Windows 10: Weird shade with yellowish tint on the screen?

Discus and support Weird shade with yellowish tint on the screen? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; tl;dr: weird shadow on screen with small windows, could be a driver issue, pic related Hi everyone, I've been having this problem where a weird shade... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by feber4, May 4, 2021.

1. feber4 Win User

Weird shade with yellowish tint on the screen?

tl;dr: weird shadow on screen with small windows, could be a driver issue, pic related Hi everyone, I've been having this problem where a weird shade is cast on my screen when I open 'unmaximized' windows (Start menu, the tooltip when you hover over an item with your cursor, a small window etc.) and the shade is always aligned with the upper part of the window. I used to think that my iGPU was somehow fried and that the shadow was related to it, but I dual boot with GNU/Linux I have never seen that happen there before. Also, I booted into the safe mode and uninstalled Intel Graphics drivers and the problem disappeared, only to appear right again when I rebooted back into Windows normally, because Windows automatically reinstalled the corresponding drivers. Then I thought, if this is a driver issue maybe a clean install might help with it. I reinstalled Windows to no avail; clean install, nothing but a browser installed whatsoever. Same annoying shadow greeting me back again. The problem persisting after a clean install and the fact that it wouldn't happen when I connect a second monitor through HDMI, which is connected to my dGPU, makes me think that it could be related to the iGPU itself, but then why would it go away when I uninstall the drivers and on Linux? This kept happening from 1909 to 20H2, nothing changed so far. I also narrowed the problem down to Intel's driver. I reinstalled Windows again and the problem starts happening right after Intel drivers are installed automatically. I rolled back the driver using Device Manager and the device turned into "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter". No shadow. I updated the driver there, no shadow again. Restarted my computer, shadow came right back. Did the same thing (rolling back and updating) and no shadow. Does anyone have an idea why this might be happening and how I can solve it? iGPU: Intel UHD 630 dGPU: Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti CPU: i5 8300H

:)

feber4, May 4, 2021
  2. feber4 Win User

tl;dr: weird shadow on screen with small windows, could be a driver issue, pic related

Hi everyone,

I've been having this problem where a weird shade is cast on my screen when I open 'unmaximized' windows (Start menu, the tooltip when you hover over an item with your cursor, a small window etc.) and the shade is always aligned with the upper part of the window.

I used to think that my iGPU was somehow fried and that the shadow was related to it, but I dual boot with GNU/Linux I have never seen that happen there before. Also, I booted into the safe mode and uninstalled Intel Graphics drivers and the problem disappeared, only to appear right again when I rebooted back into Windows normally, because Windows automatically reinstalled the corresponding drivers.

Then I thought, if this is a driver issue maybe a clean install might help with it. I reinstalled Windows to no avail; clean install, nothing but a browser installed whatsoever. Same annoying shadow greeting me back again.

The problem persisting after a clean install and the fact that it wouldn't happen when I connect a second monitor through HDMI, which is connected to my dGPU, makes me think that it could be related to the iGPU itself, but then why would it go away when I uninstall the drivers and on Linux?

This kept happening from 1909 to 20H2, nothing changed so far.

I also narrowed the problem down to Intel's driver.
    I reinstalled Windows again and the problem starts happening right after Intel drivers are installed automatically. I rolled back the driver using Device Manager and the device turned into "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter". No shadow. I updated the driver there, no shadow again. Restarted my computer, shadow came right back. Did the same thing (rolling back and updating) and no shadow.

Weird shade with yellowish tint on the screen? [​IMG]

Does anyone have an idea why this might be happening and how I can solve it?

iGPU: Intel UHD 630

dGPU: Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti

CPU: i5 8300H

feber4, May 4, 2021
  3. Yellowish Tint on Moniter on Windows 10

Whenever I powered on or restart my laptop,Some yellowish tint appear on screen.

When i go to setting >Display .Its get normal.

Again restart, same yellow tint...

TheUttamRao, May 4, 2021
  4. Weird shade with yellowish tint on the screen?

yellowish tint on white

does any find that there is a yellowish tint when displaying white on their Lumia 800? it is most apparent in internet explorer where most of the background is white.

puddycat---01, May 4, 2021
Thema:

1. Weird shade with yellowish tint on the screen? - Similar Threads - Weird shade yellowish

2. Weird white shadeing on screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird white shadeing on screen: Let's start this by saying I have a Microsoft Edge I believe. It's windows 11. Recently a weird white shade has shown up around the edge, it would fade off slowly. Now theirs more and they fade very very slowly. Any idea to what's going on? And if I can fix it?...
  3. Weird white shadeing on screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird white shadeing on screen: Let's start this by saying I have a Microsoft Edge I believe. It's windows 11. Recently a weird white shade has shown up around the edge, it would fade off slowly. Now theirs more and they fade very very slowly. Any idea to what's going on? And if I can fix it?...
  4. Weird Shade On Text and Images

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird Shade On Text and Images: I don't know if you can see this but there is a type of shade on the logo and on the text. Can this be disabled or not? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weird-shade-on-text-and-images/e9f30760-ff37-463e-8097-10a3d55fe5ed
  5. Weird Shade On Text and Images

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird Shade On Text and Images: I don't know if you can see this but there is a type of shade on the logo and on the text. Can this be disabled or not? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weird-shade-on-text-and-images/e9f30760-ff37-463e-8097-10a3d55fe5ed
  6. Weird Shade On Text and Images

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Fix yellowish tint

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Fix yellowish tint: Hello. I have an Asus VivoBook and it is in perfect conditions but when i put it in sleep mode and turn it on again it has a slight yellowish tint (the same happens if I restart it) but if I turn it off and turn it on again the yellowish tint vanishes. How can I fix this...
  8. Display has a minor greenish/yellowish tint to it.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Display has a minor greenish/yellowish tint to it.: How do i fix this? It's like the blue light filter but a bit greener. I checked whether the filter was on and it is off. How do I fix this? It's most noticeable on white backgrounds. submitted by /u/ItzN0tMe [link] [comments]...
  9. Yellowish tint on laptop screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Yellowish tint on laptop screen: Hello, my laptop screen has a yellowish tint to it since 30/07. On that day, I opened my laptop lid, and, as it had been sleeping for more than a day, the system and apps were kind of slow. My screen was normal then. I decided to restart the computer, something I've done...
  10. Yellowish Tint on Moniter on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Yellowish Tint on Moniter on Windows 10: Whenever I powered on or restart my laptop,Some yellowish tint appear on screen. When i go to setting >Display .Its get normal. Again restart, same yellow tint......