Windows 10: Weird PC Behaviour Since Upgrading to 20H2

Discus and support Weird PC Behaviour Since Upgrading to 20H2 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm having a little problem since upgrading to 20H2. My PC will suddenly go "dark". The screen turns black and the keyboard lights go out and it is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Gurn Blanston, Dec 11, 2020.

1. Weird PC Behaviour Since Upgrading to 20H2

I'm having a little problem since upgrading to 20H2. My PC will suddenly go "dark". The screen turns black and the keyboard lights go out and it is totally unresponsive. The case and power lights stay on, but that is it. Almost all USB devices go dark. The only thing I can do is reboot. This has happened four times since upgrading.

I have checked the event viewer and can find nothing. I can see the reboot, but nothing else from the time it went dark.

Reliability Monitor shows an unexpected shutdown and reboot, but no reason why.

Other than a hardware problem or a bad PSU, I can't think of anything other than the Windows upgrade, but checking the known issues doesn't show the problem there either.

Has anyone else had this problem since upgrading?

And does anyone have any advice on troubleshooting the problem? The build is only six months old.

:)

Gurn Blanston, Dec 11, 2020
  2. Simon_IK Win User

Weird behaviour after clean start

Hey,

I've been having issues with Win10pc - v. high memory usage and unresponsive for 10 mins after waking up - so I ran the Memory
    Diagnostic Tool
    from this site and then followed the Clean Boot instructions it contains.

I now have some weird behaviour:

• My PC won't accept keyboard input into the Win10 Search bar or MS Edge but other browsers, apps and MS Office suite work fine.
    • MS Word/Excel started as usual but when I tried to start Outlook it didn't show the UI for about 10-15 mins.
    I have re-started PC a couple of times with no errors.

Grateful for any help in diagnosing.

Simon_IK, Dec 11, 2020
  3. CadErik Win User
    20H2 and Firewire/Audio issues

I have a MOTU Ultralike MK3 which I have connected through Firewire on my desktop.

My specs:

• ASRock B450M-HDV R4.0 Motherboard
    • AMD 3800X
    • 32 Gb DDR4
    • Vantec PCIe Firewire interface with Ti chipset

Before my upgrade to 20H2 - my playback was quite stable but since this upgrade, I'm getting a bunch of weird playback glitches. That is not even under load. I just play a file in JRMC with the ASIO interface and I get multiple drop-outs glitches. The playback
    definitely stops for 1 sec or so, there is no level showing up anymore during that second on my audio interface.

I changed two times already the firewire cable, and the firewire card as well.

My bios doesn't have a lot of options and I have the legacy 1394 driver installed which used to work quite nicely.

Any suggestions?

CadErik, Dec 11, 2020
  4. Phillmont Win User

Weird PC Behaviour Since Upgrading to 20H2

Hibernating laptop changes to sleep behaviour after Windows 10 May 2019 update

Hi Aditya,

Thank you for your reply. I have tried the two steps (turning of Hybrid sleep and Fast startup) you suggested but to no avail. Okay, for your two questions:

1. My laptop is a HP Pavilion 14-bf101tx, and currently running Windows 10 1903 (upgrading from 1809).
    2. Nope. No error messages. I suppose the boot process was successful, however, my battery was reduced. That's why I suggest the post title as "Hibernating changes to sleep behaviour" because the battery level reduction looks like sleep behaviour.

Please inform me of any diagnostics information you might need. Thank you for your kind assistance.

Phillmont, Dec 11, 2020
Thema:

Weird PC Behaviour Since Upgrading to 20H2

1. Weird PC Behaviour Since Upgrading to 20H2 - Similar Threads - Weird Behaviour Since

2. Weird ethernet behaviour

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Weird ethernet behaviour: My ethernet throughput on task manager is being really weird, and my download speed is also acting strange. I don't know why it's like this, could I please have help? [ATTACH]...
  3. Weird CMD Behaviour.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird CMD Behaviour.: Hi, When I launch cmd.exe from a C# Program, I get error that 'ssh is not an internal or external program' but when I launch cmd via Win + R -> cmd.exe, there is no problem. I checked the PATH variable and its identical in both. What could cause this weird behaviour? P.S: I...
  4. Weird behaviour with updates

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird behaviour with updates: This is what happened: 1. Laptop should be offline: Ethernet plugged out, WiFi switched off in system tray. I boot to Windows to play a game. 2. I'm done with the game. System tray shows there are pending updates (something about .net framework, if I recall) that need the...
  5. Weird PC behaviour freezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Weird PC behaviour freezing: So i have had this problem around 5-6 times in the last three years ,and it really confused me ,so here's how it goes :i would be using my PC for quite sometime ,everything is normal then it freezes and wont respond i would have to force shut it down and when i try to boot it...
  6. weird keyboard behaviour

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    weird keyboard behaviour: I was playing GTA V, enjoying time with my friend. Then all of a sudden, pressing W does not walk my character forward. it kept showing this menu about pen input or something. On action center it shows me a notification about something along the lines of "Microsoft Keyboard...
  7. Weird behaviour

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Weird behaviour: Hi, I have backupped a good working system, installed with everything I'm used to work with (a win pro 64 install from usb stick wich works),..I did this because I knew updating windows to its latest version would give me problems...and yes today I have tried again for the...
  8. Weird Display Behaviour

in Windows 10 Customization
    Weird Display Behaviour: I have just realised that when I change the wallpaper on my laptop it also changes on my desktop PC ... and vice versa This never used to happen - anyone any ideas what's changed? I don't know if it's significant but both computers updated to W10 Anniversary Edition...
  9. Weird connectivity behaviour

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Weird connectivity behaviour: Today while I was playing a game on my PC I heard the Windows alert sound, but when I checked to look there was no alert to be seen. Shortly afterwards my PC was disconnected from the Internet. Chrome said that my device is offline, this usually never happens. My phone could...
  10. Weird network sharing behaviour.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Weird network sharing behaviour.: So I have many PCs and laptops in my office and they all are connected over the network. 10 laptops on WiFi and 4 PCs on wired connection. Now the problem is that some of these PCs and laptops don't show up on the network, some do, some won't see them selves and a few...