Windows 10: weird sd card

Discus and support weird sd card in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; A friend traded me a mirco sd card he had in his phone. it was a 200 gig sd. what is weird about it it only is writable in a micro sd slot. For me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by thomaseg1, May 1, 2017.

1. thomaseg1 Win User

weird sd card

A friend traded me a mirco sd card he had in his phone. it was a 200 gig sd.
    what is weird about it it only is writable in a micro sd slot. For me this means
    only my Android tablet or Nextbook (win 8) tablet can write to it.
    I tried it in three standard adapters and it wasn't even detected unless the
    write tab was set to on. is there any way around this?
    I would like to use it to transfer my indesign templates and documents
    to and from work.

:)

thomaseg1, May 1, 2017

2. App Corrupted?

It's actually a new sd card.

I tried with my old sd card, it says "Downloading 8MB" but the progress bar didn't move.

Miraj Fauzi, May 1, 2017
  3. Nokia E Series - SD card password vs encryption

I'm using Nokia E72. I can't understand what's the difference between SD encryption nad SD password.

If I use SD encryption I can still remove card from phone and read it without problems on my PC - that's weird.

Using SD password makes my card unreadable on my PC.

mo1mo---01, May 1, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

weird sd card

This will probably be down to how the SD card was formatted for use in the phone, particularly if it was used as 'adopted storage'.

http://www.androidauthority.com/high...plains-690710/

In Windows, only exFAT and ntfs formats are supported for drives larger than 32GB. I'd expect you could use the 200GB SD normally if you reformat it to one of those.

Bree, May 1, 2017
  5. jl2509 Win User
    jl2509, May 1, 2017
  6. thomaseg1 Win User
    In Windows, only exFAT and ntfs formats are supported for drives larger than 32GB. I'd expect you could use the 200GB SD normally if you reformat it to one of those.

Thanks I plugged it into my nextbook and reformated as ntfs, it now works fine.
    Here I was looking for a complex solution so of course it turned out to be an easy one. *Smile

thomaseg1, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

weird sd card

1. weird sd card - Similar Threads - weird card

2. WEIRD GRAPHICS ISSUES APPEARING OCCASIONALLY, IS IT GRAPHICS CARD DRIVER ISSUE OR IS IT...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WEIRD GRAPHICS ISSUES APPEARING OCCASIONALLY, IS IT GRAPHICS CARD DRIVER ISSUE OR IS IT...: Could somebody please explain why this weird graphics occasionally happens, it appears occasionally for few seconds and then gone, and then returns later but irregularly. I have read that it might be graphics card driver issue, but I do ask if it might be Windows 11 related...
  3. WEIRD GRAPHICS ISSUES APPEARING OCCASIONALLY, IS IT GRAPHICS CARD DRIVER ISSUE OR IS IT...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WEIRD GRAPHICS ISSUES APPEARING OCCASIONALLY, IS IT GRAPHICS CARD DRIVER ISSUE OR IS IT...: Could somebody please explain why this weird graphics occasionally happens, it appears occasionally for few seconds and then gone, and then returns later but irregularly. I have read that it might be graphics card driver issue, but I do ask if it might be Windows 11 related...
  4. How to delete weird character named files [in sd card]?

How to delete weird character named files [in sd card]?: i have been trying to delete some of my files in my micro sd card but it is unable to delete.even i tried to formate my sd card but the windows is unable to formate.i even tried using cmd to delete but it shows error....
  5. How to delete weird character named files [in sd card]?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to delete weird character named files [in sd card]?: i have been trying to delete some of my files in my micro sd card but it is unable to delete.even i tried to formate my sd card but the windows is unable to formate.i even tried using cmd to delete but it shows error....
  6. How to delete weird character named files [in sd card]?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. VGA card not supported by UEFI driver weird pixelation????

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VGA card not supported by UEFI driver weird pixelation????: This randomly began happening last night, and I hoped to god it was just my **** power supply giving out. It seems to be an issue with my graphics card but hopefully a software issue?? It seemed to randomly boot up and display clearly with pixels after getting this error...
  8. VGA card not supported by UEFI driver weird pixelation????

VGA card not supported by UEFI driver weird pixelation????: This randomly began happening last night, and I hoped to god it was just my **** power supply giving out. It seems to be an issue with my graphics card but hopefully a software issue?? It seemed to randomly boot up and display clearly with pixels after getting this error...
  9. Why is my Graphics card acting weird all of a sudden

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Why is my Graphics card acting weird all of a sudden: i recently bought a new gaming computer. it had a core i5-7400 and an AMD Radeon rx 580 armor graphics card. It was fine, cpu was doing good, gpu, ram, etc. and i recently bought gta 5 and have been playing it a LOT. I insialled CPUID HWMonitor to monitor the temps when i...
  10. Really weird HDMI case with my video card...

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Really weird HDMI case with my video card...: Here's something strange? When I plug in my monitor in the HDMI-port of my videocard, my desktop and stuff show up but no mousepointer! When I plug in my monitor in the DV-I port of my videocard, all show up just fine and the mousepointer shows up as well! How can this be?...