Windows 10: Weird red symbols appearing between numbers

Discus and support Weird red symbols appearing between numbers in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Around a month ago I started seeing random red dots mixed in between strings of numbers [img] They're appearing everywhere and I'm not sure what's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by cxeeoou, Jul 31, 2020.

1. cxeeoou Win User

Weird red symbols appearing between numbers

Around a month ago I started seeing random red dots mixed in between strings of numbers

Weird red symbols appearing between numbers [​IMG]

They're appearing everywhere and I'm not sure what's causing it. When I try and copy and paste text containing the symbols, a couple of spaces usually show up in place of the red dots. Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this? It's driving me crazy

:)

cxeeoou, Jul 31, 2020

2. Strange floating panel with symbols & numbers randomly appears

For several months, with no apparent reason or trigger, this strange floating window has appeared - its almost always in the way and sometimes is hard to get rid of. There is no way to close it, its not clickable - I seem to be only able to get it to go away by tabbing between programs. I have tried searching round to see if anyone else has this but have not found any reference to it. Hoping someone else may know what this is!

First attachment shows the object... the second one shows it hovering about over my desktop.

ReframedBeans, Jul 31, 2020
  3. THX1138 Win User
    Bootable USB drive appearing in Disk Management with unusual symbol

I have a bootable USB drive plugged into my PC and although it shows up in Disk Management, it doesn't show up in My Computer. Why does it have a weird symbol? It's the second drive in the list in Disk Management. Disk Management won't let me assign a drive letter, saying the list has to be refreshed, even though I just refreshed it.

THX1138, Jul 31, 2020
  4. Weird red symbols appearing between numbers

N70's weird new symbol appeared

It's not the symbol for a missed call is it? My E70 has a similar icon that appears. It only clears when I actually exam the missed call log.

If I have a missed call, but then don't read the message 'you have 1 missed call' (or whatever), say by hitting the red hangup key, then the icon stays reminding me to have a look in the log.

markcoley---01, Jul 31, 2020
Thema:

Weird red symbols appearing between numbers

1. Weird red symbols appearing between numbers - Similar Threads - Weird red symbols

2. Weird symbol is appearing on my desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird symbol is appearing on my desktop: This weird symbol is appearing on my desktop. i can't even click on it neither i could check from where it is coming please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weird-symbol-is-appearing-on-my-desktop/ec355c33-17ef-454f-929e-e58215a70d48
  3. Weird symbol is appearing on my desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird symbol is appearing on my desktop: This weird symbol is appearing on my desktop. i can't even click on it neither i could check from where it is coming please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weird-symbol-is-appearing-on-my-desktop/ec355c33-17ef-454f-929e-e58215a70d48
  4. Weird symbol on Startup Programs

Weird symbol on Startup Programs: Hi, I found this weird program in my startup programs settings. I am unsure if this is part of Windows or malware. If its malware, please guide me on how to eradicate it. EDIT: I find out that it also disappears when I re-opened the settings tab. Probably is visible during...
  5. Weird symbol on Startup Programs

in Windows 10 Customization
    Weird symbol on Startup Programs: Hi, I found this weird program in my startup programs settings. I am unsure if this is part of Windows or malware. If its malware, please guide me on how to eradicate it. EDIT: I find out that it also disappears when I re-opened the settings tab. Probably is visible during...
  6. Weird symbol on Startup Programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird symbol on Startup Programs: Hi, I found this weird program in my startup programs settings. I am unsure if this is part of Windows or malware. If its malware, please guide me on how to eradicate it. TIA...
  7. Weird symbol

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Weird symbol: [ATTACH] I started seeing this symbol in Chrome very often today. This appears for a split second when I press Shift, Ctrl, do a click or double click, and in some other situations. This is displayed in the upper left corner. tf is it?...
  8. Computers showing weird symbols.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computers showing weird symbols.: Split from this thread. Not sure what uptdate happend, but my 2 computers start showing this weird symbols on the numbers and it does affect all the documents. As well my key "t, y and backspace" stop working dont sure if was as a part of the uptdate or just coincidental....
  9. Strange floating panel with symbols & numbers randomly appears

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange floating panel with symbols & numbers randomly appears: For several months, with no apparent reason or trigger, this strange floating window has appeared - its almost always in the way and sometimes is hard to get rid of. There is no way to close it, its not clickable - I seem to be only able to get it to go away by tabbing...
  10. Weird symbols in this particular app.

Weird symbols in this particular app.: [IMG] This just happens when I launch the app https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_productivity/weird-symbols-in-this-particular-app/3e4b5165-0353-437e-b624-887cb244ac68