Windows 10: Weird problem with monitor/Color management

Discus and support Weird problem with monitor/Color management in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello folks. Just two days ago I installed W10 and today I noticed a weird problem and I have no idea why is it happening. It's nothing serious but I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CarbonSoda, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Weird problem with monitor/Color management

Hello folks. Just two days ago I installed W10 and today I noticed a weird problem and I have no idea why is it happening. It's nothing serious but I like to have things working perfectly.

So first of all I noticed this problem just two hours ago, maybe it has happened before but I did not notice it then.

Everytime my computer is booting up Windows, the monitor (U2414H) goes black for a few seconds. Then when I open up Windows color management it tells me this "The devices page has been refreshed due to a hardware change". The window actually pops up twice for some reason.

Nothing changes, but it's pretty annoying, something must not be working right. I have no idea whether it's a driver problem, or it could also be graphics card related but it had never happened on W8.1.

Things I tried: Installing monitor drivers (latest are from 2013 and the only thing they do is making device manager recognize the monitor's name instead of "Generic PnP monitor"), re-installing GPU drivers (I'm on latest 353.62), installing older drivers (353.30). This issue did not happen when the drivers were uninstalled though, system booted up just fine without any black screens.

Hope you guys can help me.

:)

CarbonSoda, Jul 31, 2015
  2. Rohn007 Win User

Yellow tint after Win 10 update

OK, there are 2 other possibilities. Recent updates have created problems with video drivers. But that tended more to image distortion than color issues.

Another problem a few people noted was that an update replaced their monitor color calibration / color profile. Look in In settings > Advanced display Settings > Color management or Color calibration you can adjust the color display.

This page talks about doing monitor color calibration and ending up with a yellow and dim display:

Monitor calibration and gamma

Here is another article talking about monitor adjustment and color profiles

https://www.color-management-guide.com/monitor-...

You can try going to the monitor maker site and see if they have a standard color profile that you can download. This article tells how to get the profile

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-configure-co...

Rohn007, Jul 31, 2015
  3. Monitor Color Calibration keeps resetting

Hello, I have an acer SA230 and have been trying to fix the monitor's color for 3 hours now. Normally, when a monitor is off color, I would simply go to the color management window and calibrate the monitor. However, every time I finish calibrating the
    monitor, the moment I click outside any color management window, the calibration resets and the monitor is again off color. I have tried reloading the ICC profile in the color management window and setting the profile as the default both locally and system
    wide, and still the monitor resets its color whenever i click outside the color management window. I have already reinstalled the drivers and have gone as far as disabling driver signature checks in order to do so. I'm not entirely sure what else could be
    done at this point other than returning the monitor.

Octillerysnacker, Jul 31, 2015
  4. SamosIMP Win User

Weird problem with monitor/Color management

I'm having a similar issue with my monitor which is a DELL SP2208WFP connected through HDMI. I was using photoshop and noticed the grey colors look like brown. Had that issue before so it tipped me off to a problem with the color profiles which would need to be changed.

So I went to color management and the only devices there were printers, my monitor was not listed. Went to the Device Manager and my monitor is for some reason listed as disabled. I go ahead and enable it with the color management window open and that message "The devices page has been refreshed due to a hardware change" pops up. Everything seems to be fine but whenever I restart.. my monitor is once again disabled in the device manager.

I think whats happening with your machine is the same thing happening with mine but your monitor just automatically enables every time you restart without you having to go into the device manager and re-enable it like I do. Just updated from windows 7 to windows 10 like a day ago. May have to go back.

SamosIMP, Aug 1, 2015
  5. SamosIMP Win User
    Ok now my monitor stays enabled in the device manager but I get the same duplicate messages you do when i open up color management..

SamosIMP, Aug 1, 2015
  6. Seems to be a problem with Dell monitors/W10. I also tried HDMI instead of DisplayPort (which was what I was originally using) and it did the same thing. Pretty annoying although colors have not changed in my case.

CarbonSoda, Aug 1, 2015
  7. Done a clean install and the issue still persists. Might have something to do with W10. I also noticed tons of "Setup Device Manager" on Event Viewer and I'm not the only one getting them, I would actually like to know if anyone else is getting them. Event ID's are 200, 131, 201, 202. Also getting ReadyBoot errors, for some unknown reason, hell I didn't even know what ReadyBoot was a couple of hours ago. All in all pretty disappointed but I guess that's what I get for being an early adopter. Let's hope they fix all of this soon enough.

CarbonSoda, Aug 3, 2015
  8. mhk1058 Win User

Got the same issue since updating to W10. I'm sure I've had it before but can't remember how I sorted it. I use a Dell wide gamut monitor and regularly colour profile it. Using the my own clour profile causes the problem. I've also noticed that this colour profile doesn't load when I restart, which is a real pain having to reset the profile every time.

I'll keep looking but if anyone else finds the answer first I'd be very grateful

mhk1058, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Weird problem with monitor/Color management - Similar Threads - Weird problem monitor

2. Colors Are Weird

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Colors Are Weird: Hello. Today i turned on my laptop and saw that the screen is slowly fading to white . and after sometime the white screen will go and everything works fine but the colors are reversed of some sort. here`s the screenshot . by the way , if its normal in the screenshot im sorry...
  3. Colors Are Weird

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Colors Are Weird: Hello. Today i turned on my laptop and saw that the screen is slowly fading to white . and after sometime the white screen will go and everything works fine but the colors are reversed of some sort. here`s the screenshot . by the way , if its normal in the screenshot im sorry...
  4. Colors Are Weird

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Weird colors on programs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird colors on programs: [ATTACH] Hey there. I hope someone can help me with this as I've been having this issue for quite a while now. I'm not sure what it is and how to describe it, hence limited trouble shooting on my own, and why I am asking you guys for help. It happens very often in all...
  6. Color Management

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Color Management: color management; my printer will copy a colored page but the colored pages in the applications print only black and white. How to I set my color management back to color? The provision for setting it to color small tick box is even absent from the sending it back setup...
  7. Taskbar weird color

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar weird color: [ATTACH]I booted up my desktop this morning and for some reason everything exept from my background and settings has changed to this weird color. pls help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-weird-color/05367b98-6ca0-4c21-9c3f-c4976fb7b3de
  8. color management

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    color management: I asked this question a few days ago and cannot find the response (sorry) I have a laptop monitor and I have a slave monitor so I can see my photos in a larger format. They do not seem to be syncing screen color density. Any ideas for adjustment? Felicia...
  9. Color Management

Color Management: I have an NVidia GTX 1070 graphics card and have two 4K displays and the 3rd video output connected to a video capture card. The color profile for the monitors is created from calibration. The 3rd display (capture card) does not show an ICC profile. What happens when I play a...
  10. Color Management

Color Management: I have an NVidia GTX 1070 graphics card and have two 4K displays and the 3rd video output connected to a video capture card. The color profile for the monitors is created from calibration. The 3rd display (capture card) does not show an ICC profile. What happens when I play a...