Windows 10: weird problem with RDP to Windows 10 - blank screen after minimizing

Discus and support weird problem with RDP to Windows 10 - blank screen after minimizing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I have a laptop & desktop - both running Windows 10 Pro latest. I daily RDP from my laptop to Desktop for last few years and no issues at all.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by nir2014, Mar 14, 2019.

1. nir2014 Win User

weird problem with RDP to Windows 10 - blank screen after minimizing

Hello,

I have a laptop & desktop - both running Windows 10 Pro latest. I daily RDP from my laptop to Desktop for last few years and no issues at all.

Today I find this weird problem where I'm able to RDP to my desktop but if I minimize the RDP window (or keep it idle for few seconds) then it displays blank screen. I then have to close the RDP window and reconnect to see the Remote desktop display.

The only change I remember is this month's windows updates. Did anyone experience this issue? please advise how to fix it.

I checked the RDP settings (which were never changed) and made sure "persistent bitmap caching" checked under "Experience" tab.

Thanks!

:)

nir2014, Mar 14, 2019

2. Blank Screen

Hi Virginia,

Conflicts with third-party software and outdated graphic drivers are common contributors to the black screen issue that you're having. To isolate the said issue, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Are you getting any error messages before getting a blank screen?
    • Are you experiencing this when using a particular app?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer settings prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you refer to this
    article
    which talks about the steps you can take to resolve blank screen errors.

We'll wait for your response and assist you accordingly.

Angela Pun, Mar 14, 2019
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Mar 14, 2019
  4. Senarium Win User

Weird BSOD problem

Hi Everyone,

I have a weird BSOD problem which I cannot solve for a while(it persists still after upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7)

The main strange thing about this is that I get BSOD only after cold boot.
    So it acts like this:

1. start PC.
    2. Get to Windows Logo Screen
    3. BSOD
    4. Restart
    5. Get to menu where I can try to repair or Start NormallyIf I Choose Repair, it will fail to repair and will try to restoreIf I Choose Start Normally, it will start OK, no BSOD, can work normally, games, browse internet, everything is normal.6. Shutdown PC
    7. Next time when I start is all over again i.e. Go to Step 1

I have this problem for a while, so what I tried:
    1. Another Windows 7
    2. Another HDD
    3. Only HDD connected
    4. Changed RAM
    5. Tried with built in GPU
    6. Upgraded to Windows 10

Result is the same as above every time.

Please suggest what could be the cause.
    Logs collected with DM_Log_Collector, attached.

Thank you

PS. This thread is a continuation of this one: Frequent multiple errors BSOD. Solved - Windows 7 Help Forums the only thing changed is Windows 10 now. instead of Windows 7. If that helps somehow.

Senarium, Mar 14, 2019
Thema:

1. weird problem with RDP to Windows 10 - blank screen after minimizing - Similar Threads - weird problem RDP

2. Blank profile after RDP to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blank profile after RDP to Windows 11: Hi,I have Windows 11 PRO workstation. Works perfect......except after I connect to it via RDP. It looks like this:1. I use PIN to ligin localy to this Workstation. Always just PIN.2. Then I login via RDP to this Workstation, and RDP client asks for Username and Pass. I give...
  3. Blank profile after RDP to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blank profile after RDP to Windows 11: Hi,I have Windows 11 PRO workstation. Works perfect......except after I connect to it via RDP. It looks like this:1. I use PIN to ligin localy to this Workstation. Always just PIN.2. Then I login via RDP to this Workstation, and RDP client asks for Username and Pass. I give...
  4. Weird RDP behavior in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird RDP behavior in Windows 11: Hi,what's wrong with RDP in Windows 11? I've never had so many problems with RDP in all computers together, than now with one single Windows 11 PC. I have service PC, which is always on for RDP purposes, so I can login remotely from field. Upgraded it to Windows 11 and I...
  5. weird problem after updating windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    weird problem after updating windows 10: hello there, i updated windows to the version KB5009543 earlier in february. after the update, my computer started to load the desktop very slowlyaround 30 minutes, and action center control would not load for even longersup to 2 hours after login. this issue resolved itself...
  6. weird problem after updating windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    weird problem after updating windows 10: hello there, i updated windows to the version KB5009543 earlier in february. after the update, my computer started to load the desktop very slowlyaround 30 minutes, and action center control would not load for even longersup to 2 hours after login. this issue resolved itself...
  7. Blank screen problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blank screen problem: Yesterday, I was using my laptop and it was working perfectly. But suddenly it hanged and I removed it's battery to restart it. As it restarted, it doesn't show me acer logo nor windows logo, just a blank screen. I thought it is over with the laptop, but I heard windows...
  8. Blank screen and weird sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blank screen and weird sound: Hello! My windows desktop is making a weird sound and the screen says “Press the ESC key” I tried to fix it and now it’s a blank screen, is there a way to fix this? at first it was BIOS ssettings i tried to fix it but now its just a complrety blank screen...
  9. Remote desktop connection with a blank screen after minimized window.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Remote desktop connection with a blank screen after minimized window.: I can connect to the remote desktop as usual and do what I need to do. However, when I minimized the remote desktop screen (still connected) and do something else, then switching back to the remote desktop screen, I can only see blank screen. In this case, no matter how...
  10. weird problem with RDP to Windows 10 - blank screen after minimizing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    weird problem with RDP to Windows 10 - blank screen after minimizing: Hello, I have a laptop & desktop - both running Windows 10 Pro latest. I daily RDP from my laptop to Desktop for last few years and no issues at all. Today I find this weird problem where I'm able to RDP to my desktop but if I minimize the RDP window (or keep it idle for...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 rdp sessions black after minimizing 2019

2. windows 10 pro rdp is black after minimizing

3. rdp to windows 10 blank screen after minimizing