Windows 10: Weird problem - plugging in my charger makes my mouse scroll up!

Discus and support Weird problem - plugging in my charger makes my mouse scroll up! in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey guys! Having a weird problem I'm hoping you can help me with. I'm an amateur photographer. I'm often looking at large batches of thumbnails in a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/HoppersHawaiianShirt, Aug 2, 2020.

1. Weird problem - plugging in my charger makes my mouse scroll up!

Hey guys! Having a weird problem I'm hoping you can help me with.

I'm an amateur photographer. I'm often looking at large batches of thumbnails in a Windows explorer window. Every time I plug in my laptop (Acer Swift 3) the Windows explorer window instantly scrolls up to the top of the folder and I lose my place!

I have a loose charger port so this happens often. It only happens with Windows folders (not Microsoft Word or Google Chrome or anything else). It happens with a mouse plugged in or just the trackpad, and also when the trackpad is locked. I'm on the most up to date version of Windows 10.

I hope you guys can help me!

submitted by /u/HoppersHawaiianShirt
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/HoppersHawaiianShirt, Aug 2, 2020

2. Weird Auto Scroll

For some reason i'm suddenly having a strange issue with my mouse on Windows 10.

If I try and click on any Drop Down list box they automatically close, if I select all apps and move my mouse cursor over the apps it will quickly scroll to the bottom. if I turn my mouse off (it's a wifi mouse) the phenomenon will still occur.

I can use the mouse to drag the list of apps back to the top but as soon as I let go of the mouse button back down it goes.

Note: I just tried a drop down list in World of Warcraft and the problem does not exist.

i.e.

Chrome (this webpage) - I have to use a keyboard to select the options

Windows Apps - these auto scroll

World of Warcraft - No weird behaviour

DerrickHobson, Aug 2, 2020
  3. Carlo Fer Win User
    My mouse is scroll is not working correctly

Hello
    zakkey,

We would like to ask additional questions to isolate the issue and get the right solution for you. Please answer the following questions below:

• Did you notice any recent changes on your PC prior to the issue?
    • Have you tried using a different mouse and check if the issue still happens?

In the meantime, I suggest that you follow these steps to troubleshoot mouse issues.

1. Try unplugging the mouse and plugging it back in.
    2. Plug the mouse into a different USB port.
    3. Try the mouse on another computer to verify the issue is not hardware-related.

Hope this information helps. Feel free to post back if you need further assistance.

Carlo Fer, Aug 2, 2020
  4. Weird problem - plugging in my charger makes my mouse scroll up!

How do I change scroll direction of a mouse NOT listed under Mice?

I have a new computer (Dell) and have never before had a PC (Macs only). I connected my favorite mouse, a Logitech M325, and it's working in the normal way. But I want to change the scroll direction to Natural Scrolling - what I'm used to. I've followed the directions available online. Under Mice - Hardware in Control Panel, there's just one mouse listed, an HID-Compliant mouse. First, I assumed that was the one I was using, so I changed it. Turns out that applied to the wired mouse that came with the computer and its scroll direction was successfully changed, as I found out when I plugged it back in. So these directions would work with my computer, but my mouse just isn't showing up as an HID-compliant mouse in the Mice area. I think I found it though...listed as a keyboard. And keyboards don't appear to have a path with a numeric string where I could change the digit to reverse scrolling. I'd appreciate any suggestions on how to fix the scrolling - either how to get my mouse to show up in the Control Panel as a mouse, or a work-around. Thanks.

salishsong, Aug 2, 2020
Thema:

Weird problem - plugging in my charger makes my mouse scroll up!

1. Weird problem - plugging in my charger makes my mouse scroll up! - Similar Threads - Weird problem plugging

2. My Charger is Making weird Buzzing noises for 10 minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Charger is Making weird Buzzing noises for 10 minutes: My acer laptop charger was making a weird buzzing and crackle sounds for around 5-10 minutes and then randomly just stopped. It only did it when plugged into the laptop. It was also tested on many different outlets and had the same problem. I also had another charger for the...
  3. My Charger is Making weird Buzzing noises for 10 minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Charger is Making weird Buzzing noises for 10 minutes: My acer laptop charger was making a weird buzzing and crackle sounds for around 5-10 minutes and then randomly just stopped. It only did it when plugged into the laptop. It was also tested on many different outlets and had the same problem. I also had another charger for the...
  4. When plugging in my mouse problem.

When plugging in my mouse problem.: When I plug my mouse or clicking something with my mouse, it breaks taskbar and programs doesn't let me click them even when i do left click ,even my touchpad cant do anything, How can i fix this??...
  5. When plugging in my mouse problem.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    When plugging in my mouse problem.: When I plug my mouse or clicking something with my mouse, it breaks taskbar and programs doesn't let me click them even when i do left click ,even my touchpad cant do anything, How can i fix this??...
  6. When plugging in my mouse problem.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Mouse Scrolling up

Mouse Scrolling up: I recently updated to Windows 11 and when I alt+tab it gets stuck scrolling up in every window except the game I'm playing. It doesn't happen every time I alt+tab but it happens pretty often. I temporarily fix it by restarting my computer or logging out and back in. If anyone...
  8. my mouse is having a very weird problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my mouse is having a very weird problem: As i said in the title my mouse has a very weird problem and i dont really know who to describe. Example when i lauch a game roblox or valorant ect i click in an icon and it doesnt work its like my screen shows the icon there but it isnt there to click the icon i need to...
  9. my mouse is having a very weird problem

my mouse is having a very weird problem: As i said in the title my mouse has a very weird problem and i dont really know who to describe. Example when i lauch a game roblox or valorant ect i click in an icon and it doesnt work its like my screen shows the icon there but it isnt there to click the icon i need to...
  10. my charger is plugged in and its not charging

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my charger is plugged in and its not charging: my charger is plugged in and its not charging https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-charger-is-plugged-in-and-its-not-charging/61535f23-adba-4626-8ee3-a649fccfc4f6