Windows 10: Weird potential issue after updating from Windows 7 regarding sound

Discus and support Weird potential issue after updating from Windows 7 regarding sound in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I have a program (an emulator) that before I updated to Windows 10, I think I lowered the volume in the volume mixer. After updating to Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/OzzieArcane, Dec 24, 2019.

1. Weird potential issue after updating from Windows 7 regarding sound

So I have a program (an emulator) that before I updated to Windows 10, I think I lowered the volume in the volume mixer. After updating to Windows 10 the audio for this program sounds really low even though the new volume mixer shows it at 100%

Is there some way that there could be a setting buried on the PC somewhere from the old Windows installation that could be effecting the volume?

submitted by /u/OzzieArcane
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/OzzieArcane, Dec 24, 2019

2. Weird issue with sounds

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand it can be quite annoying when you have to change audio settings frequently. The volume of the audio might reduce automatically, if Loudness Equalization is enabled in audio enhancements.

1. Is the issue specific to YouTube application?
    2. Since when are you facing this issue?

I suggest you to follow the methods mentioned below and check if that helps:

Method 1:
    Disable the Loudness Equalization from audio enhancements settings.

1. Right-click on the volume icon on the taskbar.
    2. Select Sounds option from the list.
    3. Click on the Playback tab.
    4. Now right-click on the Speakers and select
      Properties from the list.
    5. Click on the Enhancements tab.
    6. Uncheck Loudness Equalization option.

Also, change the option under communication tab from sound settings. Follow steps mentioned below:

1. Right-click on the volume icon on the taskbar.
    2. Select ‘Sounds’ option from the list.
    3. Now click on the ‘Communications’ tab.
    4. Select ‘Do nothing’ options from the list.

Method 2: If you still face the issue, we can try running the
    Audio Troubleshooter. Follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Tap on ‘Windows + I’ on the keyboard.
    2. Click on ‘Update & Security’ option.
    3. Select ‘Troubleshoot’ option.
    4. Now click on the ‘Playing Audio’ from the list and ‘Run the troubleshooter’.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Dec 24, 2019
  3. Issue with Windows 7 Gadgets

For some strange reason, my Windows 7 gadgets (Weather, GMail, etc) can no longer connect to the internet and update themselves. I have added both sidebar exe files (C : \Program Files and C : \Program Files x86) to the Windows Firewall Exceptions list. It is the same issue even when UAC is enabled. What could be causing this? Thanks for any help.

I also just realized that my Windows Update is not working as well, so that may be a related issue.

fire2havoc, Dec 24, 2019
  4. cdawall Win User

Weird potential issue after updating from Windows 7 regarding sound

Windows 8.1, and Why You Should Let Go of Windows 7

Weird same batch of steps I have. Mine however was fixing the issue for windows 8 users *Laugh :laugh:

cdawall, Dec 24, 2019
Thema:

Weird potential issue after updating from Windows 7 regarding sound

1. Weird potential issue after updating from Windows 7 regarding sound - Similar Threads - Weird potential issue

2. Regarding a potential BIOS problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Regarding a potential BIOS problem: So my mobile gpu works once more hurray! but the problem isn't resolved just yet because my network adapter isn't functioning now, on to the subject at hand is it really a BIOS problem? if it is then ill gladly restore it to the older version. may any tech experts tune into...
  3. Regarding a potential BIOS problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Regarding a potential BIOS problem: So my mobile gpu works once more hurray! but the problem isn't resolved just yet because my network adapter isn't functioning now, on to the subject at hand is it really a BIOS problem? if it is then ill gladly restore it to the older version. may any tech experts tune into...
  4. Regarding Issues after new windows updates

in Cortana
    Regarding Issues after new windows updates: I have done with the updating the system updates for windows 10 few days ago. But recently I have noticed that the any of the windows or Microsoft software typing box is not working. This happened with me after new updates. Even windows search, Cortana and any search box in...
  5. Regarding Issues after new windows updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Regarding Issues after new windows updates: I have done with the updating the system updates for windows 10 few days ago. But recently I have noticed that the any of the windows or Microsoft software typing box is not working. This happened with me after new updates. Even windows search, Cortana and any search box in...
  6. Regarding Issues after new windows updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Weird Windows 10 sound issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird Windows 10 sound issue: I posted questions elsewhere here the Settings section I think , but am getting no answers , so maybe I put them in the wrong location in the forums ... so I will try in this sectionA week ago , I went to a friends house to do a big game update on my desktop gaming PC , and...
  8. Weird Windows 10 sound issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Weird Windows 10 sound issue: I posted questions elsewhere here the Settings section I think , but am getting no answers , so maybe I put them in the wrong location in the forums ... so I will try in this sectionA week ago , I went to a friends house to do a big game update on my desktop gaming PC , and...
  9. Weird issue regarding network connection.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird issue regarding network connection.: So, I use my laptop on both ethernet and WiFi depending on where I am. In both scenarios, if I use it consistently, the network connection is flawless, as it should be. If I don't touch the laptop, the network connection continues to work perfectly too. But, if I move the...
  10. Weird issue with sounds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Weird issue with sounds: ok not sure if this is the right place to ask help for this, but as long as i've had windows 10 I've had this issue with youtube. when I'm listening to music on youtube, my youtube audio won't go over half even tho it's been set to 100% so basically it just makes the...