Windows 10: Weird recurring problem: can't click anything until Cortana is killed via Task Manager

Discus and support Weird recurring problem: can't click anything until Cortana is killed via Task Manager in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Randomly happens every couple of weeks. I suddenly can't click anything. I can't even close any window that's open. I have to press ctrl-alt-dlt, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Slowmac123, Oct 29, 2020.

1. Weird recurring problem: can't click anything until Cortana is killed via Task Manager

Randomly happens every couple of weeks. I suddenly can't click anything. I can't even close any window that's open. I have to press ctrl-alt-dlt, and use my arrow keys to go to Cortana (since I can't click or scroll anything) and kill it.

Another issue is that I also can't click anything in the start menu until I kill Cortana, or restart my computer - but the problem inevitably finds it way back then next day.

Does anyone know why this is happening?

submitted by /u/Slowmac123
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Slowmac123, Oct 29, 2020

2. Ovi Suite/N97 Issues with recurring tasks

did a sync this week (haven't done one for ages because of this problem) and all my recurring tasks appeared in my phone as recurring tasks - not an enormous list...also my task list in outlook stayed completely intact....

have nokia managed to sneakily fix this or was this a one off?!

NickFrancis---01, Oct 29, 2020
  3. Windows Mobile 6 Recurring Tasks shows Future Tasks

I just upgraded from a Cingular 8125 (HTC) to an AT&T Tilt (HTC 8925) and am having a problem with recurring tasks. When I complete a recurring task, the next task in the sequence is immediately displayed in the task list even though it is not due for some
    time in the future. This is extremely annoying and is not the same behavior with my previous phone that had Windows Mobile 5.

As you can imagine, if one has a lot of recurring tasks, they will all have an instance of the task showing even though they aren't "active" yet. This makes having tasks completely useless because of the volume of tasks showing up in the list.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a solution? I have tried all of the "options" in tasks... but haven't had any luck.

Thanks.

Rob

RJKobbeman, Oct 29, 2020
  4. Weird recurring problem: can't click anything until Cortana is killed via Task Manager

Microsoft To-Do - Duplicate Recurring Tasks

All my recurring tasks in the To-Do app are being duplicated. So when I mark a recurring task complete, an exact copy of that occurrence appears on the list with the same due date and sub tasks, but the task and all sub tasks are marked incomplete. This
    means that I have to check every sub task and main task complete twice for every recurring task I have. Before marking the next occurrence complete, only one instance of that recurring task appears on the list.

I tried deleting all my recurring tasks (including all previously completed occurrences) and creating the recurring tasks again from scratch, but I am still encountering the same problem.

How do I get rid of the duplicate occurrences permanently and prevent them from being created again?

Devin Walz, Oct 29, 2020
Thema:

Weird recurring problem: can't click anything until Cortana is killed via Task Manager

1. Weird recurring problem: can't click anything until Cortana is killed via Task Manager - Similar Threads - Weird recurring problem

2. Task manager resource hog... until

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task manager resource hog... until: Hi there,I have a Dell 7710 workstation with Win10 pro 64bit, 21H2, 19044.1526, 32gb ram and 3xSSD = 2 TBThe issue is with all programs closed, sitting in idle lid open or closed, after a short time the fans turn on and resources are hogged. If I open task manager the highest...
  3. Task manager resource hog... until

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task manager resource hog... until: Hi there,I have a Dell 7710 workstation with Win10 pro 64bit, 21H2, 19044.1526, 32gb ram and 3xSSD = 2 TBThe issue is with all programs closed, sitting in idle lid open or closed, after a short time the fans turn on and resources are hogged. If I open task manager the highest...
  4. Task manager is being weird

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Task manager is being weird: So I opened task manager and first I saw that Netflix is open which it was not and then three other programs with it and one of them was the runtime broker, I checked the file location of the runtime broker and it is the official windows one but why is it under Netflix?...
  5. Task manager is being weird

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task manager is being weird: So I opened task manager and first I saw that Netflix is open which it was not and then three other programs with it and one of them was the runtime broker, I checked the file location of the runtime broker and it is the official windows one but why is it under Netflix?...
  6. Can't open anything including task manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't open anything including task manager: I should start by saying that this started when I restarted to update my graphics driver When I log in, I can't click on anything on my taskbar. the start menu opens, but nothing on it works either. windows key + R openes the little input box, but won't actually run...
  7. Someone killed cortana and searchUI.exe task from task manager

in Cortana
    Someone killed cortana and searchUI.exe task from task manager: I was so happy with my newly upgraded laptop...but something weird happened after a month... This happened last week when I tried to search paint on windows search bar...but it didn't even open... I thought the PC was a little slow so I shut it down... and next day same...
  8. Win10 bug: Can't click anything until i open task manager with ctrl alt del

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win10 bug: Can't click anything until i open task manager with ctrl alt del: Hello. I have this super annoying bug and I can not fix it. Every few mins or so, I can't click anything on dekstop, chrome or anywhere else until I open task manager by going ctrl-alt-del, or unless I wait some time (like 10-15 seconds or so). Does anyone know a fix?...
  9. Weird windows explorer bug, can't click anything and its just weird.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird windows explorer bug, can't click anything and its just weird.: This is weird, Explorer doesn't let me click anything, not even the taskbar and I have to alt tab into programs to use them. Explorer only lets me use it when I alt tab back into some program like OBS, show desktop SOMETIMES lets me use explorer. When alt tabbing into a...
  10. a weird specific issue with right clicking something in task manager

in Windows 10 Support
    a weird specific issue with right clicking something in task manager: Hey so I don't have very much information on this stuff, I'm not the best with computer related business but I do know a little bit, and I honestly have no clue what's going on (since this isn't even my computer, it's my younger brother's and he asked me for help.) So I was...