Windows 10: Weird screen taskbar icon issue since latest update

Discus and support Weird screen taskbar icon issue since latest update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I have a bit of a weird issue since the latest Win10 update. I have 6 screens. The bottom middle one is my primary. Win key opens up the start menu... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by youradds, Jul 26, 2021.

1. youradds Win User

Weird screen taskbar icon issue since latest update

Hi, I have a bit of a weird issue since the latest Win10 update. I have 6 screens. The bottom middle one is my primary. Win key opens up the start menu fine on the primary screen. However, my "pinned" apps now show on the top right screen! They used to show (correctly) on the primary. Please see attached screenshot Is this a known bug? Any way around it? Win 10, ver 19043.1110 Thanks! Andy

:)

youradds, Jul 26, 2021
  2. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jul 26, 2021
  3. Weird Interlacing and Taskbar location issues with driver release 335.25

Hey guys, been having this weird issues going on with my main gaming PC, the system specs are on the tab to the right of this post, and these issues started happening with the 33X release of the Nvidia drivers.

First of all, every time I boot my PC, the right screen shows this weird vertical interlacing, like it's displaying at half vertical resolution or less, compared the the other two screens:

Weird screen taskbar icon issue since latest update 20140330_094811.jpg

I've tried different DVI cables, changing one monitor for another, moving the bottom Titan card to the top and connecting to a different DVI output, all to no avail, this is entirely a software issue and I've tried to capture a screenshot of it but when I do the screen looks normal, I had to use my cell camera to capture this picture.

The only way to fix it is by entering the Nvidia Control Panel, and clicking on the Configure button found under "Span displays with Surround", then it allows me to reset the display driver and the screen goes back to normal.

This happens only to the right panel, no matter what monitor or video card or DVI connector I use.

The second issue is much less intrusive, but still annoying. On boot my Taskbar is floating above the bottom of the center screen and it messes the bottom row of icons on my desktop:

Weird screen taskbar icon issue since latest update [​IMG]

I can fix this very easily by clicking on the start button and the taskbar immediately resets back to its normal position, but I have to move those icons back up on my desktop so they're not covered by the taskbar.

All these issues started happening when I installed the 33X.XX drivers, and all releases on these series cause the same problems on this particular rig, I've googled for solutions to no avail, and was wondering if any of you guys on multiple screens and Nvidia cards had any input or suggestions.

Any help will be greatly appreciated! *Toast :toast:

15th Warlock, Jul 26, 2021
  4. dekayd Win User

Cannot find power icon in taskbar

Have you tried the suggestions listed on the right side of the screen, Showing the battery icon on the taskbar, yet?

dekayd, Jul 26, 2021
Thema:

1. Weird screen taskbar icon issue since latest update - Similar Threads - Weird screen taskbar

2. Taskbar and taskbar icons are now much bigger since latest Windows 11 update yesterday!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar and taskbar icons are now much bigger since latest Windows 11 update yesterday!!!: The Taskbar and taskbar icons are now much bigger since latest Windows 11 update yesterday!!! Also, since the update yesterday TranslucentTB is no longer working. What the hell? Windows updates should make windows better not worse!How do I change the size of the Taskbar and...
  3. Taskbar and taskbar icons are now much bigger since latest Windows 11 update yesterday!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar and taskbar icons are now much bigger since latest Windows 11 update yesterday!!!: The Taskbar and taskbar icons are now much bigger since latest Windows 11 update yesterday!!! Also, since the update yesterday TranslucentTB is no longer working. What the hell? Windows updates should make windows better not worse!How do I change the size of the Taskbar and...
  4. Microsoft support icon and app missing in start up and taskbar since latest update.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft support icon and app missing in start up and taskbar since latest update.: Microsoft support app is no longer listed in startup, no tile, no taskbar icon since the most recent update to this pc. How to display them again in Windows 10, 20H2, v. 19042.1083 desktop?...
  5. Weird issues since last update probably ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird issues since last update probably ?: Hey friends I'm not sure if my issue is related to latest updates or not but anyways here it goes... Earlier - when I turned on my laptop - the manufacturer page "Lenovo" used to start with a circling dots one for a few seconds before coming onto "Welcome" screen, now a days,...
  6. Weird issue with icons

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird issue with icons: All of the folders on my desktop are normal, but the icons are not - they appear like nothing is in them, as for settings, when i launch the settings app the icon is just nothing, just a white bar under nothing signaling that the app is open. Any way to fix this? submitted...
  7. Issues with searchapp crashing since latest update.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Issues with searchapp crashing since latest update.: Hello. Since the latest update (for me was on 11/18/20) I’m getting this error for trying use windows search (the magnifying glass opens then closes and you can’t type anything to search) Faulting application name: SearchApp.exe, version: 10.0.19041.546, time stamp:...
  8. Microphone issues since latest windows update.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone issues since latest windows update.: Ever since the latest windows update when activated my microphone just outputs a bunch of static when ever it receives any sound. Microphone was tested with other devices and worked perfectly fine and worked perfectly fine pre update. Updating driver proved fruitless....
  9. Weird Icon on Taskbar since May 2020 Update Win10 v2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Weird Icon on Taskbar since May 2020 Update Win10 v2004: Hello, ever since updating my windows 10 version to 2004 yesterday, I get a very weird icon on staskbar: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] It appears when I open the arrow on the taskbar and as soon as I hover on it, it immediately disappears, until the next time it appears again....
  10. Icons on the taskbar got weird.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icons on the taskbar got weird.: Since 2-3 days ago, the icons on the taskbar began to act weird. First off, the volume icon was missing. So, I researched it and found a solution. It said that open the taskbar setting window and check select which icons appear on the taskbar. There were toggle buttons and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. www.windowsphoneinfo.com