Windows 10: Weird signs on latest update on windows 10

Discus and support Weird signs on latest update on windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So I got notification about update yesterday, so I left my notebook to update overnight and I just woke up, signed into the notebook and got greeted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Peter Zahorec, Aug 31, 2019.

1. Weird signs on latest update on windows 10

So I got notification about update yesterday, so I left my notebook to update overnight and I just woke up, signed into the notebook and got greeted with this desktop: Weird signs on latest update on windows 10 142d362d-0d54-476c-9a3a-8043d6e3fdbf?upload=true.png . I have this problem on desktop icons and on other stuff like when I tried to upload this image: Weird signs on latest update on windows 10 bdb22047-717b-431c-ba92-f0e1ff589d51?upload=true.png any suggestions on a fix?

:)

Peter Zahorec, Aug 31, 2019
  2. MrGenius Win User

Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

Well, at the moment at least, you can choose to defer upgrades. Under Settings > Windows Updates > Advanced options you need to check the box labeled "Defer upgrades". What does that do? Good question. The answer I've found might illuminate it to a degree.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/defer-upgrades-in-windows-10

I hear this only applies to Pro and Enterprise editions. But I can't verify that.

MrGenius, Aug 31, 2019
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Microsoft claims I signed up for Windows 10...

Click to expand... This is my list of hidden updates:

Weird signs on latest update on windows 10 hidden-updates-jpg.jpg

P4-630, Aug 31, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Weird signs on latest update on windows 10

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 31, 2019
Thema:

Weird signs on latest update on windows 10

1. Weird signs on latest update on windows 10 - Similar Threads - Weird signs latest

2. Latest News looks weird ;-;

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Latest News looks weird ;-;: Does someone know how to disable it? Tysm for your answer :< https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/latest-news-looks-weird/4c4459f2-65c6-4536-9a4c-7052f97a1ff9
  3. Latest News looks weird ;-;

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Latest News looks weird ;-;: Does someone know how to disable it? Tysm for your answer :< https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/latest-news-looks-weird/4c4459f2-65c6-4536-9a4c-7052f97a1ff9
  4. Weird sign-in behaviour on Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Weird sign-in behaviour on Windows 10: Since I got this machine, I've had this weird problem where only one of my sign-in options actually behaves as I expect. If I sign in with my fingerprint, Windows behaves normally. If I use my PIN, or my account password, everything breaks. I can't alt+tab, I can't use...
  5. Weird Behavior in File Explorer With Latest Update KB45224244

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Weird Behavior in File Explorer With Latest Update KB45224244: When I use File Explorer and try to rename a file the filename shows to be the same. If I refresh File Explorer the filename is changed. If I delete a file the file shows to be still there. If I refresh File Explorer it is gone. Anyone know how to fix this?...
  6. Latest Windows 10 update, can not sign in as administrator

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest Windows 10 update, can not sign in as administrator: I am running Windows 10, version 1903 on my lap top. On January 15, 2020, twenty "quality updates" were installed. Since then, my computer has been a mess. A lot of my apps are missing, including the Microsoft Store app. My Chrome folders were all wiped out as well. Then I...
  7. Latest update requires pin for sign in?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Latest update requires pin for sign in?: After the last microsoft update, my system is requesting that I now set up a pin for extra security. Is this legit? I worked my way around it but I prefer signing in with my password. How can I eliminate the request?...
  8. Weird artifacts after latest update on Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Weird artifacts after latest update on Windows 10: Hi, I got weird artifacts after latest update when i open PDF in Edge and the same artifacts happened yesterday in NVIDIA Geforce Experience overlay i had to disable it and enable overlay again but i didn't get chance to get screenshot. But this screenshot from PDF...
  9. The @ sign and the " sign have been swapped since the latest Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Customization
    The @ sign and the " sign have been swapped since the latest Windows 10 update: Since the 1803 update the @ and the " signs have been swapped. I have checked, and all my location, language and keyboard settings are correct (all English/UK) and my keyboard driver is up to date. I have looked online and seen that so many others have the same problem, but...
  10. Weird effects of latest Win 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Weird effects of latest Win 10: Anyone like to have a go at this one? I downloaded the latest Win 10 and now the Window button, bottom left does not work, and in order to get a menu to shut down I have to right click on it. The search box to the right does not work either, and will not allow me to enter...