Windows 10: Weird sound and video playback issue temporarily solved by unplugging and re-plugging any...

Discus and support Weird sound and video playback issue temporarily solved by unplugging and re-plugging any... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Good day!So my issue has been occurring recently and randomly. What happens is that I would lose all sound and any web video currently playing back... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by WiegrafDX, Jan 9, 2023.

1. WiegrafDX Win User

Weird sound and video playback issue temporarily solved by unplugging and re-plugging any...

Good day!So my issue has been occurring recently and randomly. What happens is that I would lose all sound and any web video currently playing back would pretty much pause / freeze with a loading icon overlaying the video as if it was buffering. For example, if I am watching a video when the sound goes out, then the video stops and seems to buffer indefinitely.But the weird part is that unplugging 'any' USB device solves the issue until the next time it occurs. At first I thought that the issue was my headset being faulty but I have tried unplugging a controller which also solved the issue and

:)

WiegrafDX, Jan 9, 2023
  2. Arul_D Win User

Computer Won't Auto Change the Playback Device When Headphones Plugged In/Out

Hi Michael,

I understand your concern and will be happy to assist you.

Is the issue specific to only Headphones/ Does External Speaker play when plugged in?

I suggest you to try resetting the default device as shown in the steps given below and check if the issue persists.

• Plug in the Headphones in the machine.

• Go to Start and Control Panel.

• Select 'Hardware and Sound'.

• Click 'Change system sounds'.

• Click 'Playback' tab. (It should then show you your headphones in the list).

• Select your proper Headphone device from the list, then Click 'Set Default'.

• Now unplug your Headphones and select speakers from the list, then Click 'Set Default'.
    Hope it helps. Please reply for further queries on this.

Arul_D, Jan 9, 2023
  3. Disable beep sound when plugging/unplugging laptop charger

I would suggest you to follow the steps and check if it helps.

Disable the PC Speakers and check if it helps.

• Right click on Sound Icon in the task bar and go to Playback devices.
    • Select Speaker and click on properties.
    • Go to Levels tab, and mute (or you can reduce it) PC Speaker and check if it helps.

Vanan Iyer, Jan 9, 2023
  4. Weird sound and video playback issue temporarily solved by unplugging and re-plugging any...

video playback freeze for a split second with a buzzing sound about every 20 to 30 seconds

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will be glad to assist you with this issue.

Before we proceed, we require more information to assist you better.

• Which application you are using to play the video?
    • What is the format of the videos you are trying to play?
    • Does this happens with all other videos as well?

This issue might be due to outdated or corrupted graphic card drivers. Let's try the below steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: Run Video Playback Troubleshooter.

I suggest you to run the Video Playback
    Troubleshooter. Follow these steps to run
    Video Playback troubleshooter:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar and select it.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Video Playback
      troubleshooter.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.

Step 2: Also, I suggest you to update your graphic card drivers.

I suggest you to update graphic drivers and check if it helps. Follow the steps given below.

• Press Windows key + X key and click on
      Device manager.

• Search for Display Adapters.

• Right-click on the graphics
      card and click on Update driver software.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jan 9, 2023
Thema:

Weird sound and video playback issue temporarily solved by unplugging and re-plugging any...

1. Weird sound and video playback issue temporarily solved by unplugging and re-plugging any... - Similar Threads - Weird sound video

2. Weird sound and video playback issue temporarily solved by unplugging and re-plugging any...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Weird sound and video playback issue temporarily solved by unplugging and re-plugging any...: Good day!So my issue has been occurring recently and randomly. What happens is that I would lose all sound and any web video currently playing back would pretty much pause / freeze with a loading icon overlaying the video as if it was buffering. For example, if I am watching...
  3. Weird sound and video playback issue temporarily solved by unplugging and re-plugging any...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird sound and video playback issue temporarily solved by unplugging and re-plugging any...: Good day!So my issue has been occurring recently and randomly. What happens is that I would lose all sound and any web video currently playing back would pretty much pause / freeze with a loading icon overlaying the video as if it was buffering. For example, if I am watching...
  4. Tip: Sound / Video Issues cutting out, intermittent, volume? Try unplugging / re-plugging...

Tip: Sound / Video Issues cutting out, intermittent, volume? Try unplugging / re-plugging...: This post will sound ridiculously simple but could save a lot of time and frustration. If you have a configuration where your computer is connected via HDMI cables to an amplifier/display/other devices and you are experiencing sound or video issues including cutting out,...
  5. Video playback issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    Video playback issues: Hey all, I have MSI 2080ti and noticed that after installing geforce drivers, I have video playback issues, for example in hulu app or web there is black screen with sound only, no video. Also in youtube, videos are playing corrupted like this: https://imgur.com/KN2jKSS...
  6. Video playback issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Video playback issues: I'm one of the many, many, many people seeing the video glitch with Windows 10. I play a video, or a .gif file, and it gets zoomed in to a pixellated mess, and I'm left staring at (for instance) Philip DeFranco's mouth, and nothing else. At least, I think it's his mouth. Hard...
  7. Video playback issues.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Video playback issues.: Whenever I try to watch a video on YouTube, the video will display the buffering circle. If the video is from an ad, the video screen will display a blank green screen. Audio for all videos works, just the image itself doesn't. I have windows 10, and let my computer install...
  8. Video Playback issues

Video Playback issues: I have Windows 10 and this issue happens on the Edge browser and my other browser Google Chrome. You tube videos, the video ads that play on Microsoft games, and videos on windows opened within websites are zoomed in so close that you can't make out what is playing. This...
  9. Video playback issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    Video playback issues: I recently built a brand new computer and am having issues with local video playback. YouTube video playback works perfectly fine but any local players like the Films & TV app, Windows Media Player and even VLC stutter and lag maybe every 10 seconds inconsistently. All...
  10. Video Playback Issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Video Playback Issues: I am running Windows 10 Home 64-bit. I have an Intel HD Graphics card and a NVIDIA GeForce GT 735M. I have had an issue for a couple of months when viewing videos or footage from my built-in camera. Half of the screen appears fine, but the other half is filled with horizontal...