Windows 10: Weird second monitor glitch - horizontal multicolored lines

Discus and support Weird second monitor glitch - horizontal multicolored lines in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Since yesterday, whenever I start my computer, my second monitor shows horizontal glitched-like lines at the top. I'm pretty sure the day before, I did... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Krowplex, Oct 11, 2020.

1. Weird second monitor glitch - horizontal multicolored lines

Since yesterday, whenever I start my computer, my second monitor shows horizontal glitched-like lines at the top. I'm pretty sure the day before, I did an update.

It's not constant. It goes away and comes back every 1.5 seconds. It also does like if my monitor got punched - the image isn't still, and seems to drop down.

I tried to replug the cables. Now, it stops and goes back to normal after 3 to 5 minutes.

Do you think it's hardware related? Or could it be an issue from Windows 10?

I will have to do further testing such as switching HDMI cables, and switch the screen's HDMI's etc..

submitted by /u/Krowplex
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Krowplex, Oct 11, 2020
  2. coghlanm Win User

Monitor has horizontal & vertical lines

Hi,

I am unable to see anything on my monitor except for horizontal and veritical lines. This computer is brand new, has worked for a month. I think it's related to the connection from the monitor to the laptop as when I push on the monitor I was able to see
    a little the other day. I'm unsuccessful in seeing anything now. I've tried to to restart, I've removed the battery. any other suggestions or do I need a technican?

Dell Inspiron 23 i5559-4682SLV Signature Edition

bought on 12/5

thanks,

Mike

coghlanm, Oct 11, 2020
  3. Weird graphical text editor glitch in a dual monitor setup on windows 10

My dearest superusers,

I have a very weird graphics 'glitch' for certain IDE's or editors, like TexStudio and Spyder. It happens that certain lines or words overlap with each other, and sometimes certain lines have different fontsizes even (not shown in next image)

Screenshot for one example of overlapping words:

Weird second monitor glitch - horizontal multicolored lines KLWUi.png

It happens usually in my secondary monitor (LG Flatron E2350V), but if I remember correctly, it had appeared on my primary as well. My primary is just the one of my laptop (HP Pavilion - 14-al125nd). What I have noticed (from what I remember) is:

• When the problem appeared in Spyder in primary monitor, it was
      sometimes solved by saving the python file
    • When the problem appeard in Spyder in secondary monitor, it was
      sometimes solved by maximizing the window.
    • And at times none of the above methods worked for no monitor.
    • When I drag one of the text environments (texStudio or Spyder) from monitor 1 to monitor 2, the text transitions into the glitched version.
    • Also,some IDEs like Matlab, never experienced this problem. (And till now, I have never seen the problem elsewhere
    • As far as I know, these two programs are the only ones where the glitch appeared.
    • Lately, the problem does not appear in first monitor, but it still does in second one.

This suggests that the problem is time-varying and possibly also varies in its characteristcs.

To solve the problem, I've tried to:

• update to latests graphics drivers, both my integraded Intel card (HD
      Graphics 620), as well as my dedicated Nvdia GeFore 940MX card.
    • Otherwise I've tried to search online but frankly, I do not really
      know the right search terms to find the same problem. Therefore I
      hope to find some answers or suggestions on this site!

Just to be clear, my question is what causes and/or what can potentially solve the problem?
    Of course I do not know what information could be used/required to answer this question, so if there are any questions of additional details that I did not mention, please ask.

Sidenote: I am not sure whether my tags are correct either. Feedback is appreciated.

BlueRine S, Oct 11, 2020
  4. ecoh419 Win User

Weird second monitor glitch - horizontal multicolored lines

Dual Screen horizontal lines and tearing.

Hello All

I have a dual screen setup, with my desktop extended to a second monitor. A week or so after updating windows 10 with the creators update my dual screen set up is experiencing a large horizontal line traveling up one of my displays with shaking below. I have attached an image.

Weird second monitor glitch - horizontal multicolored lines [​IMG]

This first happened on my primary display (29" Asus connect with display port). After rebooting the tearing then moved over to my secondary display where it has remained for the last week intermittently. (Samsung 22" connected with a VGA to DVI adapter). Both Monitors are connected to my ATI R9 270.

I have ruled out the display hardware as this issue goes away in safe mode. If I set my computer to only use one display either the 22" or 29", the issue is gone. I have also connected to another computer (mac book pro) and the tearing does not persist.

Other things I have tried:

• Reboot
    • Shut down
    • Pulled power cords from monitors and pc for 30 minutes
    • Update graphics card driver
    • Reinstall graphic card driver
    • Try different connectors
    • Uninstall display device in hardware manager

Any and all help is appreciated as this one is really driving my nuts!

ecoh419, Oct 11, 2020
Thema:

Weird second monitor glitch - horizontal multicolored lines

1. Weird second monitor glitch - horizontal multicolored lines - Similar Threads - Weird second monitor

2. Singular horizontal purplish line on monitor.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Singular horizontal purplish line on monitor.: Hi,This is my first time using this feature so my bad if I make a mistake. I tried to attach an image but it’s not working apparently. But I have a horizontal line on my monitor and it won’t go away. I’ve tried to check if my drivers were up to date, checked Bios and it said...
  3. Weird lines on the monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird lines on the monitor: Hi, all of a sudden my monitor HP Omen 25" 144hz using a display port connected to an assembled PC with NVIDIA 1660 running windows 10 started presenting weird subtle horizontal gray lines and I noticed almost like a drop in the video quality, I checked the settings for the...
  4. Weird lines on the monitor

Weird lines on the monitor: Hi, all of a sudden my monitor HP Omen 25" 144hz using a display port connected to an assembled PC with NVIDIA 1660 running windows 10 started presenting weird subtle horizontal gray lines and I noticed almost like a drop in the video quality, I checked the settings for the...
  5. Weird lines on the monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. What is this weird horizontal line?

What is this weird horizontal line?: There is a weird line at the very bottom of the monitor, it starts as black, but when the mouse is moved to the line it changes colour. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-this-weird-horizontal-line/baf68e8c-04c1-44ae-bd00-ec58f8100010
  7. What is this weird horizontal line?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is this weird horizontal line?: There is a weird line at the very bottom of the monitor, it starts as black, but when the mouse is moved to the line it changes colour. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-this-weird-horizontal-line/baf68e8c-04c1-44ae-bd00-ec58f8100010
  8. Weird, subtle horizontal lines on monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird, subtle horizontal lines on monitor: Suddenly today one of my monitors started looking weird, with these subtle horizontal lines covering the entire screen, along with some weird color transitioning.It's hard to describe and the picture doesn't help a lot since I'm taking a picture of a screen, but I tried my...
  9. Weird, subtle horizontal lines on monitor

Weird, subtle horizontal lines on monitor: Suddenly today one of my monitors started looking weird, with these subtle horizontal lines covering the entire screen, along with some weird color transitioning.It's hard to describe and the picture doesn't help a lot since I'm taking a picture of a screen, but I tried my...
  10. my monitor shows a horizontal line

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my monitor shows a horizontal line: my monitor shows a horizontal line https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-monitor-shows-a-horizontal-line/b7edd854-2a22-4273-a603-de695cb17e2c