Windows 10: Weird shortcut that opens to chrome

Discus and support Weird shortcut that opens to chrome in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello there, I recently noticed that there were 3 new shortcuts in my start page's "recently added" that was named "simple calc", "power tool - g... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/jialuhhh, May 8, 2020.

1. Weird shortcut that opens to chrome

Hello there,

I recently noticed that there were 3 new shortcuts in my start page's "recently added" that was named "simple calc", "power tool - g suite", and "camera". When I tried to uninstall, it would take me to the apps manager window but I couldn't find the apps there. Opening to the location of the files also lead me nowhere. The night before I had been downloading some stuff from kind of sketch places but didn't think I actually downloaded anything other than the games I wanted. Is it possible some virus made it in and disguised itself as those shortcuts?

submitted by /u/jialuhhh
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/jialuhhh, May 8, 2020
  2. Dave____J Win User

chrome will not open

IK reinstalled the KB and a Silverlight update, no luck. I tried to remove chrome , again, using the suggested tool. Chrome was not on the list, I selected not listed. It wanted the product code. A quick internet search did not find it. I removed chrome
    using the add and remove programs.,reinstalled chrome and ran the clean up tool, no malware. chrome now opens.. I have signed in and it is working. The second removal worked. thx

Dave____J, May 8, 2020
  3. google chrome older shortcuts not opening

Hi,

Had this problem for a while now with google chrome browser, I can create new shortcuts to desktop and they work fine but older ones still will not open the icon etc is there but it only opens to the google page, I have uninstalled chrome,reset it etc but
    nothing seems to work, I have switched to Brave browser for now but i prefer chrome if i can sort the shortcut issue out,

Any help would be greatly appreciated as as always.

Thanks

Kevin

KevinMurray9, May 8, 2020
  4. Weird shortcut that opens to chrome

Chrome glitch

Hello Ralph,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description on one of the three users Chrome is not working.
    I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• The account on which you are facing issue with Chrome, does it have the administrator permission?
    • Have you check with other browser? Was the result same?
    • Is the issue specific to only one application or facing issue with other application too?

First, I would suggest you to use Internet Explorer and see if it brings any difference.
    Here are the steps through which you can use Internet Explorer.

• Press the Windows key.

• Type Internet Explorer in the search box.

• Right click on Internet Explorer
      (Desktop app).

• Select Pint to task bar.

• Try to use Internet Explorer from there and see if it brings any difference.

If you still want to use Chrome then I would suggest you to open the application Chrome in administrator mode and see if it brings any difference. Here are the steps through which you can open Chrome in Administrator mode.

• Press the Windows key or click on Start icon.
    • Type Google Chrome.
    • Right click on Google Chrome and select the option to Run As Administrator.
    • If everything works fine by running chrome in administrator mode then you may pin it to the task bar.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, May 8, 2020
Thema:

Weird shortcut that opens to chrome

1. Weird shortcut that opens to chrome - Similar Threads - Weird shortcut opens

2. Chrome will only open with a shortcut

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Chrome will only open with a shortcut: Ever since I have gotten my pc February 2022 I have had this problem where chrome will not open unless I create a shortcut. What happens is I download chrome then after that, I run chrome and as soon as I run chrome it closes immediately. So to fix chrome I will first go into...
  3. Chrome will only open with a shortcut

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Chrome will only open with a shortcut: Ever since I have gotten my pc February 2022 I have had this problem where chrome will not open unless I create a shortcut. What happens is I download chrome then after that, I run chrome and as soon as I run chrome it closes immediately. So to fix chrome I will first go into...
  4. Chrome will only open with a shortcut

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Chrome will only open with a shortcut

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Chrome will only open with a shortcut

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Chrome will only open with a shortcut

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Chrome Weirdness

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome Weirdness: I did a search in Google using Chrome. All the different tabs were OK but Images was not. When I clicked on Images (like, say, searching "Europe"), I got a lot of images of Europe, which of course I expected. BUT when I clicked on any of them, I just got the same search page,...
  9. Chrome Weirdness

in Windows 10 Support
    Chrome Weirdness: I did a search in Google using Chrome. All the different tabs were OK but Images was not. When I clicked on Images (like, say, searching "Europe"), I got a lot of images of Europe, which of course I expected. BUT when I clicked on any of them, I just got the same search page,...
  10. google chrome older shortcuts not opening

in Windows 10 Customization
    google chrome older shortcuts not opening: Hi, Had this problem for a while now with google chrome browser, I can create new shortcuts to desktop and they work fine but older ones still will not open the icon etc is there but it only opens to the google page, I have uninstalled chrome,reset it etc but nothing seems...