Windows 10: Weird Outlook 365 email settings -- Can't change or repair them

Discus and support Weird Outlook 365 email settings -- Can't change or repair them in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I am a Verizon Fios user. Some time ago, Verizon switched all its users to Aol mail and specified certain settings for the incoming and outgoing... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by hmilne, Nov 18, 2018.

1. hmilne Win User

Weird Outlook 365 email settings -- Can't change or repair them

I am a Verizon Fios user. Some time ago, Verizon switched all its users to Aol mail and specified certain settings for the incoming and outgoing servers (Incoming server -- pop.verizon.net and Outgoing server -- smtp.verizon.net) . When I couldn't receive mail this morning, I checked the settings and for some odd reason, they had changed to the following:
    Incoming server: pop.mail.yahoo.com
    Outoing server: smtp.mail.yahoo.com

I tried to correct the account server settings, but Outlook 365 seems to have changed the way to accomplish this and would not allow me to do so. I went through the "Repair" option and chose the option to do so manually, but I kept getting the message that Outlook could not make the changes and I should contact my administrator. I went through the MS Office repair process under Programs and Features in the Control Panel. This reinstalled Office and it allowed me to receive mail again, but the servers in Outlook are still through Yahoo. It's possible that at one time I may have installed my Yahoo acct in Outlook 365, but if I did, I deleted it and I have not used it in years. The only accts I have installed are Verizon and Gmail. I checked my desktop (also running Win 10 and Office 365) and it too has the yahoo servers in the settings. My wife's desktop, running Win 10 and Outlook 2007, has the proper Verizon settings. Does anyone know how in the heck my Verizon settings changed to Yahoo servers and better yet, how to change them back?????

:)

hmilne, Nov 18, 2018
  2. mccoady Win User

Outlook Email Random Letters & Numbers

I put Office 365 on my mother's computer under my 365 Home license. She's using outlook.com as her email and Outlook as her email client on her computer. Outlook wasn't syncing her email I think due to Microsoft switching to Exchange and deleting the account and starting over was supposed to be the fix.

Anyway I deleted her account but didn't pay attention to the warning I needed to back something up... maybe not smart. I created a new profile entering her name Pat C and email I'll call L: mom@outlook.com.

Her new profile syncs plus sends and receives email just fine... but something's weird going on. Inside of Outlook it lists her email address as gobbledygook it's something like outlook.37ej39.07d.outlook.com instead of L: mom@outlook.com. I've already deleted the profile but I believe the profile itself listed it as L: mom@outlook.com but if you looked at the Properties of the account it listed it as outlook.37ej39.07d.outlook.com. The gobbledygook numbers & letters aren't exactly as they were listed but you get the picture.

I tried creating new Profiles plus doing an Office Repair but I always get the same random number & letters for her email. Nor do I ever see this gobbledygook during the setup process... only after it's finished.

Anyway to fix her email when using Outlook... her email is fine outside of Outlook?

mccoady, Nov 18, 2018
  3. Kari Win User
    How to enable 'send as' in Outlook (Office 365 email)

Both. In OWA (web app) the users need to select Show from:

Weird Outlook 365 email settings -- Can't change or repair them [​IMG]

When doing this first time, the new allowed Send As email is not shown in the From drop down list. Users need to right click their usual Send As address and select Remove, then add the new Send As address manually:

Weird Outlook 365 email settings -- Can't change or repair them [​IMG]

After that the new address will be shown and can be selected from the drop down list.

In Outlook desktop app users need to manually remove their usual Send As address and add the new one, thereafter the new address will be shown in From drop down list.

4. Weird Outlook 365 email settings -- Can't change or repair them

Outlook 365 - adding new account problem

Hi steveatootac. Welcome to the TenForums @steveatootac

Don't think I would call this a repair but more an edit.

Click on File, upper left, account settings, account setting. A window should open with your accounts listed. Double click on the account you want to edit, then more settings lower right. The is a tab Outgoing Servers

These are the steps in Outlook 2013 and I don't think much has change to Outlook 2016.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Nov 18, 2018
Thema:

Weird Outlook 365 email settings -- Can't change or repair them

1. Weird Outlook 365 email settings -- Can't change or repair them - Similar Threads - Weird Outlook 365

2. outlook 365 as email default for excel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    outlook 365 as email default for excel: When sharing an excel file I prefer to share as an email attachment. However, Outlook 365 is not listed as an option. Is there a way to have outlook 365 as a default email app?...
  3. outlook 365 as email default for excel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    outlook 365 as email default for excel: When sharing an excel file I prefer to share as an email attachment. However, Outlook 365 is not listed as an option. Is there a way to have outlook 365 as a default email app?...
  4. outlook 365 as email default for excel

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Change Email on Microsoft 365

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change Email on Microsoft 365: I have always used cameomodelmgt2.com *** Email address is removed for privacy *** for my Microsoft 365 accounts and was trying to set up more alias names for my account. By me updating my account, I lost my domain for the 365. I was told to delete it and replace it again....
  6. Set Outlook.com not Outlook 365 as default

in Windows 10 Customization
    Set Outlook.com not Outlook 365 as default: Currently, my options in Windows 10 for default e-mail include Windows 10 Mail, standard Outlook 365, Windows Live Mail like the 2012 version. I would like Outlook.com for the default. Is there a tweak for that?...
  7. Office 365 Outlook email accounts

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 365 Outlook email accounts: I have a subsciption to Micrrosoft Office Personal and wish to install it in a second pc (my wifes pc) but I do not wish my Outlook email account to be seen in my wifes laptop and I do not wish to see my wife's Outlook emails on my pc. If I share my Office 365 Personal...
  8. Outlook 365 - Can't select From email account or set default signature

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 365 - Can't select From email account or set default signature: Greetings, Specs: Win 10 Pro x64 - Version 1909 - Build 18363.720 Office 365 / Outlook - Version 2003 - Build 12624.20176, Monthly Channel (Targeted) Everything was running fine with my O365 Business Premium and its Outlook program on my Win10 PC until this morning when I...
  9. outlook email change?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    outlook email change?: In past I was able to delete outlook emails 20 at time and then go back and deselect those in the 20 I wanted to keep. Now when I select emails for delete it wants to delete everything in my inbox - thus now I must select each email individually to delete unless I want to...
  10. Spoofed or hacked outlook 365 email

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Spoofed or hacked outlook 365 email: I received an email to my work 365 email account yesterday claiming that I have been hacked. It was from me to me (hopefully just spoofed) and details are below: From:*** Email address is removed for privacy *** <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***> Sent:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to change email settings in outlook 365

2. aol outlook 365 settings

3. weird setting for my outlook email

4. verizon fios aol hosted email your server does not support the connection type you have specified,
  5. cant change settings in email,
  6. cant change my outlook settings,
  7. outlook 365 cant repair email,
  8. outlook 365 change email account server settings