Windows 10: weird scaling problems in apps after MB update

Discus and support weird scaling problems in apps after MB update in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; so I recently updated my MB's Bios and now some programs are having some scaling issues they don't display properly like its 16bits instead of the reg... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by beman36, Oct 11, 2019.

1. beman36 Win User

weird scaling problems in apps after MB update

so I recently updated my MB's Bios and now some programs are having some scaling issues they don't display properly like its 16bits instead of the reg 32bits or something like that, and it doesn't do it to all my programs, only programs like uTorrent or paint.net... they look horrible. .. btw this only happened AFTER I updated my bios and only my Bios... what the heck do you think it could be?

Here are my Specs to my Rigacer Nitro
    Windows 10 home
    Intel i7 8700 6 Core CPU
    GTX 1060 6GB GPU
    64GB DDR4 Ram
    Seagate 2TB HD

- - - Updated - - -

I included a pic of what I'm talking about, see how many things look pixelated and not smooth? even the cross hairs is horrible, and hard to work in paint.net =… driving me bonkers

:)

beman36, Oct 11, 2019

2. Windows 10 Creator's update - Every time I undock, scaling goes to 150%

We appreciate that you have checked your drivers and followed the suggested troubleshooting steps. Since the issue is still the same, this can be related to the new customer scaling settings that came with the Creator's Update. Can you follow the steps below
    so we can check it for you:

• Click on Start then Settings.
    • Choose System then Display.
    • Under Display, select Custom scaling and set it to 100%.

Update us on how it goes as we are eager to get this resolved for you.

Jennifer Bri, Oct 11, 2019
  3. custom scaling documents for printing in windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

• How you trying to scale the documents?
    • Which application you are using for scaling the documents.

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if it helps.

1. Press control key + p.

2. Now select the number of pages you want to scale while printing.

3. Click apply.

4. Now click on print.

Please try the above suggestions and let us know the status of the issue.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Oct 11, 2019
  4. schmak Win User

Windows 10 Creator's update - Every time I undock, scaling goes to 150%

This did the trick for me. I am asking my employee to test it on his surface 3.

schmak, Oct 11, 2019
Thema:

1. weird scaling problems in apps after MB update - Similar Threads - weird scaling problems

2. weird problem after updating windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    weird problem after updating windows 10: hello there, i updated windows to the version KB5009543 earlier in february. after the update, my computer started to load the desktop very slowlyaround 30 minutes, and action center control would not load for even longersup to 2 hours after login. this issue resolved itself...
  3. weird problem after updating windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    weird problem after updating windows 10: hello there, i updated windows to the version KB5009543 earlier in february. after the update, my computer started to load the desktop very slowlyaround 30 minutes, and action center control would not load for even longersup to 2 hours after login. this issue resolved itself...
  4. weird problem after updating windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Action Center problems after scaling

in Windows 10 Customization
    Action Center problems after scaling: Just purchased a nice 4K AOC monitor, however I'm having a serious problem with the Taskbar/Action Center:Often times the icons/clock just disappear completely.The recommended settings have me at 3840x2160 and 150% scaling.I've tried other scaling options, but to no...
  6. Scaling in apps are weird after upgrading to 2004

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Scaling in apps are weird after upgrading to 2004: A client of mine have a Yoga 3 pro. After he updated to Windows 10 2004, from 1909 the following application has scaling problems: TI-Nspire CX CAS Student Software Logger pro 3.12 Reinstalling the programs doesn't work, and reseting systemwide scaling settings doesn't...
  7. Problem with layout scale size after update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem with layout scale size after update: My desktop just installed a windows 10 update two days ago and ever since then the layout scale size on certain windows are half the size they were. I tried readjusting the scale size by 25-100% and it is not doing anything. Has anyone else experienced this? submitted by...
  8. Weird scaling on new computer

Weird scaling on new computer: Hello, I've recently bought a new laptop, an HP omen 15-dc. It didn't come with any OS installed so I installed windows with an education license from my university. However, I've been having weird display issues that I had never experienced before. Every application seems...
  9. weird scaling problems in apps after MB update

in Windows 10 Support
    weird scaling problems in apps after MB update: so I recently updated my MB's Bios and now some programs are having some scaling issues they don't display properly like its 16bits instead of the reg 32bits or something like that, and it doesn't do it to all my programs, only programs like uTorrent or paint.net... they look...
  10. Scaling problems after monitor sleep

Scaling problems after monitor sleep: Hi, I've searched many forums and can't find a resolution or even a similar issue. I recently went to a fresh install of Windows 10 and noticed shortly after that after the monitor wakes from sleep, there's a good chance that the scaling on my notification/action center will...