Windows 10: weird problem with 2018 hp's freezing up in win10 1809

Discus and support weird problem with 2018 hp's freezing up in win10 1809 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have this weird problem with 2018 HP's (HP ProOne 600 G4 21.5-in Non-Touch AiO) in Windows 10 1809. Eventually, they can't launch any new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by js2010, Oct 23, 2019.

1. js2010 Win User

weird problem with 2018 hp's freezing up in win10 1809

I have this weird problem with 2018 HP's (HP ProOne 600 G4 21.5-in Non-Touch AiO) in Windows 10 1809. Eventually, they can't launch any new applications, and any kind of remote script launch hangs up (remote powershell, altiris). But after a reboot it's fine, but there's nothing special in the logs. I've tried bios update and windows update.

Sometimes this same model will bsod with "WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR", but no crash dump file is made. This could happen while sitting idle at the login screen.

:)

js2010, Oct 23, 2019
  2. Grzegorz Win User

Horrible problems with Win10 on HP EliteBook 2570p

I made a thorough description of my case in "freezes randomly" thread, as the freezing is the leading problem in my laptop. Just not to get lost in that very long thread, I am opening "my" thread *Wink Maybe someone has some hints (thank you JW0914 for the ones already provided) that would still help. Summarizing the battle:

1. 2570p got udated to Win10 crushing on the way.
    2. Clean install performed following the correct installation procedure lead to the point in which I had a system freezing in not more than 2 minutes after starting it.
    3. Updating the BIOS to the newest version improved the situation, as fter this update computer freezes once 15~20minutes
    4. Disconnecting Broadcom bluetooth card probably improved the situation still a little - it is freezing now randomly, no-problems-at-all slots are between 5 and 120 minutes
    5. Somewhere on the way of my battle I eliminated Aconis True Image which, despite compliance declaration, was apparently not working well with Win10
    6. As I know the other 2570p can work flawlessly with win10, I narrowed down the list of potential problems generators to the following:
    a. RAM
    b. SSD
    c. Ericsson broadband card
    d. WiFi Card
    (as only those postions vary between 2570p)
    Currently I replaced RAM with another on and will see if this is the case.
    7. Despite the freezes, SD reader apparently does not work under Win10. After sticking a card in it starts to think a long time, then an icon appears in "my computer" and in device manager (drives->Generic SD Card), but the card itself is inaccessible (like if it weren't formatted). Ocassionaly "My computer" window gets frozen, sometimes getting unfrozen once the card is stuck out. If I manage to connect to DiskManagement service without freezing, it shows SD without a partition (unallocated space). Nevertheless, on another machines this cards works perfectly.
    When restarting after SD-Card-related freeze, Windows behaves like if it was getting updated ("getting Windows ready" etc on the restart screen).
    I haven't googled anysolution to this and without the reader I loose my 250GB storage... *Sad
    8. Apparently Fingerprint reader neither works - it is listed as an unknown "Base System Device" in device manager. Google says it should work with a generic driver embedded in Win10, though...

In general - it seems that Win10 dislikes several things (old BIOSes, Broadcom devices, some software working well with 7, 8.0 and 8.1, SD cards readers, etc). Moreover, it simpy doesn't make me trust it, behaving in a strange way (several lags suggesting it probably does something "more important" in the background). I consider it a far bigger pain in the *** than Windows95 was, which is sad *Sad

Anyhow, if someone is familiar with working solution to any of my problems with Win10, please, let me know. I will most probably roll back to Win7 and forget Win10 existence by the moment Microsoft gives up supporting Windows 7, but I wouldn't mind being surprised with kinda panaceum to my problems *Wink

Grzegorz, Oct 23, 2019
  3. Senarium Win User
    Weird BSOD problem

Hi Everyone,

I have a weird BSOD problem which I cannot solve for a while(it persists still after upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7)

The main strange thing about this is that I get BSOD only after cold boot.
    So it acts like this:

1. start PC.
    2. Get to Windows Logo Screen
    3. BSOD
    4. Restart
    5. Get to menu where I can try to repair or Start NormallyIf I Choose Repair, it will fail to repair and will try to restoreIf I Choose Start Normally, it will start OK, no BSOD, can work normally, games, browse internet, everything is normal.6. Shutdown PC
    7. Next time when I start is all over again i.e. Go to Step 1

I have this problem for a while, so what I tried:
    1. Another Windows 7
    2. Another HDD
    3. Only HDD connected
    4. Changed RAM
    5. Tried with built in GPU
    6. Upgraded to Windows 10

Result is the same as above every time.

