Windows 10: Weird scrolling glitch

Discus and support Weird scrolling glitch in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I don't know what I did but one or more of my keyboard keys are stuck pressed down. I dont even know which one, it's hard to figure out. But here are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by bluecew, Aug 22, 2019.

1. bluecew Win User

Weird scrolling glitch

I don't know what I did but one or more of my keyboard keys are stuck pressed down. I dont even know which one, it's hard to figure out. But here are things that are happening:

• When I click on the volume icon in the taskbar, the volume keeps getting lowered by itself
    • My chrome tabs keeps switching when I move the cursor to the top of google chrome
    • The PC keeps scrolling up by itself, but it is not in all programs (I notice it happens in microsoft store apps, the start menu, the task view, and anything Windows related)

What I tried:

• Restarting
    • Pressing arrow keys
    • Pressing PgUp/PgDn
    • Disconnecting my mouse
    • Seeing if sticky keys is turned off, and it is

UPDATE: The problem seems to be software related and not hardware related. I disconnected my keyboard and mouse and the problem still persists.

:)

bluecew, Aug 22, 2019

2. Weird Auto Scroll

For some reason i'm suddenly having a strange issue with my mouse on Windows 10.

If I try and click on any Drop Down list box they automatically close, if I select all apps and move my mouse cursor over the apps it will quickly scroll to the bottom. if I turn my mouse off (it's a wifi mouse) the phenomenon will still occur.

I can use the mouse to drag the list of apps back to the top but as soon as I let go of the mouse button back down it goes.

Note: I just tried a drop down list in World of Warcraft and the problem does not exist.

i.e.

Chrome (this webpage) - I have to use a keyboard to select the options

Windows Apps - these auto scroll

World of Warcraft - No weird behaviour

DerrickHobson, Aug 22, 2019
  3. vgather Win User
    weird big screen glitch? help?

im getting this glitch whenever i load a video
    Weird scrolling glitch [​IMG]

vgather, Aug 22, 2019
  4. Weird scrolling glitch

Weird graphical text editor glitch in a dual monitor setup on windows 10

My dearest superusers,

I have a very weird graphics 'glitch' for certain IDE's or editors, like TexStudio and Spyder. It happens that certain lines or words overlap with each other, and sometimes certain lines have different fontsizes even (not shown in next image)

Screenshot for one example of overlapping words:

Weird scrolling glitch KLWUi.png

It happens usually in my secondary monitor (LG Flatron E2350V), but if I remember correctly, it had appeared on my primary as well. My primary is just the one of my laptop (HP Pavilion - 14-al125nd). What I have noticed (from what I remember) is:

• When the problem appeared in Spyder in primary monitor, it was
      sometimes solved by saving the python file
    • When the problem appeard in Spyder in secondary monitor, it was
      sometimes solved by maximizing the window.
    • And at times none of the above methods worked for no monitor.
    • When I drag one of the text environments (texStudio or Spyder) from monitor 1 to monitor 2, the text transitions into the glitched version.
    • Also,some IDEs like Matlab, never experienced this problem. (And till now, I have never seen the problem elsewhere
    • As far as I know, these two programs are the only ones where the glitch appeared.
    • Lately, the problem does not appear in first monitor, but it still does in second one.

This suggests that the problem is time-varying and possibly also varies in its characteristcs.

To solve the problem, I've tried to:

• update to latests graphics drivers, both my integraded Intel card (HD
      Graphics 620), as well as my dedicated Nvdia GeFore 940MX card.
    • Otherwise I've tried to search online but frankly, I do not really
      know the right search terms to find the same problem. Therefore I
      hope to find some answers or suggestions on this site!

Just to be clear, my question is what causes and/or what can potentially solve the problem?
    Of course I do not know what information could be used/required to answer this question, so if there are any questions of additional details that I did not mention, please ask.

Sidenote: I am not sure whether my tags are correct either. Feedback is appreciated.

BlueRine S, Aug 22, 2019
Thema:

Weird scrolling glitch

1. Weird scrolling glitch - Similar Threads - Weird scrolling glitch

2. Weird texture glitches

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird texture glitches: I have been getting strange texture glitches recently.They seem to change color if i tab out and back in, or disapear entirely.They look like this:This is the texture glitch:This is what it's supposed to look like:This is another texture glitch:This is what it's supposed to...
  3. Weird Glitch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird Glitch: Hi, I've been using Microsoft devices mostly and when I'm playing a game or something that I have to click on the bottom of the screen near the taskbar the focus goes to the task bar when I'm not clicking exactly on the taskbar, then I have to click on the game and retry...
  4. Weird Glitch

Weird Glitch: Hi, I've been using Microsoft devices mostly and when I'm playing a game or something that I have to click on the bottom of the screen near the taskbar the focus goes to the task bar when I'm not clicking exactly on the taskbar, then I have to click on the game and retry...
  5. A Weird Glitch With Notepad.

A Weird Glitch With Notepad.: When I copy and pasted something up until now, it would be in a vertical format. But when I did the same thing today, it's all crammed together in a long, ugly, hard-to-read line. This has never been an issue before, and I really want it fixed....
  6. A weird language glitch

in Windows 10 Customization
    A weird language glitch: i dont know what to do pls help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-weird-language-glitch/018e6b2c-f5b6-4568-8eb3-3920df6dfe70
  7. Minecraft weird glitch!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Minecraft weird glitch!: So the past two days my Minecraft has been acting up. Basically, If I have Minecraft in full screen I can't tab back in to the game if I tab out no matter what I try. And sometimes when launching Minecraft it just doesn't let me in and the game just flickers. I don't know why...
  8. Weird glitching

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Weird glitching: So the issue I am currently having is whenever I move my laptop just a tiny bit or if it shakes anything, it goes into this weird black glitchy screen; sometimes the laptop reboots; other times it doesn't; it just sits there and freezes as it crashed, but I have the slightest...
  9. weird glitch

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    weird glitch: so whenever im booting some os in vmware doesnt matter if its windows,linux or a custom os it still shows press alt+z to open geforce expericence during the boot of any os and this just started happining after i did a update...
  10. Weird Glitch

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird Glitch: I don't know how to explain but heres a picture Glitch Image When i hover my mouse to the empty places the icons and texts appears. After i close the thing and reopen it, it disappears. Happens to all softwares that has those option things submitted by /u/Hellireddit...