Windows 10: Weird problem with software/games installation

Discus and support Weird problem with software/games installation in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have an annoying problem with the installation of all software or games that involved a decompression of big archives .bin, but also with the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Riccardo Urban, Oct 12, 2021.

1. Weird problem with software/games installation

I have an annoying problem with the installation of all software or games that involved a decompression of big archives .bin, but also with the extraction of files divided into multiple parts .rar. In this problem always arise an error that stops the installation, for example:- corrupted archive error where the archive is for sure not damaged because it works in another pc;- Unarc.dll & ISDone.dll error -8 with games;- Error during extraction of .bin files;- %temp% folder is not accessible.My configuration is:- O.S: Windows 10 pro-SSD: 500 GB Samsung 980 pro-Motherboard: Gigabyte z

:)

Riccardo Urban, Oct 12, 2021
  2. Depth Win User

Install Diablo 3 on Linux

Just install PlayOnLinux? Why did they make step 2 and 3 of this "tutorial"?

Anyway, looking at the supported software list for PlayOnLinux, D3 is a step in the right direction. Lack of gaming is a factor for a lot of people when deciding on an OS, if more recent games get ported it may help migrate them to their preferred choice.

Depth, Oct 12, 2021
  3. Problem with games on Win 10

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I would suggest you to install the game in compatibility mode and check if that helps.
    Follow these steps to install the game software in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Right-click on the game setup file and click on
            ‘properties’.

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
            ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Oct 12, 2021
  4. Weird problem with software/games installation

installing a game

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.
    We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

Please try the steps given below and check if the issue persists:

Step 1:

I suggest you to right click on the game and try to run as administrator and check.

Step 2: if that doesn't help I suggest you to install game in compatibility mode and check:

Follow the steps below on how to install game in compatibility mode:

1. Download the game from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the game and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the game install and then check the functionality.

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

Venkatesh1709, Oct 12, 2021
Thema:

Weird problem with software/games installation

1. Weird problem with software/games installation - Similar Threads - Weird problem software

2. Software installation problem.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Software installation problem.: Hi.I’m looking for some help with a weird issue I am currently having installing some software.I have 2 installer packages for the same software, Bartender Ultralite, one is version 9.4 and the other is version 10.1.I have successfully installed both versions on a Lenovo PC...
  3. Install Software Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Install Software Problem: Hi, I'm using Windows 11. I'm trying to install the Canon Easy-PhotoPrint Editor Ver.1.6.5 software. When I installed something in the past I would see the message below but part of the message was continue to install. But now there isn't a option to install. How can I...
  4. Weird problem with software/games installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird problem with software/games installation: I have an annoying problem with the installation of all software or games that involved a decompression of big archives .bin, but also with the extraction of files divided into multiple parts .rar. In this problem always arise an error that stops the installation, for...
  5. Weird problem with software/games installation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Weird problem with software/games installation: I have an annoying problem with the installation of all software or games that involved a decompression of big archives .bin, but also with the extraction of files divided into multiple parts .rar. In this problem always arise an error that stops the installation, for...
  6. installing problem in a software

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    installing problem in a software: i'm not able to install the Typing Master in my laptop as it is showing "English Language not found" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installing-problem-in-a-software/f1349c12-be3d-4810-9fcc-87dd0079b388
  7. Software Installation Problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Software Installation Problem: Some setting on my computer is preventing a third party tax software from installing. The file downloads to my hard disk but will not proceed with installation. Any suggestions are welcome....
  8. Software installation problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Software installation problem: I just purchased a new Surface Pro X with 64-bit ARM operating system whatever that means and purchased a drawing software package online Virtual Architect Pro that I downloaded. Near the end of the installation, I got an error message from the InstallAware Wizard...
  9. Software installation problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Software installation problems: I have had a problem installing one piece of software. I thought the issue was with the product but now I've had exactly the same error message. It says there is not enough disc space yet there are 470Gb free space. Can anyone help please? Thanks 120600
  10. Software installation problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Software installation problems: I have had a problem installing one piece of software. I thought the issue was with the product but now I've had exactly the same error message. It says there is not enough disc space yet there are 470Gb free space. Can anyone help please? Thanks 120600