Windows 10: weird problem with TV display connected by an HDMI cable using an windows 11 laptop.

Discus and support weird problem with TV display connected by an HDMI cable using an windows 11 laptop. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; hi-Opening screen , Youtube video are fine. However, opening up a PDF file or a word document or an excel spread sheet or a link like this support... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Sam555altn, May 24, 2024.

1. weird problem with TV display connected by an HDMI cable using an windows 11 laptop.

hi-Opening screen , Youtube video are fine. However, opening up a PDF file or a word document or an excel spread sheet or a link like this support forum - display is screwed up in the sense- Black & white characters all appear BLUE on TV....but Laptop screen display is fine and is in Black & white. Help please ..Thx

:)

Sam555altn, May 24, 2024
  2. aReply4u Win User

How to connect HDMI cable from lap top to tv

Forum helper

OoPs,.! Need to be faster. Joking..! Check out this answer too

The solution below, was copy+Paste : From a Google search result

How do I connect my laptop to my TV using HDMI?

To connect a laptop to a TV:

1. Locate the HDMI port on the laptop and the HDMI port on the TV. ...
    2. Connect one end of the HDMI cable to the laptop.
    3. Connect the other end of the HDMI cable to the TV.
    4. Using your TV remote, switch the Input to HDMI and start streaming

Also, posted these steps, from an HP = Hewlett-Packard PCs article

Link : https://www.hp.com/in-en/shop/tech-takes/

post/how-to-connect-laptop-to-tv

@@@@@@@@222%%%%%%%%&&&&&&&@@@@@@

A word of advice : Becareful with these connections : it has been reported

to these forums. That some desktop-Laptops, suffering a display

"Zoom in - or - Zoom out" creating problems : To return to normal screen

-----------------------------------------------------

aReply4u, May 24, 2024
  3. Unable to connect TV with HDMI cable from the laptop error didn't detect another display.

Hi Laikenmalgas,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community Forums.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

I can understand the situation must be difficult for you when the system doesn't work as it should.

1. What is the make and model of the laptop and the TV?
    2. Are you aware of any changes made to the laptop or the TV prior to this issue?
    3. Are you able to connect to a different TV using the same HDMI cable from the same laptop?
    4. Are you able to connect to the same TV from a different laptop?

Suggest you to follow the suggestion provided by ‘Pawan
    Dhondiyal’ from this thread
    to check if that makes any difference.

Hope this helps and let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, May 24, 2024
  4. MATTHEW60 Win User

weird problem with TV display connected by an HDMI cable using an windows 11 laptop.

Display will not show on startup when connected to TV by HDMI cable in windows 8.1.

Hello.

Have the following problem with windows 8.1. I connect

my laptop that is running windows 8.1 to my TV by HDMI cable and it works fine, but on startup have problems my laptop will boot up fine but no display, so I unplug the HDMI cable from my TV and as so as I do this the display come on, connect the laptop to
    my TV again and my laptop display flash off and then back on and screen appears on my TV. have download and installed all the updates for windows 8.1.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Matthew

MATTHEW60, May 24, 2024
Thema:

weird problem with TV display connected by an HDMI cable using an windows 11 laptop.

1. weird problem with TV display connected by an HDMI cable using an windows 11 laptop. - Similar Threads - weird problem display

2. weird problem with TV display connected by an HDMI cable using an windows 11 laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    weird problem with TV display connected by an HDMI cable using an windows 11 laptop.: hi-Opening screen , Youtube video are fine. However, opening up a PDF file or a word document or an excel spread sheet or a link like this support forum - display is screwed up in the sense- Black & white characters all appear BLUE on TV....but Laptop screen display is fine...
  3. Not able to connect Windows 11 Laptop with Sony Bravia X80J Tv using HDMI cable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to connect Windows 11 Laptop with Sony Bravia X80J Tv using HDMI cable: Hi, I have Lenovo Legion 5 Pro. 12th Gen IntelR CoreTM i7-12700H 2.30 GHz, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11, Nvidia RTX 3060, 2K Scree Resolution And Sony Bravia 43inch X80J 4K Tv. https://www.sony.co.in/electronics/televisions/x80j-series/specifications Firstly if we talk about the...
  4. Not able to connect Windows 11 Laptop with Sony Bravia X80J Tv using HDMI cable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not able to connect Windows 11 Laptop with Sony Bravia X80J Tv using HDMI cable: Hi, I have Lenovo Legion 5 Pro. 12th Gen IntelR CoreTM i7-12700H 2.30 GHz, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11, Nvidia RTX 3060, 2K Scree Resolution And Sony Bravia 43inch X80J 4K Tv. https://www.sony.co.in/electronics/televisions/x80j-series/specifications Firstly if we talk about the...
  5. Connecting PC and TV by HDMI cable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Connecting PC and TV by HDMI cable: I connected ny computer to the smart TV by a HDMI cable in order to see content on the TV screen. I see the on the TV screen the bottom applications line but not the screen itself....
  6. Connecting my laptop to my tv using HDMI cable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Connecting my laptop to my tv using HDMI cable: have connected my tv to my laptop using a hdmi cable. the picture goes to my tv fine but not the sounds. I was messing around with the sound settings as Icould not get sound just out of my laptop but could get sound through my tv. Now I can only get sound through the laptop...
  7. connecting a TV with HDMI cable to hp laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    connecting a TV with HDMI cable to hp laptop: Every time I try to connect my dual boot HP Pavilion laptop running Windows 10 N Version 1809 to my Vizio E420i-B0 TV my laptop crashes. When I make the hdmi connection via Linux Lite 3.6 the TV connects without a problem. Is it the N 10 1809 version of Windows that's the...
  8. problem with connecting TV using HDMI cable

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    problem with connecting TV using HDMI cable: My HDIM connect used to work fine but now I am unable to connect my TV using HDMI cable from my laptop. I receive an error message saying that it cannot detect another display...
  9. Connect Laptop to TV using VGA- HDMI cable

in Windows 10 Customization
    Connect Laptop to TV using VGA- HDMI cable: Hi, I am using Dell Vostro 3466 and it doesnt have HDMI port so I am using VGA to HDMI port. I am trying to connect it with my smart tv but it says no signal. My laptop display has been destroyed and I can barely see whats on it. Please suggest shortcuts or work arounds...
  10. connecting laptop with windows 10 to tv with HDMI cable

in Windows 10 Customization
    connecting laptop with windows 10 to tv with HDMI cable: I'm trying to view my laptop (Windows 10) to my tv. The settings menu says it doesn't detect another display. What am I doing wrong? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connecting-laptop-with-windows-10-to-tv-with-hdmi/54f4c9c6-91e2-4a0b-916c-825410a42125