Windows 10: weird problem involving corrupted files. please help, i'm stumped.

Discus and support weird problem involving corrupted files. please help, i'm stumped. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; i have two main pc's. one is a z370 build and the other is a z97 build. both have a dual boot 7/10 os(10 is the 1809 build on both). i can run... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bulkchart32, Jul 23, 2019.

1. weird problem involving corrupted files. please help, i'm stumped.

i have two main pc's. one is a z370 build and the other is a z97 build. both have a dual boot 7/10 os(10 is the 1809 build on both). i can run sfc/scannow on both 7 and 10 on my z370 and no integrity violations are found. on the z97 build if i run sfc/scannow on 7 it's fine but 10 shows corruption. i tried a fresh install of 10, sfc/scannow, and everything is fine. then i install all updates and do another scan and i have corrupted files. did another install. same exact thing happened. tried 3 different drives(1 ssd, 1hdd, 1 brand new sandisk ssd), installed 10 on each and the same exact thing happens. i went into the bios and loaded optimized defualts, installed 10 fresh again, same exact thing still happens. ran memtest86 for about an hour and found no errors. i currently have memtest64 running for over an hour and no errors. what the heck is wrong with this thing? i'm a little stumped.

:)

bulkchart32, Jul 23, 2019

2. Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, Jul 23, 2019
  3. Is there a fix for this? Critical error involving Cortana.

Hi Mike,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

I suggest you to follow the below given methods and check if it fixes the issue.

Method 1:

This issue may happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow
    the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin)
      to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • In Command prompt type sfc/scannow and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.
    • In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.
    Method 2:

If issue persist, Kindly follow the below given steps and check if it helps:

Run these commands:

• Press Windows key and type Powershell in search, right click on it and Run as administrator.
    • Type the following command in Powershell and hit enter:

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope this information helps. Post back with updated issue details for further help.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Jul 23, 2019
  4. Senarium Win User

weird problem involving corrupted files. please help, i'm stumped.

Weird BSOD problem

Hi Everyone,

I have a weird BSOD problem which I cannot solve for a while(it persists still after upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7)

The main strange thing about this is that I get BSOD only after cold boot.
    So it acts like this:

1. start PC.
    2. Get to Windows Logo Screen
    3. BSOD
    4. Restart
    5. Get to menu where I can try to repair or Start NormallyIf I Choose Repair, it will fail to repair and will try to restoreIf I Choose Start Normally, it will start OK, no BSOD, can work normally, games, browse internet, everything is normal.6. Shutdown PC
    7. Next time when I start is all over again i.e. Go to Step 1

I have this problem for a while, so what I tried:
    1. Another Windows 7
    2. Another HDD
    3. Only HDD connected
    4. Changed RAM
    5. Tried with built in GPU
    6. Upgraded to Windows 10

Result is the same as above every time.

Please suggest what could be the cause.
    Logs collected with DM_Log_Collector, attached.

Thank you

PS. This thread is a continuation of this one: Frequent multiple errors BSOD. Solved - Windows 7 Help Forums the only thing changed is Windows 10 now. instead of Windows 7. If that helps somehow.

Senarium, Jul 23, 2019
Thema:

weird problem involving corrupted files. please help, i'm stumped.

1. weird problem involving corrupted files. please help, i'm stumped. - Similar Threads - weird problem involving

2. Please Help, Windows bug/corrupted files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Please Help, Windows bug/corrupted files: Hello, I got a new pc a while back but since then I encountered a windows bug, so what this bug did was that sometimes my windows button stops working, my mouse scroll wheel click doesn't work, I cannot right click on anything to get more options, it shows and then instantly...
  3. Corrupt files PLEASE HELP :

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Corrupt files PLEASE HELP :: Hello! I will get straight to the point! Windows Recovery found corrupt files But couldn’t fix some of themCannot install and Update files for Windows 10Disk drive cannot be accessed despite administrative privileges Attempted to access again through command prompt, disk...
  4. Corrupt files PLEASE HELP :

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Corrupt files PLEASE HELP :: Hello! I will get straight to the point! Windows Recovery found corrupt files But couldn’t fix some of themCannot install and Update files for Windows 10Disk drive cannot be accessed despite administrative privileges Attempted to access again through command prompt, disk...
  5. Corrupt files PLEASE HELP :

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Can't Delete Corrupted File??? Please help!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't Delete Corrupted File??? Please help!: I was messing around with a random file I had on my pc, it was an important file to the pc and the pc still functions fine. While i was messing around, I renamed it to have .zip at the end. It wasn't working anymore, so I just decided to delete it. It gave me the notification...
  7. Frequent BSOD - I'm stumped

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Frequent BSOD - I'm stumped: Hi all! New to the forum and I'm so glad I found it. I hope someone here can help me put an end to these BSODs! I've been chasing random frequent BSOD's for months! I have tried so many things to try to solve this, and I don't want to muddy the waters. I'll include some...
  8. I'm having a weird problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I'm having a weird problem: Hello, I'm experiencing a pretty strange problem that has never happened before. It first occurred about five days ago. Here's the issue: Whenever I start my computer after having turned it off, the the touchpad on my laptop isn't working properly. The best way to explain it...
  9. Im stumped, can anyonw else help please?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Im stumped, can anyonw else help please?: Wheb i boot my PC i get a CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED error, upon which windows restarts and puts me into recovery. I cant: boot into safe mode uninstall updates recover the system from a recovery point because it doesnt find any repair my files using DISM and sfc...
  10. I'm stumped

in Windows 10 Support
    I'm stumped: I have a HP laptop idk which model but it probably doesn't matter. Whenever I turn it on it takes at least an hour to boot then another hour to login. Then it just shows my desktop and I can't do anything except move my cursor can't click anything. I can Ctrl alt del tho but...