Windows 10: weird problem with RDP to Windows 10 - blank screen after minimizing

Discus and support weird problem with RDP to Windows 10 - blank screen after minimizing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I have a laptop & desktop - both running Windows 10 Pro latest. I daily RDP from my laptop to Desktop for last few years and no issues at all.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by nir2014, Mar 14, 2019.

1. nir2014 Win User

weird problem with RDP to Windows 10 - blank screen after minimizing

Hello,

I have a laptop & desktop - both running Windows 10 Pro latest. I daily RDP from my laptop to Desktop for last few years and no issues at all.

Today I find this weird problem where I'm able to RDP to my desktop but if I minimize the RDP window (or keep it idle for few seconds) then it displays blank screen. I then have to close the RDP window and reconnect to see the Remote desktop display.

The only change I remember is this month's windows updates. Did anyone experience this issue? please advise how to fix it.

I checked the RDP settings (which were never changed) and made sure "persistent bitmap caching" checked under "Experience" tab.

Thanks!

:)

nir2014, Mar 14, 2019

2. Blank Screen

Hi Virginia,

Conflicts with third-party software and outdated graphic drivers are common contributors to the black screen issue that you're having. To isolate the said issue, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Are you getting any error messages before getting a blank screen?
    • Are you experiencing this when using a particular app?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer settings prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you refer to this
    article
    which talks about the steps you can take to resolve blank screen errors.

We'll wait for your response and assist you accordingly.

Angela Pun, Mar 14, 2019
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Mar 14, 2019
  4. Senarium Win User

Weird BSOD problem

Hi Everyone,

I have a weird BSOD problem which I cannot solve for a while(it persists still after upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7)

The main strange thing about this is that I get BSOD only after cold boot.
    So it acts like this:

1. start PC.
    2. Get to Windows Logo Screen
    3. BSOD
    4. Restart
    5. Get to menu where I can try to repair or Start NormallyIf I Choose Repair, it will fail to repair and will try to restoreIf I Choose Start Normally, it will start OK, no BSOD, can work normally, games, browse internet, everything is normal.6. Shutdown PC
    7. Next time when I start is all over again i.e. Go to Step 1

I have this problem for a while, so what I tried:
    1. Another Windows 7
    2. Another HDD
    3. Only HDD connected
    4. Changed RAM
    5. Tried with built in GPU
    6. Upgraded to Windows 10

Result is the same as above every time.

Please suggest what could be the cause.
    Logs collected with DM_Log_Collector, attached.

Thank you

PS. This thread is a continuation of this one: Frequent multiple errors BSOD. Solved - Windows 7 Help Forums the only thing changed is Windows 10 now. instead of Windows 7. If that helps somehow.

Senarium, Mar 14, 2019
Thema:

1. weird problem with RDP to Windows 10 - blank screen after minimizing - Similar Threads - weird problem RDP

2. Remote desktop connection with a blank screen after minimized window.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Remote desktop connection with a blank screen after minimized window.: I can connect to the remote desktop as usual and do what I need to do. However, when I minimized the remote desktop screen (still connected) and do something else, then switching back to the remote desktop screen, I can only see blank screen. In this case, no matter how...
  3. weird problem with RDP to Windows 10 - blank screen after minimizing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    weird problem with RDP to Windows 10 - blank screen after minimizing: Hello, I have a laptop & desktop - both running Windows 10 Pro latest. I daily RDP from my laptop to Desktop for last few years and no issues at all. Today I find this weird problem where I'm able to RDP to my desktop but if I minimize the RDP window (or keep it idle for...
  4. Blank Screen after Restore Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blank Screen after Restore Windows 10: So I was having problems with my laptop and did a System Restore to nearly a month ago when a critial update took place. Maybe 2-3 hours it took then I was met with a blank screen and only the cursor swapping to the timer every few seconds. I reset it today and met with the...
  5. Blank screen after login - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Blank screen after login - Windows 10: I have a laptop that I have reloaded windows10 six time. I finally got to the sign in screen but after I sign in I get a blank screen....
  6. RDP Problems

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    RDP Problems: We are going back to using a machine again that we previously used for RDP connections. It was win 7 now win 10, it worked perfectly before. The RDP port had been changed from 3389 ( multiple machines one external ip). We have the correct firewall settings I can telnet to the...
  7. Weird screen lines after black screen transition problem

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Weird screen lines after black screen transition problem: Hello everyone, Sometime ago i made a thread on this forum about my monitor sometimes showing ''no signal'' after cold pc boot. (monitor on first, then booting pc, no signal, hard reset pc and it worked). I got around this by first booting up my screen, wait for the logo...
  8. Win10 Blank Screen Problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 Blank Screen Problem: I recent performed a clean Win10 reset, and since then, it's gripped with a very weird and annoying problem. Every time I install ANY software, at the end of the installation the screen goes blank for 3-4 seconds (as if my monitor looses connection) and then resumes....
  9. Problems with Start Screen blank

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems with Start Screen blank: Just installed build 10586 and get an error c:/programdata/microsoft/windows/startmenu/programs/desktop.ink parameter is incorrect. this came up after the upgrade was completed. cannot switch back and forth using the windows key also. Under programs there is no folder...
  10. Blank screen after Windows 10 logo.

in Windows 10 Support
    Blank screen after Windows 10 logo.: Hello, So, I was playing a game (Heroes of the Storm) with Firefox running in the background with a YouTube video paused in it. My PC specs: AMD FX-8350 AMD 7850 2GB Graphics (Gigabyte) 12 GB RAM 500 GB SSD 2 × 1 TB HDD Dual Monitor Setup (1 - 1920 × 1080, 2 -...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 rdp sessions black after minimizing 2019

2. windows 10 pro rdp is black after minimizing

3. rdp to windows 10 blank screen after minimizing