Windows 10: Weird popup appearing frequently

Discus and support Weird popup appearing frequently in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Does anyone know why does this "du.centennial" show up quite frequently on my desktop or have similar experience? I haven't been able to locate any... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by StefjordTodolli, Oct 24, 2018.

1. Weird popup appearing frequently

Does anyone know why does this "du.centennial" show up quite frequently on my desktop or have similar experience? I haven't been able to locate any processes running with any of those names. Could it be an add service running from within Windows? I would like to know if it is something I should worry about, so any help is appreciated.

Weird popup appearing frequently 949732a3-0a3b-4ff1-bdeb-3933d865f790?upload=true.png

:)

StefjordTodolli, Oct 24, 2018
  2. ahmd Win User

Weird memory popup in Windows 10

No. This doesn't do much. The way to go is what Bree suggested above via the GPO. That is how enterprise users deal with gimmicky stuff in Windows.

3. blueworld Win User
    File Explorer jump list doesn't consistently show location popups

Thanks for your reply.

Whatever "it" is exactly, all I know is, it does not behave consistently. This is so across multiple systems. Also, it isn't just recent items, but pinned items that fail to produce the popup on mouse over (when they should).

If the File Explorer setting you're referring to is "Show pop-up description for folder and desktop items," I already have that turned on.

Based on my tests, I tend to think this is a bug. Did you try reproducing it?

1. Right click File Explorer in taskbar to open the jump list.
    2. Mouse over any of the pinned or recent folders and see if the popup with the location path appears (as shown in the screenshot with the original post).
    3. If it does appear, close out of the jump list by left clicking anywhere outside of it.
    4. Repeat steps 1-3 until you find the popups not appearing. In my experience, it always occurs, even if not right away. And all too often when I need them most.

blueworld, Oct 24, 2018
  4. Weird popup appearing frequently

Jsssssssss, Oct 24, 2018
Thema:

Weird popup appearing frequently

1. Weird popup appearing frequently - Similar Threads - Weird popup appearing

2. MSN page frequently popup -Windows11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MSN page frequently popup -Windows11: Hi,MSN page frequently popping up after upgrading from Windows 10 to Windows11.Need help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msn-page-frequently-popup-windows11/3f0fea03-cd7d-47f8-88e4-dc4a3539c311
  3. MSN page frequently popup -Windows11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MSN page frequently popup -Windows11: Hi,MSN page frequently popping up after upgrading from Windows 10 to Windows11.Need help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msn-page-frequently-popup-windows11/3f0fea03-cd7d-47f8-88e4-dc4a3539c311
  4. BIOS Popup screen not appearing

in Windows 10 Support
    BIOS Popup screen not appearing: Sometimes the BIOS popup screen shows, sometimes it doesn't and i have no idea how to fix it. Please help! Thanks in advance! This is my version number btw - 19042.985. I know it doesn't really have anything to do with the bios, but it might help 179897
  5. Weird Popup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Weird Popup: [ATTACH]What is this about? It happened after I logged in and after I restarted my computer. It hasn't caused my any trouble yet though and everything seems to be working fine so far. Please help....
  6. Weird language appearing.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Weird language appearing.: Hey there, thanks for checking this out btw but i have sort of a bugg, some programs that i use are half english and half a diffren language i dont even know if its a language see pictures below I have never had this problem, is it maybe because i changed my font? Thanks...
  7. Since I installed my printer a weird popup keeps on appearing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Since I installed my printer a weird popup keeps on appearing: Yesterday before I setuped my printer correctly I tried to connect it to my PC and sent some files to print for testing. Since it wasn't setup correctly I had the following error message: [ATTACH] Now, even after I correctly setup my printer this popup keeps on appearing...
  8. Weird popup in the corner

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird popup in the corner: [img] Self-explanatory. It appears at random no matter what I'm doing on my computer. 133360
  9. Weird popups

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Weird popups: Hello Microsoft employees, I would like to inquiry about some strange popups I've been getting. Sometimes when I download an image I get a message saying index.jpg already exists. I know that they can be renamed to fix it but I want a more efficient way of doing this....
  10. Windows activation popup appears frequently after an update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows activation popup appears frequently after an update: Good day I have had Windows 10 installed on my device throughout the whole Windows Insider program, through which it was activated upon its release. I didn't have any problems until an update on March 3rd (I was on the Slow update cycle), when a big update, requiring several...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. du.centennial windows 10

2. du.centennial error

3. toasthandler

4. du.centennial://toasthandler,
  5. du.centennial,
  6. du.centennial file,
  7. dcu.centennial,
  8. dcu.centennial windows 10,
  9. dcu.centennial toasthandler popup,
  10. toasthandler error,
  11. dcu.centennial popup,