Windows 10: Weird problems with subtitles

Discus and support Weird problems with subtitles in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Any webbrowser has my subtitles top left. I’ll try with a media player but for now it looks like this is a weird bug submitted by /u/MariusIchigo... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/MariusIchigo, Sep 30, 2020.

1. Weird problems with subtitles

Any webbrowser has my subtitles top left. I’ll try with a media player but for now it looks like this is a weird bug

submitted by /u/MariusIchigo
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/MariusIchigo, Sep 30, 2020

2. Displaying subtitles

Hi,

My name is Angel. I am an Independent Advisor. Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow these steps: to select subtitle file in videos:

-Normally, the app attempts to search for subtitle file associated with the video file playing. But if it can’t find it, or there is other subtitle file you want to use, just click the subtitle icon on the control bar (it’s between play button and volume button),
    then select “Choose subtitle file”

-Now browse for the subtitle file and you’re done!

Hope the information provided is useful. If the issue persists, reply here and we will be glad to help you.

Angel.

AngelCarreno, Sep 30, 2020
  3. Ian Ser Win User
    Subtitles in videos in Windows 10.

Hello Rita,

Have you tried the resolutions given by other community members on this thread? If not, we suggest that you check them out and see if it helps.

If you are still unable to setup the subtitles, please answer the following questions to be able to assist you further:

• What app are you using to use when playing videos?
    • What file type are the videos that you usually play?
    • Any troubleshooting steps you have done so far?

We look forward to your update.

Ian Ser, Sep 30, 2020
  4. Weird problems with subtitles

Subtitle error

Hi,

Thank you for posting your concern. There is a possibility that the subtitle is not properly configured. Please answer the questions below for us to lead you towards resolution:

• When did you experience this issue?
    • Is it happening to all the subtitle in every movie?
    • Did you change anything on the computer before having this kind of issue?

In the meantime, you can try to download the subtitle for the movie and put it in, so we can check if the problem is the subtitle or the within the app.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Lemuel Cie, Sep 30, 2020
Thema:

Weird problems with subtitles

1. Weird problems with subtitles - Similar Threads - Weird problems subtitles

2. The Subtitle Conundrum

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Subtitle Conundrum: This is with reference to Films and TV.I have created an SRT file, consisting of subtitles in the Devanagari script that is used in such languages as Hindi, Sanskrit, and a few others. When I open the relevant video in Films and TV, and select that SRT file, it seems not to...
  3. The Subtitle Conundrum

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The Subtitle Conundrum: This is with reference to Films and TV.I have created an SRT file, consisting of subtitles in the Devanagari script that is used in such languages as Hindi, Sanskrit, and a few others. When I open the relevant video in Films and TV, and select that SRT file, it seems not to...
  4. Weird problem . . .

Weird problem . . .: My name is, Dana. This is my problem I have a dual boot computer running Windows 10 and Windows 11 excuse my punctuation I'm speaking into a microphone and I don't really want to go back and correct it so do your best to read it I have a pin setup that I use for both Windows...
  5. Subtitles

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Subtitles: I just want to change the way Windows display subtitles here are two types of subtitles I want as the first one not like the second.Please anyone let me know how to do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/subtitles/cb8a93c1-24f8-4931-87f6-fce159b59906
  6. Subtitles

Subtitles: I just want to change the way Windows display subtitles here are two types of subtitles I want as the first one not like the second.Please anyone let me know how to do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/subtitles/cb8a93c1-24f8-4931-87f6-fce159b59906
  7. There is a weird problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    There is a weird problem: There is a weird problem in my computer. When I plugged my charger at my computer and I tried to open games like Valorant etc., I could not open game game gave errors about internet connection or there is a another example, I opened another game like offline game and I want...
  8. Subtitles

in Windows 10 Customization
    Subtitles: I have a fairly new Acer Predator Helios 300. Tried to watch movies for the first time today and can't get any video player to display subtitles. I'm sure I'm missing a setting somewhere but have never had this problem before. Any suggestions would be great....
  9. Displaying subtitles

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Displaying subtitles: When I play video .mkv with subtitles in Movies & TV app, the subtitles are not displayed. But when I play the same video format in Photos app, I see the subtitles. How can I I fix this issue and see my video with subtitles in Movies & TV app because it is much more...
  10. Editing Subtitle

Editing Subtitle: Hello, Have a subtitle (.srt file) which is not synchro with the movie (.mp4 format). I tried two editors, one "SubTitle Editor 3413" and "SubtitleWorkshop_6.0b_131121", in both list of playable files, there is mp4 format also, however got error mesages they both cannot...