Windows 10: Weird problems with shutting down and the like

Discus and support Weird problems with shutting down and the like in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Past few days, my computer has been acting up. It sometimes won't respond to attempts to put it in sleep mode or shutting it down - clicking the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/deltios, Feb 10, 2020.

1. Weird problems with shutting down and the like

Past few days, my computer has been acting up. It sometimes won't respond to attempts to put it in sleep mode or shutting it down - clicking the buttons to do so won't do anything. If i were to restart, it'd take insanely long. Typically I'd have to shutdown by holding the power button.

A few times, I'd gotten a notification that also says that the administrator has set some level to Basic, or something, usually paired with my PC preparing Windows on login. This typically sets my desktop to C:/Users/TEMP too, etc...

Anyone know what the hell is going on?

submitted by /u/deltios
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/deltios, Feb 10, 2020
  2. Senarium Win User

Weird BSOD problem

Hi Everyone,

I have a weird BSOD problem which I cannot solve for a while(it persists still after upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7)

The main strange thing about this is that I get BSOD only after cold boot.
    So it acts like this:

1. start PC.
    2. Get to Windows Logo Screen
    3. BSOD
    4. Restart
    5. Get to menu where I can try to repair or Start NormallyIf I Choose Repair, it will fail to repair and will try to restoreIf I Choose Start Normally, it will start OK, no BSOD, can work normally, games, browse internet, everything is normal.6. Shutdown PC
    7. Next time when I start is all over again i.e. Go to Step 1

I have this problem for a while, so what I tried:
    1. Another Windows 7
    2. Another HDD
    3. Only HDD connected
    4. Changed RAM
    5. Tried with built in GPU
    6. Upgraded to Windows 10

Result is the same as above every time.

Please suggest what could be the cause.
    Logs collected with DM_Log_Collector, attached.

Thank you

PS. This thread is a continuation of this one: Frequent multiple errors BSOD. Solved - Windows 7 Help Forums the only thing changed is Windows 10 now. instead of Windows 7. If that helps somehow.

Senarium, Feb 10, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Feb 10, 2020
  4. Sasqui Win User

Weird problems with shutting down and the like

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Feb 10, 2020
Thema:

Weird problems with shutting down and the like

1. Weird problems with shutting down and the like - Similar Threads - Weird problems shutting

2. SHUT DOWN PROBLEMS

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SHUT DOWN PROBLEMS: I HAVE SHUT DOWN PROBLEMS WITH WINDOWS 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shut-down-problems/94cd9434-1e07-4c6f-91a9-e967a0bf93ed
  3. shut down problem

shut down problem: after installing wndows 10 on dell ,my laptop goes shut down when i touch down side of laptop but when itis in charging mode it doesn't shut down https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shut-down-problem/a35083af-1553-47ea-bd39-c4701aa9fb3a
  4. Shut Down Problem

Shut Down Problem: All Right Recently install win 10, updated so far everything was great. Then after last update when I shut down the laptop HP Pavilion it is not getting shut down, screen is gettin off however the hard is still on can hear the nois also power bottom is on. so have to press...
  5. Weird shut down issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Weird shut down issue: Good day all, I am a fairly literate windows user but am having a strange problem lately. My ASUS laptop keeps shutting down after closing the lid. I have the power controls set to sleep when closing the lid. When I open the lid it immediately starts up. I do not have to hit...
  6. Shut down problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Shut down problem: Hi! When I shut down my PC it shuts down but my fans are still working, and I have to hold Power Button for 4seconds to fully turn it off. Also when I restart my PC it just shuts down. I'm using Windows 8.1 Pro. submitted by /u/Caynah [link] [comments]...
  7. Shut Down Problems

Shut Down Problems: Greetings, I have yesterday updated to the newer insider build of windows 10, i am currently on version 1903 build 18999.1. Since the update i have noted that my PC takes ages to either restart or shut down, not sure why or what's causing it . If any1 of you could help...
  8. Problem with shutting down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem with shutting down: My ancient computer doesn’t want to shut itself down completely. I’ve had it for many years and it worked without any problems but currently it revealed this issue. When I try to shut it down, it closes the programms but never shuts off. So I have to press power button for a...
  9. problem in shutting down

problem in shutting down: am trying to shut down my pc but after pressing shut down button no action is taken please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-in-shutting-down/86523a2b-8410-404d-bb75-a3fa9073ae2a"
  10. shut Down Problem.

in Windows 10 Support
    shut Down Problem.: I just installed windows 10. And now i can't shut down. I can see its moving out of windows 10, Than it goes black and stays there. Any help please Thanks 42847