Windows 10: Weird perf issue manifests itself in wonky mouse

Discus and support Weird perf issue manifests itself in wonky mouse in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Since installing Win 10 RTM, I have some weird perf issues that manifest themselves in the mouse being erratic and hard to control. I move the mouse,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by jwoiton, Aug 12, 2015.

1. jwoiton Win User

Weird perf issue manifests itself in wonky mouse

Since installing Win 10 RTM, I have some weird perf issues that manifest themselves in the mouse being erratic and hard to control. I move the mouse, the cursor stays where it is. Then it moves a fraction of a inch in the direction I'd moved it. It does this for a while and then works fine for a while.

Doesn't seem to be app specific, though it's worse in a Chrome window or anything that's graphics-heavy like videos or games. I am using the MS Wireless Mouse 5000 because I need a wireless mouse (PC is ~6 feet away) but that distance never mattered before.

II am suspecting video driver, but I got the latest version from NVidia (GeForce GT 440) just after updating to Win 10. When I go to Task Manager (AWESOME update BTW!) CPU is <50%, RAM and HD util are moderate so I don't think it's resource starvation.

Any other thoughts? It's not just driving me nuts, it's making my PC unusable. I may just uninstall the NVidia driver to confirm my suspicion, but I'd rather work with it than without it.

:)

jwoiton, Aug 12, 2015
  2. Lisa vG Win User

copy & paste images or pictures problems in Windows 10

This problem manifested itself on my Surface, running in Tablet mode, after the Jubilee Edition update. Can't paste pictures in Mail sometimes, regardless if it is copied from Edge or Word.

This even also occurred after copying plain text from Word.

Whatever the type or source, when pasting in Mail, it sometimes just pastes nothing, or the text I copied previously from within Mail itself.

Weird, to experience a parallel clipboard... :-(

Lisa vG, Aug 12, 2015
  3. Nokia Lumia 920 not showing up on WIndows Phone app for WIn 8

Oh jeez, NEVERMIND. I shut the phone itself completely down. Plugged it in when off, then turned it on and it connected. That's kind of wonky, but at least its working now.

Ken1111111111111111111111, Aug 12, 2015
Thema:

Weird perf issue manifests itself in wonky mouse

1. Weird perf issue manifests itself in wonky mouse - Similar Threads - Weird perf issue

2. Wonky internet issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wonky internet issues: Whenever I use a public internet connection, I can access the internet like normal at first and then I can only access google sites. I use chrome but I have tried other browsers and it's the same thing. I've researched how to fix this for hours, have tried windows+S+cmd+admin...
  3. Wonky internet issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wonky internet issues: Whenever I use a public internet connection, I can access the internet like normal at first and then I can only access google sites. I use chrome but I have tried other browsers and it's the same thing. I've researched how to fix this for hours, have tried windows+S+cmd+admin...
  4. Mouse scrolling by itself

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse scrolling by itself: I don't know if I should ask this here since this should be all about Microsoft and windows and phone, but I'll ask anyway and if it's not okay please tell me that in answer so I can remove this question. Question is:Why is my mouse scrolling by itself? I was recently playing...
  5. Weird mouse stuttering issue?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird mouse stuttering issue?: Hi all, my old PC died so my girlfriend's dad mailed me one he had lying around, with an i7 920 in it. Totally clean install of Windows. So far it's been working perfectly fine, except the mouse stutters to the point of nigh unusability occasionally, and other times it runs...
  6. mouse resetting itself

mouse resetting itself: every time I restart or wake up PC from hibernate the wireless mouse settings seem to reset https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-resetting-itself/bb578417-d4ad-4b18-86e3-7f7e12383c98
  7. My Files Are Wonky?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My Files Are Wonky?: My computer is constantly telling me I have thousands of files in my one drive. I deleted what was showing. I also have Sims 4 with custom content. It went crazy, and now I can't delete a lot of files. It gives the delete option but nothing happens....
  8. Wonky keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wonky keyboard: The question mark key and the at sign on my Vostro3560 laptop now give the wrong symbols. This used to happen occasionally during a session and would correct with a restart, but now the problem is permanent. How can I get my keyboard back?...
  9. Weird issue with Windows not responding to mouse clicks

Weird issue with Windows not responding to mouse clicks: This was a small, non-issue previously; I would turn on my computer, login to Windows and sometimes I wouldn't be able to click anything on my taskbar. Hitting the Windows key on my keyboard fixed this. This happened before the anniversary update and changing GPU, but it...
  10. Weird Font Issue - Mouse Overs

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird Font Issue - Mouse Overs: I just set up a new Surface Book for a user, running Windows 10 Pro x64. Everything seems fine on the native display. I have him using the Surface Dock and two Dell 24" monitors. Everything looks great on these monitors except the mouse-over popups, such as mousing over a...