Windows 10: Weird Question in regards to Windows Server 2019

Discus and support Weird Question in regards to Windows Server 2019 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; As odd as this may sound, I use Server 2019 for my personal home rig. I game, work, manage etc. You name it. I love 2019 Server, but I wish to have the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TrevorMonk15, Nov 3, 2020.

1. Weird Question in regards to Windows Server 2019

As odd as this may sound, I use Server 2019 for my personal home rig. I game, work, manage etc. You name it. I love 2019 Server, but I wish to have the ability to install certain apps such as Microsoft Photos and game bar/Xbox Services. I know this outside of general Windows support because it is more on the enterprise releases. Is there a .reg edit I can do? I have managed to get the microsoft store installed. Thanks!

:)

TrevorMonk15, Nov 3, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, Nov 3, 2020
  3. Fatmasari Win User
    Activate RDS CAL 2019 on Windows Server 2016

Dear Microsoft Support,

We recently purchased Windows Server RDS CAL 2019.

When we tried to install Windows Server RDS CAL 2019 into Windows Server 2016, it shows the license is not recognized and couldn’t install.

My questions are :

1. Can’t Windows RDS CAL 2019 be installed in Windows Server 2016? If can, how?
    2. Is there any way to downgrade RDS CAL from 2019 to 2016 version?

Thanks,

Fatmasari, Nov 3, 2020
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Weird Question in regards to Windows Server 2019

Can't perform in-place upgrade from Windows Server 2016 to Windows Server 2019

Hi NWZB

Are these the exact steps you are following to perform that upgrade?

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server...

If so, I am sorry, Community is just a consumer forum, due to the scope of your question (Server 2019) can you please post this question to our sister forum on TechNet in the Server 2019 section (linked below)

Over there you will have access to a host of Server 2019 experts and will get a knowledgeable and quick answer to this question . ..

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-...

DaveM121, Nov 3, 2020
Thema:

Weird Question in regards to Windows Server 2019

1. Weird Question in regards to Windows Server 2019 - Similar Threads - Weird Question regards

2. Windows server 2019

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows server 2019: I have a Key to activate Windows Server 2019. Currently on the PC I have Windows Server 2019 Evaluation with GUI installed. When I try to activate it through the activation tab I get the error code 0x80070032 returned. I can provide more information if needed, i am also...
  3. Windows server 2019

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows server 2019: I have a Key to activate Windows Server 2019. Currently on the PC I have Windows Server 2019 Evaluation with GUI installed. When I try to activate it through the activation tab I get the error code 0x80070032 returned. I can provide more information if needed, i am also...
  4. Question regarding reinstalling of Windows.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Question regarding reinstalling of Windows.: Hello everybody!!My question is if I do a complete reinstall of my Windows 11 using ISO how am I supposed to get my device drivers and all the Intel drivers and NVIDIA drivers and all the utilities back just like the way I bought my PC in a new condition...For e.g. these...
  5. Server 2019

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Server 2019: OK, here goes. I Have never posted a question to this, or any, forum regarding windows before, but I'm stumped. I'll try and be as clear as possible. The scenario: A newly installed windows Server 2019 standard running a Client/Server software called Dentrix. The server...
  6. Weird question regarding a headsets connection to pc

in Windows 10 Customization
    Weird question regarding a headsets connection to pc: Hi there! I bought Razer Kraken Tournament Edition headset a couple of months ago. Besides thinking it might not be as loud as i thought, although i might not have configured it well on the synapsis, i think its great! Now, my "problem" is this. As you might know, this...
  7. Regarding Windows Defender for Windows Server 2019

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Regarding Windows Defender for Windows Server 2019: Hi Team, I have a situation, where, we have commissioned new Windows Servers 2019 in our DMZ zone. We manage Windows Defender Antivirus from SCCM server. Since the new servers are in DMZ, our SCCM server cannot push Antimalware policies to the server. I have exported...
  8. Windows 2019 - Regarding SafeDDLSearchMode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 2019 - Regarding SafeDDLSearchMode: Hi Microsoft On Windows Server 2008 R2 & Windows Server 2012 R2 you can add a registry entry:- ==================== Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager] "SafeDllSearchMode"=dword:00000001...
  9. Windows Server 2019

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Server 2019: Hello, I have a question to the new Windows Server 2019. Is it possible to divide a windows host server for performance sharing? With multiple users working on it at the same time. As an example, that multiple users can play simultaneously on this server? Thus, only the...
  10. Windows Server 2019

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Server 2019: My family is using Windows 2016 Essentials. What is our upgrade path to Windows 2019 Server? Our server has 2 cores. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-server-2019/e0e655e0-af27-4955-86f2-32f015eb0fff