Windows 10: Weird problem--phantom mouse click coming out of standby

Discus and support Weird problem--phantom mouse click coming out of standby in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all. I upgraded to Win10 from 7 a few weeks ago and generally it has been pretty good. There were a few driver issues I have mostly sorted out,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by PDSF, Oct 12, 2015.

1. PDSF Win User

Weird problem--phantom mouse click coming out of standby

Hi all. I upgraded to Win10 from 7 a few weeks ago and generally it has been pretty good. There were a few driver issues I have mostly sorted out, including the touchpad driver, which I had to override with an older one since the one which came with Win10 would not remember settings after standby as described here. Now, coming out of standby, the desktop always shows a phantom right-click context menu. Simply clicking with either the touchpad or the left physical button won't make it go away. I have to move the cursor away from the menu and left-click with the button. I know this is just a little thing, but it is getting on my nerves. Anyone else having this or know of a working Win10 Synaptics touchpad driver?

:)

2. Lumia 1520 Screen Sensitivity

I came accross this problem from the Wikipedia page of the Lumia 1520. Rarely I experience these phantom touch issues. Everytime I had touched the phone after eating or touching something slimy/greasy. Lumias are very prone to have problems with the minimal
    amount of dirt on the glass surface. Every time my phone wants to go crazy, I set it to standby, clean the glass preferably with some water or alcohol, dry it, and it works fine afterwards. I personally loved Nokia, love Windows Phones but from the Lumia 900
    and on I have found their touch response to be a little weird compared to the HTCs I used to own, and the iPhones.

Israel Lopez PR51, Oct 12, 2015
  3. Saltgrass Win User
    Windows 10 Fall Creators Update Installed But Computer Won’t Resume Sleep/Wake

That is how modern standby works. Same with iTunes which will stop playing when the screen goes dark but Groove music will continue.

The system is supposed to come out of standby with the power key. A 2-in-1 system will come out of standby if in laptop configuration and you hit the space bar. Otherwise, if it is in a 2-in-1 configuration, you need the power key or an Active Pen.

I do not know about normal laptops since I have no experience... If you particular system does Modern Standby then it behaves differently that you are used to. The FCU has complicated an already misunderstood situation.

Saltgrass, Oct 12, 2015
Thema:

Weird problem--phantom mouse click coming out of standby

1. Weird problem--phantom mouse click coming out of standby - Similar Threads - Weird problem phantom

2. Mouse acting weird

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse acting weird: After a Windows update my mouse on my HP laptop is acting weird, is very laggy sometimes. It even freezes sometimes. I've tried almost every method that the experts posted on this forum and I still have the issue....
  3. Phantom mouse

Phantom mouse: Recently the mouse pad has a phantom mouse that prevents me from working...is there a permanent fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/phantom-mouse/27970ddf-5b06-4983-a336-6868bafc925d
  4. Left click mouse problem

Left click mouse problem: I'm having trouble with my mouse, it's a Mars Gaming MM5. The left click goes backwards no matter what function I give it. I tried switching the click to another button and doesn't give me that problem, instead the left button keeps doing it. Also tried to repair the local...
  5. Phantom mouse-clicks: driver problem?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Phantom mouse-clicks: driver problem?: At irregular intervals my Dell laptop breaks out in automatic mouse-clicks, a big disruption. They seem to be confined to a vertical band about a quarter of the way from the right edge of the screen, from top to bottom. I minimize the chaos by keeping open apps out of this...
  6. Weird mouse behavior

Weird mouse behavior: Hello. My mouse has started working very weird today (and not only this mouse, I have tried another one to see if it's just problem with this one). So to start: It clicks its scroll itself. Sometimes it's just fine and sometimes it just clicks it itself. It's really...
  7. Weird issue with Windows not responding to mouse clicks

Weird issue with Windows not responding to mouse clicks: This was a small, non-issue previously; I would turn on my computer, login to Windows and sometimes I wouldn't be able to click anything on my taskbar. Hitting the Windows key on my keyboard fixed this. This happened before the anniversary update and changing GPU, but it...
  8. Mouse Right Button Click Problem

Mouse Right Button Click Problem: Hi there, In the last couple of weeks I have a problem with my mouse right button (doesn't matter which mouse I use - Pad, USB, etc). When clicking on certain files, such as images, pdf, text files or ms-office files, instead of firing the menu, windows explorer resets...
  9. old Microsoft mouse, middle click problem

old Microsoft mouse, middle click problem: Hello, I've got an old Microsoft optical wheel mouse which I like very much, but it's middle-click function doesn't work right, apparently. I've got a program called "Ninjatrader 8" which trades the stock market (futures market, technically) and this software requires a...
  10. Mouse stops clicking , weird sound while moving

Mouse stops clicking , weird sound while moving: hi , new member so i have Microsoft mouse 5000 ad recently the mouse started acting weird like suddenly it won't click on anything and while i move it it makes a weird sound with heavy lag while the keyboard model 2000 works pefrectly i thought it was a problem with...