Please suggest what could be the cause.
    Logs collected with DM_Log_Collector, attached.

Thank you

PS. This thread is a continuation of this one: Frequent multiple errors BSOD. Solved - Windows 7 Help Forums the only thing changed is Windows 10 now. instead of Windows 7. If that helps somehow.

Senarium, Oct 23, 2019
  4. tigger Win User

HP inspiron g6 weird problem

Weird problem with a HP inspiron g6.
    It won't power on with just the battery or with the lead only. With the lead in, it flashes the battery light 3 times, the light next to the power socket comes on then goes off. It will power up with the lead in, but in windows there is no sign of it charging, and the HP support software says it is on the battery but it always stays on 100% also the battery light flashes all the time its running windows, which seems to be indicating low battery charge.

Any ideas guys?

tigger, Oct 23, 2019
Thema:

1. weird problem with 2018 hp's freezing up in win10 1809 - Similar Threads - weird problem 2018

2. Win10 weird shutdown problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win10 weird shutdown problem: Hey guys, I'm having this weird bug since a while. Everytime I press shut down nothing happens till 5-20 minutes later when it finally shows the shutdown screen. Did any of you encounter this or know how to fix it? I have the 64 bit educational version. Thanks in advance....
  3. Getting weird screen then freezes up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Getting weird screen then freezes up: My computer is less then 2 weeks old and I got this message that covered the whole page and wouldn't let me do anything, it said bbleaguez.club port 443 telling me to contact them at Microsoft I am not giving out my password please help...
  4. August 2018 update (1809)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    August 2018 update (1809): Hi, after trying to install an update in 3DMark I discovered that I have somehow missed the August 2018 1809 update! Windows update is telling me I am up to date, but I am currently on version 1803. I ran the update troubleshooter and it did say that it had found and...
  5. Weird pricing for TurboTAX 2018

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird pricing for TurboTAX 2018: So I need to buy TurboTAX Premier. Amazon lists the download for $70, but the CD with free shipping for only $55. Same on NewEgg. So I bought the CD from NewEgg. Duh.*Party Delivered in only four days. Anyone care to speculate on this pricing, which seems upside down to me....
  6. Weird problems after a fresh 1809 install.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Weird problems after a fresh 1809 install.: After a fresh Windows 10 Pro x64 install (1809 ISO from MS) I'm having some problems. My Microsoft account picture cannot be displayed on start menu or the account menu on settings and my Windows Store download speed is super slow, I can't update my Windows Store apps...
  7. Latest win10 1809 problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Latest win10 1809 problems: After installing latest win 10 1809 2 problems: Problem 1: something went wrong. we,re sorr but we can,t able to do that. Error code: code: 0x8000000b. problem 2: internet not working and only the airplane choice is available. Please advice. 121812
  8. After NEW (nov 2018) 1809 - WHATSAPP WEB problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    After NEW (nov 2018) 1809 - WHATSAPP WEB problem: I had already installed the first 1809 version and now I did a clean installation again for the new version, released in November 2018. The same problem occurs with the WhatsApp Web (using iphone 8 plus + Asus Rampage VI Extreme - 64Gb - X7900). Received videos play well but...
  9. Windows 10 stuck at hp logo after October 2018 1809 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 stuck at hp logo after October 2018 1809 update: Recently I updated my laptop to 1809 version. When my laptop restarts, it gets stuck at HP logo with white circle being stuck eventually and the fans go crazy loud as the laptop is burning hot. It's not a machine issue as I am updating core i7 8th gen 8805 processor with...
  10. Weird freezes

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird freezes: I hope it's correct board for post like that. First post, what a way to start! There we go: Whenever I leave my laptop be for a few minutes, it freezes. After minute, two, ten it unfreezes and works as nothing happened. Happens mostly when I turn on music in foobar2000...