Windows 10: Weird program in startup apps

Discus and support Weird program in startup apps in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] The other day i opened up Valorant and my computer started lagging for a good minute, then once it stopped, i got two popups: one that said... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/chaor250, Jul 21, 2020.

1. Weird program in startup apps

Weird program in startup apps ZO8E89V8dAyalai7WcwW4v9OOPoscSravciVQH51TPU.jpg

The other day i opened up Valorant and my computer started lagging for a good minute, then once it stopped, i got two popups: one that said your graphics driver has crashed, and a second one that was just two chinese characters that i did not understand. I ran a full scan with malwarebytes and it came back with nothing, so I continued with my life. Today I happened to open up my startup programs to stop skype from opening on startup ( it had previously never done that) and I noticed a very strange program that was set to start with my computer. I turned it off and looked for it in task manager >startup as well as the startup folder in windows, but it wasn't in either of those places. I downloaded windows sysinternals autorun and looked around there, but if it is there, I don't know what I'm looking for. I have also noticed that between restarts, the name of this program changes to some other random characters. Other than the supposed graphics driver crash the other day, I haven't noticed anything weird going on. How can I identify this program and see if I should be doing a factory reset?

https://preview.redd.it/21nnakif25c...bp&s=d33ceb21f831799792a34780d90948b64b9a460b

submitted by /u/chaor250
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/chaor250, Jul 21, 2020
  2. Kreij Win User

Adding programs to startup with Windows 7?

You could add entries to the registry to launch the apps on startup, but it's easier to just add them to the startup foler as Newt suggested.

Kreij, Jul 21, 2020
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Jul 21, 2020
  4. Weird program in startup apps

My pc takes for ever to shut down when i restart

Suggest cleaning up your startup list .There may be many services / Apps you can remove on startup which is not needed on boot or during shutdown.
    Before you shutdown the Pc check what is running in Task Manager as a program or service in not killing the process on shutdown

Would suggest cleaning up running apps and services -Autoruns, StartupMonitor,HighjackThis,
    Malware Scan - Malwarebytes,ADWcleaner, Combofix

SnakeDoctor, Jul 21, 2020
Thema:

Weird program in startup apps

1. Weird program in startup apps - Similar Threads - Weird program startup

2. [SOLVED] Weird programs with serial codes at startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [SOLVED] Weird programs with serial codes at startup: Hello, this is my first time posting here, I don't know if this in the right topic or not, but I have something that really bothered me lately, even after resetting the windows, these programs came back like after 4-5 days, does anyone know what are the first two programs at...
  3. [SOLVED] Weird programs with serial codes at startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    [SOLVED] Weird programs with serial codes at startup: Hello, this is my first time posting here, I don't know if this in the right topic or not, but I have something that really bothered me lately, even after resetting the windows, these programs came back like after 4-5 days, does anyone know what are the first two programs at...
  4. Weird programs with serial codes at startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird programs with serial codes at startup: Hello, this is my first time posting here, I don't know if this in the right topic or not, but I have something that really bothered me lately, even after resetting the windows, these programs came back like after 4-5 days, does anyone know what are the first two programs at...
  5. Weird programs with serial codes at startup

Weird programs with serial codes at startup: Hello, this is my first time posting here, I don't know if this in the right topic or not, but I have something that really bothered me lately, even after resetting the windows, these programs came back like after 4-5 days, does anyone know what are the first two programs at...
  6. Weird symbol on Startup Programs

Weird symbol on Startup Programs: Hi, I found this weird program in my startup programs settings. I am unsure if this is part of Windows or malware. If its malware, please guide me on how to eradicate it. EDIT: I find out that it also disappears when I re-opened the settings tab. Probably is visible during...
  7. Weird symbol on Startup Programs

in Windows 10 Customization
    Weird symbol on Startup Programs: Hi, I found this weird program in my startup programs settings. I am unsure if this is part of Windows or malware. If its malware, please guide me on how to eradicate it. EDIT: I find out that it also disappears when I re-opened the settings tab. Probably is visible during...
  8. Weird symbol on Startup Programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird symbol on Startup Programs: Hi, I found this weird program in my startup programs settings. I am unsure if this is part of Windows or malware. If its malware, please guide me on how to eradicate it. TIA...
  9. 3 Weird Startup Programs in task manager.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    3 Weird Startup Programs in task manager.: Hello!, when I want to disable some startup programs I see these weird stuff called program and something called utweb. any way to know that are these programs? [ATTACH] Note: Having The Least Verison Of Windows 10 with all Microsoft apps updates....
  10. Apps and programs have this weird visuals.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Apps and programs have this weird visuals.: [IMG] When i'm working on some apps specially text editors web browsers and office word the screen becomes like this after sometime. Sometimes it goes away when I minimize and maximize the program or refresh the web page. But comes again after some time. I assume that this...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. program with Chinese characters Windows startup

2. windows 10 startup apps chinese characters

3. random app in startup windows Chinese characters