Windows 10: Weird "restore" of previously deleted or changed items in Windows Mail or Outlook

Discus and support Weird "restore" of previously deleted or changed items in Windows Mail or Outlook in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I had a weird issue for a long time where I would drag-n-drop items in Outlook O365, in Task View, and they would revert to where or what they were... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jason Delaplain, Aug 26, 2019.

1. Weird "restore" of previously deleted or changed items in Windows Mail or Outlook

I had a weird issue for a long time where I would drag-n-drop items in Outlook O365, in Task View, and they would revert to where or what they were within 30 seconds. It got to be such a hard thing to trouble-shoot, that my I.T. department switched me to using Windows 10 Mail and MS To-Do for managing work mail and tasks.

I have a couple personal accounts setup with my work exchange account in Windows Mail, and when I went to delete a couple events, they came back with-in seconds. Not sure what to do, other than switch to using Gmail or GSuite?

:)

Jason Delaplain, Aug 26, 2019
  2. Jayzilla Win User

Delete mails in Outlook but want to keep mails untouch in webmail

When I deleted an email in outlook and my webmail got deleted too. I want to keep all the inbox mails from the webmail even I complete deleted in outlook. I spend hrs can't think it out how. Any step by step instruction? I'm using IMAP account btw. Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Jayzilla, Aug 26, 2019
  3. Jizzler Win User
    Delete mails in Outlook but want to keep mails untouch in webmail

Change from IMAP to POP3, if supported by the email server, and make sure that "Leave a copy of messages on the server" is checked.

Otherwise, I wonder if changing where delete items goes, and unsubscribing the folder will work?

Weird "restore" of previously deleted or changed items in Windows Mail or Outlook Outlook-Move-Deleted-Items.png

Weird "restore" of previously deleted or changed items in Windows Mail or Outlook Outlook-IMAP-Unsubscribe.png

Example is with Gmail and it's All Mail folder, but if not, can create a folder for the the same purpose.

Jizzler, Aug 26, 2019
  4. jimbo45 Win User

Weird "restore" of previously deleted or changed items in Windows Mail or Outlook

Outlook 2007 Deleted items

Hi there

@Take a guess

on IMAP if you set in the config operations for each account you have the problems with -- Root Folder -->INBOX there should then be a deleted items folder. Restart outlook and when you delete items they should then go to the deleted items folder. Use Empty folder to purge the email.

Outlook 2007 and 2010 will work the same

Step 1 in account config -->change-->advanced choose the last tab and then enter INBOX (in English should be Root Folder in the menu)

Weird "restore" of previously deleted or changed items in Windows Mail or Outlook [​IMG]

Step 2 now do New folder on tab 3 and create Deleted Items on the server for the account

Weird "restore" of previously deleted or changed items in Windows Mail or Outlook [​IMG]

Step 3 move mouse to newly created folder for deleted items - your deleted items should now go into that folder after you restart Outlook. You might have to move the underlined mail etc first and then purge.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Aug 26, 2019
Thema:

Weird "restore" of previously deleted or changed items in Windows Mail or Outlook

1. Weird "restore" of previously deleted or changed items in Windows Mail or Outlook - Similar Threads - Weird restore previously

2. Recovering deleted calendar items in outlook doesn't work?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Recovering deleted calendar items in outlook doesn't work?: Hello everyone, I'm trying to help someone accidentally deleted some future appointments from Outlook 2013 calendar. I looked in the Deleted Items folder, but it's not there, I also tried using the 'Recover Deleted Items' feature, but it says the latest items were deleted...
  3. deleting outlook mail account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    deleting outlook mail account: how do I permanently delete my outlook mail account using windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleting-outlook-mail-account/06bcc1ab-a169-45db-a243-e582485f25ea
  4. restoring to a previous checkpoint

restoring to a previous checkpoint: What happened to the option to restore the system to an earlier checkpoint? I can't find anything that even remotely resembles it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restoring-to-a-previous-checkpoint/99cc9b23-5ef2-4d35-927e-08a601ffcdad
  5. Outlook 2007 Deleted items

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2007 Deleted items: Hi I have MS outlook 2007, when I delete emails, all that happens is a strike through line in the text, the email doesn't go direct into deleted items folder I've tried dragging the email into the deleted folder but it doesn't work Any ideas please? 122964
  6. Restoration of previous version of windows

Restoration of previous version of windows: I was playing video suddenly chrome stopped responding so i press shutdown button and it started updating windows on 13% i again press shutdown it stopped updating and now from past 2hrs its showing blank screen saying Attempting to recover installation and restoring your...
  7. Windows 10 mail deleted items folder disappearing

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 mail deleted items folder disappearing: I have to keep adding the Deleted Items folder to Favourites in Windows 10 mail program All the other folders I created stay there But every time I open Windows 10 Mail the Deleted Items folder has gone (In both accounts have in there) 105718
  8. Outlook 2013 Trash vs Deleted Items folder

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2013 Trash vs Deleted Items folder: I am using IMAP , ISP is Comcast. What's the difference between Trash and Deleted Items folders? The 'Deleted Items " folder has always been empty . All deleted emails go to the "Trash" folder. Can I remove the 'Deleted Items" folder in Outlook 2013 since its never...
  9. Restore to previous build.??????

Restore to previous build.??????: I'm on Version 1607 Build 14905 Initially thought my problem was only Adobe Reader DC not opening. Having many problems that SFC or DISM didn't fix. "Start", "Power" does nothing, just disappears back to desktop (Right click option works) Can't open "Windows Update"...
  10. Restoring Previous Version

in Windows 10 Support
    Restoring Previous Version: So I download Windows 10 from here: Windows 10 Whilst I run it, no questions show up, asking anything, but in videos I see questions, asking about Updates and your current PC data. Once it completes, and restarts my PC, it finishes, then goes onto a screen saying...