Windows 10: Weird scaling on new computer

Discus and support Weird scaling on new computer in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I've recently bought a new laptop, an HP omen 15-dc. It didn't come with any OS installed so I installed windows with an education license from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by João David1, Nov 17, 2019.

1. Weird scaling on new computer

Hello,

I've recently bought a new laptop, an HP omen 15-dc. It didn't come with any OS installed so I installed windows with an education license from my university. However, I've been having weird display issues that I had never experienced before. Every application seems to have a weird scaling to it, but the most notable cases are the one with Windows Defender when right clicking an icon. I've also downloaded office 365 today and the scaling is just atrocious. I have checked many pages and I have set the scaling to 100% on the display settings but it didn't change much, it didn't seem so bad but the way Excel and Word currently are just totally make it unusable for me.

Any ideas on what I could do? Would a clean install of Windows maybe help?

Thanks in advance.

Weird scaling on new computer 8a632438-d241-4512-8089-1e25fa120695?upload=true.png

:)

João David1, Nov 17, 2019

2. custom scaling documents for printing in windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

• How you trying to scale the documents?
    • Which application you are using for scaling the documents.

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if it helps.

1. Press control key + p.

2. Now select the number of pages you want to scale while printing.

3. Click apply.

4. Now click on print.

Please try the above suggestions and let us know the status of the issue.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Nov 17, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Creator's update - Every time I undock, scaling goes to 150%

We appreciate that you have checked your drivers and followed the suggested troubleshooting steps. Since the issue is still the same, this can be related to the new customer scaling settings that came with the Creator's Update. Can you follow the steps below
    so we can check it for you:

• Click on Start then Settings.
    • Choose System then Display.
    • Under Display, select Custom scaling and set it to 100%.

Update us on how it goes as we are eager to get this resolved for you.

Jennifer Bri, Nov 17, 2019
  4. schmak Win User

Weird scaling on new computer

Windows 10 Creator's update - Every time I undock, scaling goes to 150%

This did the trick for me. I am asking my employee to test it on his surface 3.

schmak, Nov 17, 2019
Thema:

Weird scaling on new computer

1. Weird scaling on new computer - Similar Threads - Weird scaling computer

2. computer acting weird

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    computer acting weird: so my computer has been acting weird. It takes around 30 mins to start up and get to the start up screen and then when i log in it opens up my usual start up apps like discord and opera gx. It usually allows me to use google for a couple of minutes then after that it just...
  3. 3D Builder weird scaling issue in metric vs imperial

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    3D Builder weird scaling issue in metric vs imperial: First of all, good to know that this forum exists. I was an avid user of sevenforums for support and troubleshooting, much better than MS support forums by far Actually, I posted the same question/problem there, so I just copy and paste here:...
  4. 3D Builder weird scaling issue in metric vs imperial

3D Builder weird scaling issue in metric vs imperial: Using Windows 10 build 19041.630 and 3D Builder 18.0.1931.0 I didn't notice since I usually don't scale objects with 3D Builder, but today I noticed this weird behaviour when trying to scale an STL, and it doesn't make a lick of sense. One may expect that, when importing...
  5. Scaling in apps are weird after upgrading to 2004

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Scaling in apps are weird after upgrading to 2004: A client of mine have a Yoga 3 pro. After he updated to Windows 10 2004, from 1909 the following application has scaling problems: TI-Nspire CX CAS Student Software Logger pro 3.12 Reinstalling the programs doesn't work, and reseting systemwide scaling settings doesn't...
  6. Weird new admin

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Weird new admin: my account has been compromised along with all my electronic devices and shut down. I have a new administrator on my laptop that I did not add and now I can't change or add anything I cannot even restore it. Can somebody please tell me how I can do this even the BitLocker is...
  7. Scale only certain apps without scaling the entire computer.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Scale only certain apps without scaling the entire computer.: Is this a thing? If not PLEASE add it. The ROBLOX Player has specific games that need specific scaling but I always have to scale the entire computer display down....
  8. weird scaling problems in apps after MB update

weird scaling problems in apps after MB update: so I recently updated my MB's Bios and now some programs are having some scaling issues they don't display properly like its 16bits instead of the reg 32bits or something like that, and it doesn't do it to all my programs, only programs like uTorrent or paint.net... they look...
  9. weird scaling problems in apps after MB update

in Windows 10 Support
    weird scaling problems in apps after MB update: so I recently updated my MB's Bios and now some programs are having some scaling issues they don't display properly like its 16bits instead of the reg 32bits or something like that, and it doesn't do it to all my programs, only programs like uTorrent or paint.net... they look...
  10. System font on new computer displays weird characters

in Windows 10 Support
    System font on new computer displays weird characters: New computer displays symbols for special characters. For example, in the lower right corner the time reads 729AM and in File Explorer a file name that should be VCMC T&O.docx reads VCMC T^0O.docx. I tried changing the system font but that did not help so I changed back to...