again. The location shown was in my User folder. I specified my D drive as the new location and syncing completed with no problems. My OneDrive folder pointed to my D drive.

Now the weird situation. On my Quick Access menu in file manager I have my User Folder pinned to it. In the list of folders I have a OneDrive folder. This points to my OneDrive folder on my D Drive. However, if I display my User folder any other way and with any other File Manager type program my OneDrive folder does not show up. Even booting into Linux can't find it. It is only via Quick Access do I see the OneDrive folder in my User folder.

It's almost as if the 'weird' folder is some sort of Junction Point, Symlink, etc. but all my utilities that display this sort of info does not list it as any sort of link. Where the heck is this folder coming from? It certainly isn't a real folder so I suspect it might be something created in the Registry. Also I confirmed it does not take up any space just as a Junction Point does. All my files are on my D drive.

Everything works fine. I am just curious why the OneDrive folder in my User folder only shows up in my Quick Access list. Also, if I delete the OneDrive folder from my Quick Access list it will also delete it on my D drive.

Any thoughts on this situation. I am baffled by it. *Banghead
    Weird OneDrive error [​IMG]

Weird OneDrive error [​IMG]

The first screenshot is from my Quick Access list. The second is from my User Folder in File Manager.

streetwolf, May 31, 2020
  4. Mussels Win User

Weird OneDrive error

Getting this error on everything

I'd suggest installing the latest directX.

Other than that, weird errors like that would make me want to format too.

Mussels, May 31, 2020
Thema:

Weird OneDrive error

1. Weird OneDrive error - Similar Threads - Weird OneDrive error

2. OneDrive Error

in Windows 10 Customization
    OneDrive Error: I get Error 0X80070194 I did what was suggested on 21 November Reply %localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe /reset and cannot delete this file. If I uninstall OneDrive, will it affect the contents of OneDrive ? I may download contents of OneDrive on external drive if...
  3. OneDrive is being weird Or how to stop using it

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    OneDrive is being weird Or how to stop using it: Hey guys,since i've never really used cloud services to store my data I just accepted OneDrive storing my data online What's the matter, can't hurt. However today I received a 5GB warning, that the OneDrive storage is full. I didn't want to receive this warning every startup...
  4. weird error with windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    weird error with windows: hello Microsoft I think my computer may be bugged because almost every single time i open up a application such as google discord epic games etc. I get a pop up saying "C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvspcap.dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error. Try...
  5. Windows Weirdness. Error -1603 on app installation and OneDrive not signing in and other...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Weirdness. Error -1603 on app installation and OneDrive not signing in and other...: Hi, I'm unable to install PACE Licence Support, which is something I need to install as I can't use certain audio programs without it, as it is software that validates that I own a legal copy of the program. But it won't install and so I am unable to use the software I have...
  6. weird error

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    weird error: Log Name: Security Source: Microsoft-Windows-Security-Auditing Date: 2/17/2021 8:59:47 PM Event ID: 4798 Task Category: User Account Management Level: Information Keywords: Audit Success User: N/A Computer: ₩яξ₭ɐɓ3...
  7. Weird error message

in Windows 10 Customization
    Weird error message: When I log in as the admin on my Windows 10 PC, I get this weird error message. What do I need to fix? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weird-error-message/b13e587d-4727-4668-ac6e-056a9593e805
  8. Weird error.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Weird error.: [ATTACH] Okay so it says I'm up to date but it also shows a red error, so I don't know what's going on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weird-error/8b38db2f-22d7-4c76-b95e-27815114f6d6
  9. a relly weird error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    a relly weird error: ok so will start from the begining i was just using my vpn (nordvpn) and switched it off and on here and there then i also used bitdefendervpn here and there but not as much then one day i get the relly weard thing where i can like access websites and stuff that i have...
  10. Weird sleep error?

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird sleep error?: Okay so something odd happened to me last night. When I went to go put my computer to sleep it was taking an abnormal long time to go into sleep. Yet it was able to after a few minutes, so I turned it on and tried again and it wasn't going to sleep at all for about 3-5...