Windows 10: Weird problems after a fresh 1809 install.

Discus and support Weird problems after a fresh 1809 install. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After a fresh Windows 10 Pro x64 install (1809 ISO from MS) I'm having some problems. My Microsoft account picture cannot be displayed on start menu... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Andre.Franco, Dec 13, 2018.

1. Weird problems after a fresh 1809 install.

After a fresh Windows 10 Pro x64 install (1809 ISO from MS) I'm having some problems.

My Microsoft account picture cannot be displayed on start menu or the account menu on settings and my Windows Store download speed is super slow, I can't update my Windows Store apps properly.

That's the first time I'm having those issues and I'm pretty confident the problem it's not on my end. I just called my ISP and everything seems fine.

I tried the MS Accounts Troubleshooter with no luck (cannot sync or connect to internet) and I tried to clean the MS Store cache with no luck either.

Thanks in advance.

:)

Andre.Franco, Dec 13, 2018

2. ATI Radeon HD 6950 - FPS Problems

500mhz under 3d? wow that is an strange problem. and in 2d does it goes to 250?

Anyway I would suggest doing this if not tried: driver resets to default *Smile Weird problems after a fresh 1809 install. :) this solve a few problem for me in the past.

ChristTheGreat, Dec 13, 2018
  3. PC goes into black screen and froze

Yeah I'm pretty sure that's not a software related issue which is why I was suggesting that you remove the video card to start with since it's such an easy process of elimination step.

I'm not familiar with AMD CPUs, I did see that you had listed in your system specs but I had no idea whether or not it has an iGPU

Is there any possibility of you being able to get your hands on any compatible video card at all?it would be the easiest step to try to troubleshoot or at least one of the easier ones. You should be able to get into the bios without anything but A display cable hooked up to the motherboard

jboydgolfer, Dec 13, 2018
  4. Weird problems after a fresh 1809 install.

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Dec 13, 2018
Thema:

Weird problems after a fresh 1809 install.

1. Weird problems after a fresh 1809 install. - Similar Threads - Weird problems fresh

2. Fresh Windows install: Problems with Keyboard and weird sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fresh Windows install: Problems with Keyboard and weird sound: Hello people. I have freshly installed windows in the past days and since then, I have 2 weird problems. 1. I have this weird sound popping up every ~10 Minutes. I have no idea where it comes from, nor can I find out where it comes from. I think it might be my edge browser,...
  3. Fresh Windows install: Problems with Keyboard and weird sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fresh Windows install: Problems with Keyboard and weird sound: Hello people. I have freshly installed windows in the past days and since then, I have 2 weird problems. 1. I have this weird sound popping up every ~10 Minutes. I have no idea where it comes from, nor can I find out where it comes from. I think it might be my edge browser,...
  4. Device security problem after fresh install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Device security problem after fresh install: Hello Microsoft Community,I recently did a fresh install of Windows 11 using my current version is Version22H2 OS build 22621.1105.After finishing the installation and updating all drivers, Windows security app, alerted me to a problem. Under the tab Device security it now...
  5. Device security problem after fresh install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device security problem after fresh install: Hello Microsoft Community,I recently did a fresh install of Windows 11 using my current version is Version22H2 OS build 22621.1105.After finishing the installation and updating all drivers, Windows security app, alerted me to a problem. Under the tab Device security it now...
  6. Fresh Install Problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fresh Install Problems: Hi there. I'm noticing some random issues after a fresh install of Windows 10 on my laptop. I used the "Media Creation Tool" to create an installation via USB. Afterwards I installed updated drivers pre-downloaded via Dells website, then installed any updates Windows had....
  7. Cannot open Windows Defender UI after 1809 fresh install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot open Windows Defender UI after 1809 fresh install: Upon pressing on "Open Windows Security" I'm getting this: "You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender" start windowsdefender: command in cmd or powershell does not help...
  8. After 1809 install

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    After 1809 install: [img] I did a clean install of 1809 and did all of the CU's and updates. Now in the network folder, it will show both of my wife's computers, but not mine. I already set up both of the function services and the computer browser service and already installed the SMB1 client...
  9. After installing windows 1809 multiple problems

in Windows 10 Customization
    After installing windows 1809 multiple problems: After installing windows 1809 I have multiple problems. I was unable to reload 1803 since settings (among other problems) did not work. Are there any updates available to 1809 or is there a new release scheduled to correct all the 1809 problems?...
  10. Problems getting updates after fresh install, but not with upgrade ?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Problems getting updates after fresh install, but not with upgrade ?: I have installed W10 on one HD via the upgrade method and then managed to get the updates ok. A couple of days later I decided to create a completely new fresh install on another HD. This went in ok but when I try to get the updates for this the whole procedure just 'Hangs'...