Windows 10: Weird "restore" of previously deleted or changed items in Windows Mail or Outlook

Discus and support Weird "restore" of previously deleted or changed items in Windows Mail or Outlook in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I had a weird issue for a long time where I would drag-n-drop items in Outlook O365, in Task View, and they would revert to where or what they were... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jason Delaplain, Aug 26, 2019.

1. Weird "restore" of previously deleted or changed items in Windows Mail or Outlook

I had a weird issue for a long time where I would drag-n-drop items in Outlook O365, in Task View, and they would revert to where or what they were within 30 seconds. It got to be such a hard thing to trouble-shoot, that my I.T. department switched me to using Windows 10 Mail and MS To-Do for managing work mail and tasks.

I have a couple personal accounts setup with my work exchange account in Windows Mail, and when I went to delete a couple events, they came back with-in seconds. Not sure what to do, other than switch to using Gmail or GSuite?

:)

Jason Delaplain, Aug 26, 2019
  2. Jayzilla Win User

Delete mails in Outlook but want to keep mails untouch in webmail

When I deleted an email in outlook and my webmail got deleted too. I want to keep all the inbox mails from the webmail even I complete deleted in outlook. I spend hrs can't think it out how. Any step by step instruction? I'm using IMAP account btw. Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Jayzilla, Aug 26, 2019
  3. Jizzler Win User
    Delete mails in Outlook but want to keep mails untouch in webmail

Change from IMAP to POP3, if supported by the email server, and make sure that "Leave a copy of messages on the server" is checked.

Otherwise, I wonder if changing where delete items goes, and unsubscribing the folder will work?

Weird "restore" of previously deleted or changed items in Windows Mail or Outlook Outlook-Move-Deleted-Items.png

Weird "restore" of previously deleted or changed items in Windows Mail or Outlook Outlook-IMAP-Unsubscribe.png

Example is with Gmail and it's All Mail folder, but if not, can create a folder for the the same purpose.

Jizzler, Aug 26, 2019
  4. jimbo45 Win User

Weird "restore" of previously deleted or changed items in Windows Mail or Outlook

Outlook 2007 Deleted items

Hi there

@Take a guess

on IMAP if you set in the config operations for each account you have the problems with -- Root Folder -->INBOX there should then be a deleted items folder. Restart outlook and when you delete items they should then go to the deleted items folder. Use Empty folder to purge the email.

Outlook 2007 and 2010 will work the same

Step 1 in account config -->change-->advanced choose the last tab and then enter INBOX (in English should be Root Folder in the menu)

Weird "restore" of previously deleted or changed items in Windows Mail or Outlook [​IMG]

Step 2 now do New folder on tab 3 and create Deleted Items on the server for the account

Weird "restore" of previously deleted or changed items in Windows Mail or Outlook [​IMG]

Step 3 move mouse to newly created folder for deleted items - your deleted items should now go into that folder after you restart Outlook. You might have to move the underlined mail etc first and then purge.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Aug 26, 2019
Thema:

Weird "restore" of previously deleted or changed items in Windows Mail or Outlook

1. Weird "restore" of previously deleted or changed items in Windows Mail or Outlook - Similar Threads - Weird restore previously

2. Deleted Items Can't Restored

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleted Items Can't Restored: Over the past couple of days my keybpard has been less responsive. I thought it might be batteries, so I switched in new ones. I then went into a windows folder and as I clicked on things at first they didn' open., then as I clicked on them whole folders started deleting. I...
  3. Deleted Items Can't Restored

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted Items Can't Restored: Over the past couple of days my keybpard has been less responsive. I thought it might be batteries, so I switched in new ones. I then went into a windows folder and as I clicked on things at first they didn' open., then as I clicked on them whole folders started deleting. I...
  4. Deleted Items Can't Restored

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Restoring Deleted Items

in Windows 10 Support
    Restoring Deleted Items: I recently switched energy supplier, the new one started on Nov. 16. Thinking I would not need any of the data for my old supplier, I deleted the file. I was too quick in doing so, so I tried 2 recovery items, Recuva, & WiseDataRecoveryPortable. They were able to find the...
  6. Outlook routing new mail to Inbox AND Deleted items

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook routing new mail to Inbox AND Deleted items: Windows 10 up to date Office 365 also up to date For the past week or two, new mail is routed to the Inbox as normal but the same email is also placed in the Deleted folder. I do have a few Rules in place that automatically route some junk mail direct to the Deleted folder,...
  7. Weird Banner in Outlook mail.

in Browsers and Email
    Weird Banner in Outlook mail.: I'm getting this banner at the top of my Outlook e-mail program and when it happens, the whole computer slows down: [img] Any ideas anyone? 152487
  8. Deleted items in Windows Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Deleted items in Windows Mail: I have some 300 items in my Windows Mail deleted folder. Is there any way I can tell Mail to hold only the latest 50 deleted items only rather than occasionally enter the folder and delete a number of older items by hand? Thanks in advance for all help. 150705
  9. How to keep deleted items in Outlook

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to keep deleted items in Outlook: I installed Window 10 on Jan 18, 2010. After I installed Outlook 2019, I downloaded all of my emails by logging in Outlook. Now I have deleted items only from Jan 11, 2020. How can I keep deleted items in Outlook from now on?...
  10. Outlook 2007 Deleted items

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2007 Deleted items: Hi I have MS outlook 2007, when I delete emails, all that happens is a strike through line in the text, the email doesn't go direct into deleted items folder I've tried dragging the email into the deleted folder but it doesn't work Any ideas please? 122964