Windows 10: Weird scrolling issue

Discus and support Weird scrolling issue in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have this bizarre issue in some Microsoft apps (Groove music, settings, films and tv, Xbox companion & game bar, etc..) Where it scrolls all the way... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Ryan_S_Reddit, Aug 23, 2020.

1. Weird scrolling issue

/u/Ryan_S_Reddit, Aug 23, 2020

2. Weird Auto Scroll

For some reason i'm suddenly having a strange issue with my mouse on Windows 10.

If I try and click on any Drop Down list box they automatically close, if I select all apps and move my mouse cursor over the apps it will quickly scroll to the bottom. if I turn my mouse off (it's a wifi mouse) the phenomenon will still occur.

I can use the mouse to drag the list of apps back to the top but as soon as I let go of the mouse button back down it goes.

Note: I just tried a drop down list in World of Warcraft and the problem does not exist.

i.e.

Chrome (this webpage) - I have to use a keyboard to select the options

Windows Apps - these auto scroll

World of Warcraft - No weird behaviour

DerrickHobson, Aug 23, 2020
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Aug 23, 2020
  4. pedsto Win User

Weird scrolling issue

scrolling bad

New event. When placing cursor over a list or row of columns, even the volume bar scrolling is automatic and proceeds to one end of the series and stops. The scrolling also stops when I move the cursor away from the list but am unable to select anything in the list. Not all the possible lists are effected. Other sites have recommended mouse/kb fixes. Have tried all those but the phenomena persists. Have not had any known updates recently and don't have a restore point to try. Any other suggestions? W10Pro 1903

pedsto, Aug 23, 2020
Thema:

Weird scrolling issue

1. Weird scrolling issue - Similar Threads - Weird scrolling issue

2. Microsoft Photos app scrolls weird.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Photos app scrolls weird.: Photos within a specific folder will either loop through photos I've already scrolled past, or completely skip others. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-photos-app-scrolls-weird/f967a84f-9cd0-4c71-be18-faa1577305f4
  3. Microsoft Photos app scrolls weird.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Photos app scrolls weird.: Photos within a specific folder will either loop through photos I've already scrolled past, or completely skip others. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-photos-app-scrolls-weird/f967a84f-9cd0-4c71-be18-faa1577305f4
  4. Scrolling Issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Scrolling Issues: My screen wants to scroll up and down when I don't want it to. And my browser keeps opening up more tabs every time I try to refresh my screen. Happens on both Chrome & Edge and just started today...
  5. Issues with scrolling

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Issues with scrolling: So from what I’ve seen while trying to troubleshoot this it seems like it’s a fairly common issue.. a couple of days ago I updated my laptop to windows 10 from (i think) windows 7 and since then I’m unable to scroll using the little line going down the right side of the...
  6. Weird scrolling/zooming issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird scrolling/zooming issue: When I open the settings app and then go into a category, it scrolls straight down to the bottom like this and when I open a picture, it starts zooming into the center of it. To me, it doesn't make sense because one auction is the equivalent of scrolling down and one would be...
  7. Scrolling issue

Scrolling issue: I cant scroll down with my touchpad double fingers, and i cant find the devices setting under the mouse properties, How should i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scrolling-issue/fc7065e4-d7d2-4307-8fab-de682c0d90ee
  8. Scrolling issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Scrolling issue: new pc windows 10 in S mode using explorernto open pages, if inscroll or page down, within seconds it returns to top of page, how do i stop this all the forums point to auto accent color off but i dont have that in my settings to disable...
  9. Weird scrolling glitch

Weird scrolling glitch: I don't know what I did but one or more of my keyboard keys are stuck pressed down. I dont even know which one, it's hard to figure out. But here are things that are happening: When I click on the volume icon in the taskbar, the volume keeps getting lowered by itself My...
  10. touchpad scroll showing weird behavior

touchpad scroll showing weird behavior: My touchpad has the two-fingers to scroll a page thing enabled. I don't know why but it started showing weird behaviors recently. I usually use a mouse so I didn't notice till recently but every third scroll, the page scrolls in the opposite direction of the last two........